PDA

View Full Version : USB and Achievements?

ChaoticSushi
07-08-2010, 06:01 PM
I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with this and I haven't found anywhere that answers this specific question.

I'm looking to clean some of my game saves off of my 360 HD. Will transferring game files(not my entire profile just the saves themselves) to a USB stick have any effect over achievements that I haven't completed yet?

I had an issue a couple of years back where I used a memory card to move my Gears of War save file from my buddies Xbox to my own(same profile I had just finally bought my own 360). I was mid-game working on my COG Tag achievement. When I finished collecting them all, my achievement didn't unlock and I had to start a completely new game. I had assumed that was because of me transferring my save from Xbox to card to Xbox.

So let's say I'm halfway through my flag collection on Assassin's Creed, I move the file to my USB and I pick it up again in a couple of months will my work on the achievement be maintained or will I have to search for them all over again?

KillerBEA
07-08-2010, 06:05 PM
No, as long as the achievements are on microsofts database you are fine. Your achievements are not tied to your save in that way.

HAving to do it again would defeat the purpose of transferring it.

On gears of war, it only has a single save slot so you can only have 1 campaign going at a time.

ChaoticSushi
07-08-2010, 06:20 PM
Good deal.

I'd hate to have to go through what I've already done again. Guess that was just a fluke with GoW. I was under the impression the USB stick's acted just like the original HD anyway so there wouldn't be any issues with half completed collection achievements.

Thanks for the help. Just wanted to clear that up before I cleaned house on the HD.