roflkatz
07-08-2010, 06:42 PM
Is it worth it?:confused:

Ackter
07-08-2010, 07:50 PM
5 for one hour of sub-par gameplay.

master guy117
07-08-2010, 07:53 PM
No not at all the price isint worth paying for the amount of gametime u get from it

Istvan Kovacs
07-08-2010, 07:57 PM
I think it's been worth it. A couple hours gameplay is worth the fiver imo. The story could have been a bit more in-depth, and there could have been a couple extra new areas to explore, but all in all it was still a fun ride.
Is it just me or does Leliana look a little ... green?

Canadian Gamerling
07-08-2010, 08:53 PM
its $5.... seriously... the amount you spend on a box of cookies lol

if your not so chincey with your money its worth it! its fun, new, and you get to see a side story which adds a new depth/appreciation to the game!

and yes liliana's skin did look a little green! maybe shes prego :O

The Elite Elite
07-08-2010, 09:29 PM
I think it's worth it. I enjoyed getting a more detailed version of Leliana's background than the story she tells you in the main game. (And just in case it helps you I also quite enjoyed all the previous DLC)

General Boredom
07-09-2010, 02:48 AM
its $5.... seriously... the amount you spend on a box of cookies lol

Actually, 560 MSP is about $7, still not that bad for what you get.

Wether or not it's worth it depends on how much you liked Leliana as a character. She was one of my favorites from the main game, so more backstory for her was welcome. There's also a lot of new voicework in this DLC as well, so it was nice to see BioWare put some actual work into it, unlike Return to Ostagar and Darkspawn Chronicles.

Oh, and if you're a completionist, you'll want it for the new achievements, which are pretty easy.

roflkatz
07-09-2010, 03:39 AM
Is there gonna be a dlc pack with all the dlc Or something like that?Maybe a GOTY.

nateeasy
07-09-2010, 05:26 AM
I bet there will be. Maybe thats whats coming in FEB2011.

General Boredom
07-09-2010, 11:59 AM
I bet there will be. Maybe thats whats coming in FEB2011.

You must've missed the news; what's coming in Feb '11 is Dragon Age 2...

Canadian Gamerling
07-09-2010, 04:22 PM

wellllllllllllll RIDDLE me this hahaha

ok so not a box of cookies but a box of cheap/used condoms....

Lord Montymort
07-09-2010, 04:39 PM
I say it's worth it, but then again Leliana is IMO the best character in Dragon Age, so I was impossible for me not to enjoy it.

ExtremeRugburn
07-09-2010, 04:58 PM
I found it worth the cost for several reasons. First, I like DA and enjoy the game so any new content is a plus (It took me 2 hours). If you liked the game odds are you will enjoy it. Second, if you want 100% completion it has 3 cheevos. Third, you get a really nice suit of armor for rogues that is immediately accessable in DA:O and Awakening. Fourth, it was nice starting out at level 10 and having access to high end items.

I have two complaints. First, the gameplay was completely linear. Second, Why doesn't Leliana kill Marjolian or at least have her arrested? I mean she screwed you royaly, yet you share a few words with her and the expansion ends. Then in DA:O you hunt her down as Lelianas loyalty quest? WTF is up with that? Chop her danm head off then and there.

Canadian Gamerling
07-09-2010, 05:02 PM
if they did that then we wouldnt have the chance to spend $7 for new add on content..... DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

francisrossi
07-09-2010, 06:00 PM

Wether or not it's worth it depends on how much you liked Leliana as a character. She was one of my favorites from the main game, so more backstory for her was welcome. There's also a lot of new voicework in this DLC as well, so it was nice to see BioWare put some actual work into it, unlike Return to Ostagar and Darkspawn Chronicles.

Oh, and if you're a completionist, you'll want it for the new achievements, which are pretty easy.

Yeah, I liked Leliana too. I have virtually all the achievements too, so I want the rest. Vendetta was a little fiddly, until I realised what I was meant to do.

Second, Why doesn't Leliana kill Marjolian or at least have her arrested? I mean she screwed you royaly, yet you share a few words with her and the expansion ends. Then in DA:O you hunt her down as Lelianas loyalty quest? WTF is up with that? Chop her danm head off then and there.

She can't kill her or have her arrested in the DLC, as that would break the game. She has to go after her in the main game. She's all conflicted, as she loves Marjolaine, despite her treachery. Might sound silly, but it's not exactly unheard of in the real world either.

Muse89
07-10-2010, 12:56 PM
wellllllllllllll RIDDLE me this hahaha

ok so not a box of cookies but a box of cheap/used condoms....

youd pay $7 for used condoms?

ill almost definately get this at some point, loved dragon age so any excuse to go back is a good thing as far as im concerned. also leliana was my favourite from the main game too

Odd GooD
07-10-2010, 01:45 PM
well we bought it and played it, but id have to say i was a bit disapointed with it as a whole.
it was (as has been said earlier) very linear and i doubt it has much replay value, unlike the main game which ive played and replayed alot.
and i think the darkspawn chronicals was probably worth more than this one.

but, id still buy it anyway, love this game it seems a shame not to support the DLC. Id love to see the same type of thing with other charactors, posibly even companions from awakenings, as we dont really get to interact with them as much as we do in the original.

over all, Not great but worth getting for fans of the game.

Beechbone
07-12-2010, 10:26 AM
It's probably the best dlc so far. Definitely better than darkspawn chronicles for sure. And who doesn't love Leliana? Her past was one of the more interesting backstories of your companions in DA. Sure it's short, but pretty good.

Judge312
07-12-2010, 08:01 PM
I thought it was entertaining.

