PDA

View Full Version : 60+ achievements on Steam

DeathConvoy
07-09-2010, 03:58 AM
Sam 2 has over 60 achievements on Steam... when are MS going to break their 'limit' on XBLA titles that they seem so keen to go over on their retail titles. There are becoming more and more XBLA titles that are on par with retail games as far as graphics and playability goes, so whats their excuse?

XBLA games retail for cheaper, so they don't deserve as many achievements? Look at eBay, plenty of cheap titles with 1000.

iiDaRReN316x
09-23-2010, 08:55 AM
What sam2 has 12 achievements?

DeathConvoy
09-23-2010, 12:22 PM
Yep, thats my point. On PC, the game has 60.

12 is such a silly limit for XBLA titles these days. Perfect Dark broke the limit (up to 20). Why must they continue with it.

Serious Sam TSE on PC here (http://steamcommunity.com/stats/41010/achievements).

Todaysforgotten
09-23-2010, 02:47 PM
Because if there were 60 achievements for XBLA titles. It would make them 10x longer of you having to play to get stupid things like, crouch 500 times. Jump in water while looking up and firing the howdy doody song or my favorite kill an absorbent amount of enemies turning yet another achievement list into a grind session. Really fun. Yes, please.

I know you guys love your achievements, but do you really want to spend even more time doing stupid ideas for stupid achievements in a game? I think XBLA games should go to 400 as it would make sense price-wise to Retail titles. Or atleast 300.

GR4V1G0R3
09-23-2010, 04:10 PM
i thought the 12 chievo limit went ages ago, but everybody [developers] seems unaware

i say that because perfect dark had something like 20, of which i still need a few, damn that game....

i was somewhat dismayed that it only had 200G though, i thought the new cap was 250 for release, then going to a 350 maximum with DLC

looks like they may have something planned for DLC, as it has a downloaded content tab on the menu, however i'm clueless as to what that could be

x LeXXuz x
09-23-2010, 05:40 PM
looks like they may have something planned for DLC, as it has a downloaded content tab on the menu, however i'm clueless as to what that could be

Maybe the intro sequence?! http://www.xblsenioren.de/forum/images/smilies/ugly.gif

SCNR!

Not sure, but it could be for future map packs.

XperimntNterror
09-23-2010, 07:39 PM
i thought the 12 chievo limit went ages ago, but everybody [developers] seems unaware

i say that because perfect dark had something like 20, of which i still need a few, damn that game....

i was somewhat dismayed that it only had 200G though, i thought the new cap was 250 for release, then going to a 350 maximum with DLC

I don't know about the cap, but I can say that Magic has a total of 18 achievements and max GS of 300 (assuming you purchase it's two expansions). So it would appear that the max GS to be earned for an XBLA title has gone up (until Magic, I'd never seen an XBLA title go over 250 GS).

Terrin
10-01-2010, 11:29 PM

Perfect Dark was a expection to the rule request by the developer to do so. As with orange box developers can put in special requests for achievements such as 99 or 20 achievos and ms can decide if its ok.

Magic did the same for the expansions asking to go up to 300 so right now thats the roof for arcade games 200 with up to 100 from dlc *i think max of 50 per dlc*