PDA

View Full Version : Is there some sort of new Gamerscore glitch?

Ryuzaki47
07-08-2010, 08:56 PM
Recently a few of my friends jumped from 10,000-30,000 gamerscore to the 500,000s how is that possible?

Andrew x360a
07-08-2010, 08:59 PM
They've hacked their games. Post a link to their xbox.com profiles in the Investigations forum HERE (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1813) and the staff will check them out.

EmporerDragon
07-08-2010, 09:13 PM
Yeah, it's not a glitch, they're just idiots.

Starstrukk X360A
07-08-2010, 09:34 PM
I'd advise against doing what they did, too.

BS411
07-09-2010, 12:43 AM
They hacked their gamerscore.

Corrupt.
07-09-2010, 01:33 AM
Quick, somebody tell Creech!

dakisbac
07-09-2010, 05:04 AM
The most correct answer is that they're using a profile editor tool, which is a program that you load your profile on to and then modify it by changing some hexadecimal values (this process is known as hexing).

If they were actually hacking I'd be very impressed with and embarrassed for them at the same time.

TVthePunisher
07-09-2010, 06:01 AM
The most correct answer is that they're using a profile editor tool, which is a program that you load your profile on to and then modify it by changing some hexadecimal values (this process is known as hexing).

If they were actually hacking I'd be very impressed with and embarrassed for them at the same time.

What he said, I know of a site (and I informed Creech about it) where people sold (and even cracked said-sold products) that would edit profiles, unlock achievements, put bigger gamerscores...you name it. Whole community over there.

Yontnaem
07-09-2010, 07:53 AM
Just don't see the point of hacking your gamerscore. Especially jumping 100,000 making it easy to see that you cheated.

Tufty
07-09-2010, 08:01 AM
He's just very, very good a gaming.

amusedparrot
07-09-2010, 08:02 AM

I'd call it hacking,

Unauthorized attempts to bypass the security mechanisms of an information system or network. (Wiktionary)

Seems odd that I have also seen whole communities of people sharing gamesaves and offering profile modding. Seems like Microsoft don't care too much. Bit like WillowTree (borderlands modding tool) being linked to very heavily from the gearbox forum. If the developers aren't even going to clamp down on it?

Creech does some seriously impressive work though. Guess its time to decide how much of a friend they are?

guillermo316
07-09-2010, 10:02 AM
yeah you should report them beacuse they are messing with the system.

Ryuzaki47
07-09-2010, 01:39 PM
One of them is reset and his console banned from Xbox Live in just a few days after he did it, he offered to show me how when he came over yesterday, I was like 'See how my console still gets online? See how Theres not a 0 next to my name?' lol Thanks Everyone.

DOOKH8R
07-09-2010, 01:43 PM
One of them is reset and his console banned from Xbox Live in just a few days after he did it, he offered to show me how when he came over yesterday, I was like 'See how my console still gets online? See how Theres not a 0 next to my name?' lol Thanks Everyone.

Wise choice. Don't let him near your junk

snipingheadshot
07-09-2010, 02:25 PM
Seems odd that I have also seen whole communities of people sharing gamesaves and offering profile modding. Seems like Microsoft don't care too much. Bit like WillowTree (borderlands modding tool) being linked to very heavily from the gearbox forum. If the developers aren't even going to clamp down on it?

It isn't illegal, because if it was then those kinds of sites wouldn't exist. It is against Microsoft's rules, but if you never play on XBL, then how would they know?

Bebe Buell
07-09-2010, 02:54 PM
Who's Creech?

mosin360
07-09-2010, 03:02 PM

Heyo!

That was too easy.

InkedUp
07-09-2010, 03:09 PM
Who's Creech?
Creech is one of the many staff members of the site. He has a history of being able to get gamesavers banned and/or reset from Xbox Live.

amusedparrot
07-09-2010, 03:17 PM
It isn't illegal, because if it was then those kinds of sites wouldn't exist. It is against Microsoft's rules, but if you never play on XBL, then how would they know?

My point wasn't really regarding the legality of it. But if Major Nelson is going to go on about how you will get reset and not to gamesave. Then it would make sense for MS to be a little proactive about it. If I'm on a forum and some guy is bragging about how he went from 20000g to 110000g then it wouldn't have been that hard for MS to find it.

I know some of it will obviously still go on behind closed doors but it seems a bit stupid that they aren't cleaning it up on their own doorstep. That is what annoys me about borderlands so much. They bring out patches to try and stop people modding guns but they leave links to modding tools up on the forums on their website. Seems like a little bit of a double standard.

KeepEmRolling
07-09-2010, 03:46 PM
Recently a few of my friends jumped from 10,000-30,000 gamerscore to the 500,000s how is that possible?

I find it interesting that u mention that "a few" of your friends did this. Are they also friends with each other, and went into this together? Good for you not going along with it regardless.

In a related note, I've received several msgs on live from people not on my friends list, and I don't believe I've ever played with. They want to give me all these achievements, 10th prestige, all kinds of stuff. I just ignored them, but found it unusual.

Andrew x360a
07-09-2010, 06:02 PM
In a related note, I've received several msgs on live from people not on my friends list, and I don't believe I've ever played with. They want to give me all these achievements, 10th prestige, all kinds of stuff. I just ignored them, but found it unusual.

Trust me, they don't want to just give them to you. They'll want Microsoft Points, PayPal payments, or something of the sort.

KeepEmRolling
07-09-2010, 06:45 PM
Trust me, they don't want to just give them to you. They'll want Microsoft Points, PayPal payments, or something of the sort.

