PDA

View Full Version : Alan Wake Collectable Issues?

Molly
07-08-2010, 08:10 PM
So I am currently on my 3rd run through of Alan Wake and am missing 1 coffee thermos and 1 radio show. Either I was watching a bad video guide on youtube or I wasn't paying attention and missed them. I was just wondering if anyone knew of a commonly missed thermos/ radio location that I might have over-looked? I know it's a long shot, but I thought I'd ask. Thanks in advance =]

PointPlaceWI
07-08-2010, 08:26 PM
You'll have an easier time finding an answer to a game specific question in the forum designed for the game rather than the generalized game thread.

Have a look here: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=331

Molly
07-08-2010, 08:46 PM
Okay thanks! Sorry for the post then... new here so I'm still not familiar with the site.

JHavoc666
07-12-2010, 01:04 AM
So I am currently on my 3rd run through of Alan Wake and am missing 1 coffee thermos and 1 radio show. Either I was watching a bad video guide on youtube or I wasn't paying attention and missed them. I was just wondering if anyone knew of a commonly missed thermos/ radio location that I might have over-looked? I know it's a long shot, but I thought I'd ask. Thanks in advance =]

I had the same thing going on and i missed a radio when i was going torward the safe-house, when your close by there ll be a couple jeeps and the car your riding and a small building with stairs leading upto it and thats were i found my 100th coffee thermos and my last radio

Dz06lt
07-12-2010, 01:05 AM
alan wake is a great game that is almost ruined by all the bullshit collectables

Molly
07-12-2010, 08:25 PM
alan wake is a great game that is almost ruined by all the bullshit collectables

Yeah, sadly, I pretty much agree. The manuscripts would have been fine and a little more relative. The radio stations and everything else just seem a little excessive. I'm going through the nightmare mode/ manuscripts now- read the one about the dog Toby. As the owner of a dog named Toby- nooooot a fan of that one haha.

Dz06lt
07-13-2010, 12:50 AM
Yeah, sadly, I pretty much agree. The manuscripts would have been fine and a little more relative. The radio stations and everything else just seem a little excessive. I'm going through the nightmare mode/ manuscripts now- read the one about the dog Toby. As the owner of a dog named Toby- nooooot a fan of that one haha.

Yeah the pages were perfect, but thermoses, tv's, radio's, crates and signs come on that just bull

Molly
07-13-2010, 06:35 PM
Could you be more specific about the safe house? Is that the well lit room? Which episode is that on?

This be DMK
07-13-2010, 10:54 PM
Man do I know that feeling with missing a 1 of 2 collectibles. Same with the coffee thermose, but the other 1 I'm missing is the item box. I have no clue how I could of missed it, but I did. :mad:

TheEighthSage
07-13-2010, 11:12 PM
I didn't really have a problem with them, and I just followed the guide that Tyger7 put up here, found at: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=230155

It's pretty well detailed, save for a couple times where it's unintentionally misleading(Episode 4 while you're heading to the Anderson Farm is a particularly thorny spot, but then again, I was playing at like 3 am so I could've just read it wrong)

Also, it's entirely possible that you might have picked up a Thermos and/or Manuscript Page and had it glitch the save on you, not counting it when it should have. I noticed that quite a bit with my playthrough, if you don't make it to a checkpoint/Safe Haven you sometimes actually lose the collectible and have to re-collect it.(At least it's not like AC 1 where if you had that happen you were screwed xD)

One final thing to note is that a commonly missed thermos(or what I could consider one) is at the very end while you're in the Dark Place and words are all over the place. Near where you start behind the couch is the word "Thermos." Almost missed that one even after reading the guide xD

Hope any of that helps!^^

Dz06lt
07-18-2010, 01:44 AM
Another reason i hate the collectables in this game. Why the hell do they put collectable in the driving sequences its bullshit

Bkernop
07-20-2010, 04:24 AM
I'm having the same problem. I need two more thermoses and one more sign and I have no idea where they are. And I really don't feel like playing through the game again.

Tyger7
07-20-2010, 11:02 AM
Radio List

Episode 1:

A Famous Deerfest Guest (Radio 1)
Have You Seen This Dog (Radio 2)

Episode 2:

Deerfest Floats Are Very Exciting (Radio 3)
Doc Nelsonís Deerfest Plans (Radio 4)

Episode 3:

Synderís Feeling the Pressure (Radio 5)
Peabody Heard Gunfire (Radio 6)
Lorna Miles, Humanitarian (Radio 7)
Mainís Anger (Radio 8)
A Conversation About Love (Radio 9)

Episode 4:

Aliceís Call for Help (Misable Achievement Recording 1)
Hartman Reflects on Lane (Misable Achievement Recording 2)
Agent Nightingaleís Mighty Authority (Misable Achievement Recording 3)
A Missing Persons Alert (Radio 10)
Mulligan and Thornton Bicker (Radio 11)

The radios should be easy since you have it under extra content. You can compare this list with the one in your game to find out what radio you're missing. With that found, follow this guide (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=230155) (click it). You'll have to probably look for every thermos again, but hopefully it's one you missed early on!

Molly
07-20-2010, 03:42 PM
Thank you for posting that Tyger- I followed your guide to find my one missing radio. Someone had mentioned that sometimes the collectibles can glitch out if you mess up a check point or something. That was definitely what happened with my missing radio station because I remember listening to that specific broadcast all the way through haha. As for the thermos I'm missing- still no luck. I'm just going to work on Gunless Wonder, Idyllic Small Town, and Meet the Deadline, before I just play through the game again to get the last thermos- lame :/

Gregadethhh
07-23-2010, 07:50 PM
The signs seem to be the hardest thing to find I've nearly finished it and only managed to find 5 or so :(