Tigercub
07-12-2010, 08:08 PM
i liked it :) but i was a little confused because im sure she said what happened happened in Orlaie (cant remember how you spell it) in the main game and in the DLC its in denerim market?

KimSWge
07-13-2010, 11:43 PM
i thought it was worth the money, since it gave more depth in Leliana's past.

Valentia X
07-14-2010, 01:12 AM
I thought it was. I don't even like Leliana but it was interesting, and the carry-over item was pretty sweet for my AW mage in my latest game. Plus the expansion and how it touches on other characters is nice.

jwtaylor1980
07-14-2010, 02:03 AM
I liked it. It took me a little more than 2 hours to complete, but when I play I also explore all conversation options and read codexes and stuff. The story is pretty interesting, certainly one of the best for DLC (if not THE best). I didn't feel like I got ripped off for the price I paid.

FaTaL EFX
07-14-2010, 03:04 PM
I thought it was actually a really good piece of DLC; bare in mind these are small add-on's not full expansions. It had an interesting storyline, some fantastic new music and items. In fact, it seems Bioware are finally starting to get their act together with DLC, what with both this an Overlord for Mass Effect 2 being the best DLC (imo) for their respective games.

ExtremeRugburn
07-14-2010, 10:24 PM
She can't kill her or have her arrested in the DLC, as that would break the game. She has to go after her in the main game. She's all conflicted, as she loves Marjolaine, despite her treachery. Might sound silly, but it's not exactly unheard of in the real world either.

You are right about killing her and breaking the original game, however, the ending was lacking and could have been better. Marjolian could have been taken into custody by Orliasian officials. This wouldn't have broken the game and like Leliana she is a bard and could have escaped, which in turn could have lead to Leliana's loyalty mission in DA:O. She finds out Marjalian has escaped and wants to hunt her down. Its knit picking, but for a company that usually tells good stories in their games/content, it was a bit lacking here. The overall DLC was still worth buying and I still enjoyed it.

Simlaurel
07-16-2010, 03:35 AM
Outside of Awakenings, this has definetly been my favorite DA DLC. It took me a little under 2 hours to complete. I guess I'm kind of a dork, but I wished they would have included more codex entries on Marjoline, as well as entries about "the game" and Orliasian culture. Also, I loved the music for this DLC!:woop:

Sambuca Queen
07-20-2010, 09:36 AM
I enjoyed it. Gave some back ground to one of my fav characters from the game. And its 3 achievements to unlock.

MDDC
07-21-2010, 02:53 PM
If you're a fan of Leliana, which I am - and you also enjoyed her story when speaking with her, this is a good way to play her story and find out the exact way things went. It's a short DLC, though. I beat it in a hour and eleven minutes, and that was taking my time with it - but it's cheap, so i'd say it's worth it. It's really up to you, though.

bsfouse
07-24-2010, 12:49 PM
It was a short but fun revisit to Dragon Age. I thought Leliana looked older rather than younger though.

RetroSurfer94
07-24-2010, 03:00 PM
i would say its worth it as long as it isn't as bad as MW2 dlc which is so over priced.

francisrossi
07-24-2010, 11:28 PM
It was a short but fun revisit to Dragon Age. I thought Leliana looked older rather than younger though.

I think it was her hair. Having it tied back was, I suspect, meant to make her look younger. Made her look older though.

circus1776
10-07-2010, 10:43 PM
I liked this DLC mostly because I only became intrigued by Leliana in the main game once I learned of her past and who she once was. It was a nice insight to her and oh man the music was FABULOUS - anyone know where I can find the music for this DLC? It worked so well as part of the narrative!!

nagal
12-16-2010, 07:54 AM
It was a good purchase for me.. i like the experience, little short wish it was a bit longer.. but not bad for a 5 spot

lakersandangels
12-23-2010, 09:06 AM
I actually enjoyed Leliana's Song out of all the DLC the most. I just found Leliana's story to be more compelling and interesting and I think that's what did it for me.

Raven96
01-01-2011, 07:50 PM
I found it worth it. About an hour of gameplay and cool item if you replay.

tkhbecker
01-02-2011, 11:16 PM
Why does everyone count the monetary value of a game with acheivement score? Back in the day we bought video cames to play cause me liked them. There were no Gamerscore, Achievements, Leaderboard, etc... it was to play the damn game.

Anyways I liked it for what is was the story of the betrayal of Leliana...

justG0Twicked
04-05-2011, 08:03 PM
Definitely worth it for me. I love Leliana and to find out more about her journey was cool.

M1 Punk
07-18-2011, 02:27 PM
Just beat DA: Origins and all the DLC's. The Awakening DLC is the only one worth buying.

Leliana's Song, could have been a great DLC. I'd like to know more about her background but this DLC was pathetic! You can beat in in less than an hour, it's boring and there no boss fight. (Was that little dragon at the end was supposed to be a boss?)

khfan91
01-03-2012, 10:04 PM
I personally thought it was worth it. It was nice to see Leliana's past, even if it was just a small portion.

amrattray
01-14-2012, 07:37 PM
I'm glad i waited & got the Ultimate Edition - everything for less than the cost of the original game.

Headless Snip3r
02-21-2012, 07:12 PM
She is definately my favorite character in this game, and one of my favorite female characters in any video game. Was a must have for me, and I didn't feel disapointed at all with it.

ahoffoss
05-30-2012, 01:50 AM
I didn't really care for this too much. It was ok, but personally I don't enjoy playing a mage.

mrj3d
06-06-2012, 11:46 AM
I'm glad I got to play this, I thought it was some interesting background. Wish it had been longer but I don't regret buying it.