Oh, ok...i figured they were phishing or something and didn't think of the scam angle. I don't know who's more pathetic, the people who offer that or the ones that accept it.

JAW LV
07-09-2010, 08:49 PM
Oh, ok...i figured they were phishing or something and didn't think of the scam angle. I don't know who's more pathetic, the people who offer that or the ones that accept it.

I had 3-4 similar request too recently. I think people just look through forums, such as this, get our gamer tag info then just start phishing away.

Billy69
07-09-2010, 11:44 PM
No glitch, its called Hexing/Gamesaving/SPG (Second Profile Glitch)

Any of these will you get your gamerscore back to 0 So I advise you shouldn't do it

TVthePunisher
07-10-2010, 12:31 PM

Then why would they even bother? To brag amonst their friends offline...and then suddenly one of them is like "Hey dude, sign on Live so you can check this thing out" and you have to admit to them that you hacked your gamerscore...and that if you did sign on, you'd probably get the account axed. Then again, your friend might not care that you did that...but seriously, what is the point in editing your profile to unlock achievements and get a very high gamerscore if you're never going to sign online?

And that's why it may not be illegal, but anyone doing it and staying offline isn't really doing themselves any justice...period. Whoopdie doo? It's like getting a high score in a game before online services existed (and leaderboards), if you want to brag you'll need proof...and if you brag about a high gamerscore, surely they'll ask you get online for further proof (a video doesn't cut it, besides...who really even cares that much?).

Tiddy08
07-10-2010, 02:09 PM
blatent modders. and btw its not hard to manually hex your gamerscore either, there are plenty of vids on youtube.

FRANKSEY
07-10-2010, 02:14 PM
does "creech" work for microsoft

yes i know im a noob dont flame me im relatively new to this site haha.

i dont see the point of hacking gamerscore really, the point of gs/achievments is to help u get full vallue out of ur game.

Andrew x360a
07-10-2010, 06:23 PM
does "creech" work for microsoft

Creech is a supermod here on the site. The actual resetting of gamertags is handled by Microsoft's enforcement team run by Stepto.

R Rated Love
07-10-2010, 07:01 PM

Or your Xbox! ;)

Dreamer84
07-10-2010, 07:39 PM
These kind of people should get banned from xbox

Schism
07-10-2010, 07:48 PM
yeah its kind of cheap. bleh. my friend did it...kinda wish he would get banned for it because he keeps bragging about it..."i got all the cheeves in Ninja Gaiden!" ...no you didnt.

Andrew x360a
07-10-2010, 08:06 PM
yeah its kind of cheap. bleh. my friend did it...kinda wish he would get banned for it because he keeps bragging about it..."i got all the cheeves in Ninja Gaiden!" ...no you didnt.

Post a link to his gamertag in the Investigations forum and the Investigation Team will check him out. If he's cheating, they can report him to Xbox Live Enforcement.

Mightymango
07-10-2010, 08:27 PM
These threads come up from time to time so lets recap and move on.

Gamesaving is the extict practice of using another persons save files through various methods to use that save to get achievements for your account.

Hexediiting was the practice of actually editing with a hex editior you profile to unlock games that are on your profile.

Profile editing is the using of a program that unlocks the achievements in games you want to have achievements in. This includes games you don't even own as there are way to even add games to your profile (A thing I hate). You can add, remove and even load timestamps for the various achievements you want or not.

All of these are against the TOS and using any is grounds for gamerscore reset and banning from Xbox live.

_DaNnY_
07-11-2010, 12:06 AM
These threads come up from time to time so lets recap and move on.

Gamesaving is the extict practice of using another persons save files through various methods to use that save to get achievements for your account.

Hexediiting was the practice of actually editing with a hex editior you profile to unlock games that are on your profile.

Profile editing is the using of a program that unlocks the achievements in games you want to have achievements in. This includes games you don't even own as there are way to even add games to your profile (A thing I hate). You can add, remove and even load timestamps for the various achievements you want or not.

All of these are against the TOS and using any is grounds for gamerscore reset and banning from Xbox live.

If this is true then isn't it possible to make a very legitimate looking profile? It practically means ANYBODY could be cheating. What about those who actually play a game legit so everything is in the right order and then perhaps glitch the really hard achievements (eg: ninja gaiden - master difficulty) and voila, it looks legit? It makes anybody a suspect really... especially those stragglers at the high end of the spectrum - 350,000+ gamerscore

Corrupt.
07-11-2010, 02:10 AM
I didn't think you could timestamp...

pX I Atticus
07-11-2010, 03:54 AM
I didn't think you could timestamp...

u can but u really have to know what ur doing but as most of the people who hack for GS are 12 year old kids they dont which mean the get reset hahaha lol....

katesith
07-11-2010, 04:05 AM
Who's Creech?
One of the sites overlords.

Mightymango
07-12-2010, 01:03 AM
If this is true then isn't it possible to make a very legitimate looking profile? It practically means ANYBODY could be cheating. What about those who actually play a game legit so everything is in the right order and then perhaps glitch the really hard achievements (eg: ninja gaiden - master difficulty) and voila, it looks legit? It makes anybody a suspect really... especially those stragglers at the high end of the spectrum - 350,000+ gamerscore

True but you would have to really know your achievements as in the order, time between, etc etc etc.

Reason why they still get reset because the ones that do profile edit don't know enough not to be. The ones that have those high scores is because they work hard at it as well as have a lot of time for gaming.

Harry Ball Nutz
07-12-2010, 06:44 AM
Creech is one of the many staff members of the site. He has a history of being able to get gamesavers banned and/or reset from Xbox Live.

Maybe I glitched my score by getting 280 in Oblivion in one day??