PDA

View Full Version : Hard Destruction Tips?

Xscapist
07-08-2010, 05:15 AM
Well, I finally managed to do all the Hard Checkpoints, and now all I have left to do to get the achievement are:

- Double Damage - Barcelona Gracia (Destruction)
- Loose Cannon - Hollywood Hills (Destruction)
- Loose Cannon - SanFran Russian Hill (Destruction)

I'm so close! But I am apparently one of those "not very good at these events" people mentioned in the Hard guide, and I'm really struggling with these, more than the hardest Checkpoint ones I think. Particularly that last one (SanFran Russian Hill), I can't seem to get more than 58 points on Hard.

Does anyone have tips on how to rock Destruction events, or tips for these three courses in particular? Would be appreciated. :-)

Lurkio
07-08-2010, 01:52 PM
Perseverance mate and a HUGE slice of fortune.

Try and wait for a bunch of cars to merge together and unleash hell on them.

ALWAYS try to have a full set of bolts ( nothing worse than lining a perfect shot up only to find you have nothing to fire)

DON'T panic if the time is running out, just try and concentrate on hitting the targets.

Blue cars are your friend ( they release a barge when hit and if they are in a group of cars you get LOTS of points)

The San Fran Hill one is DEFINITELY the hardest and took me MANY attempts.

Try NOT to lose your temper (not easy on some I know) and just keep plugging away and you'll get them in time.

Hope this helps

Xscapist
07-11-2010, 05:36 AM
Ugh, these are seriously all that's keeping me from getting the final achievements, and it's like I'm having the same problem on all of them...I do really well once I get near the 4-lights point, and suddenly its like the cars have just stopped generating. Or good ones...a couple green ones and blue ones pop up, but way far ahead and none of my long bolts seem to hit them.

And when I do hit them, a few more green and blue ones generate, and then time is up.

I've tried so many different cars, the ones suggested in the hard guide, the ones at the top of the leaderboard for each track...what am I doing wrong?

Law
07-11-2010, 12:47 PM
Here are the cars I used for each of those:

- Double Damage - Barcelona Gracia (Destruction) - Renault Megane trophy
- Loose Cannon - Hollywood Hills (Destruction) - Dodge Viper ACR (Nemesis or the BMW X5 would probably be better choices though)
- Loose Cannon - SanFran Russian Hill (Destruction) - Rhymer's Chevrolet Camaro SS

There isn't much to tell you that hasn't already been said but try and grab as many Bolts as you can. Don't just shoot them randomly, line up with the cars first. Never slow down, if you are going to pass one of the cars just drive right by and go for the bigger group of cars. When the Hummers show up go for them first as they give the biggest time bonuses.

Xscapist
07-14-2010, 06:20 AM
Arrghh, seriously, SanFran is so much about luck, I hate these events. It's all about "can you clear out the green cars fast enough to generate good ones?," "is it going to give me two red ones this time, or only one?," "oops, you hit that turn wrong, better just retry 'cuz you're screwed now." Grrr.

Xscapist
07-15-2010, 07:45 AM
Hahahahaha, I finally did it. And you know what did the trick for me on SanFran? The Audi of all things. Just made it so much easier to swerve into needed bolt powerups about to fly by (and not hitting corners).

Also, muting the sound helps the under-10-seconds-left beeping to not distract you as much.

Lurkio
07-15-2010, 09:51 PM
Congratulations mate, I know how you're feeling as I had the same problem.

Well done.

Feels good doesn't it.

Xscapist
07-15-2010, 10:03 PM
I'm not sure I'd say good, more like relieved maybe that I don't have to do any of those levels ever again. ;-)

Underkat
07-21-2010, 04:28 PM
lol i was just having so much trouble with the the sanfran one then and suddenly I end up scoring 356 on it! wtf