PDA

View Full Version : What is Gamestop's problem!??

TH3 BR3ViG
07-09-2010, 04:33 AM
its been nearly a month since Microsoft has released the new XBOX 360 console, I preodered it so i can upgrade. My GS has only had 1 console total since release, where as Walmart and Kmart have had over 200. why is it that a specific retailer for GAMES never has GAMES in stock?

Starstrukk X360A
07-09-2010, 04:34 AM
Gamestop stores are smaller then big retail outlets like Walmart and Kmart; they have room in storage for more.

crazy W01f 816
07-09-2010, 04:43 AM
Any reason why you pre-ordered it? Just get it from Kmart if they have so many.

TVthePunisher
07-09-2010, 05:58 AM
Any reason why you pre-ordered it? Just get it from Kmart if they have so many.

I agree, if you only put down...5 dollars on it, then ask for your refund (get a value meal somewhere or a foot long from subway then =D) and head on over to Kmart, Walmart...whatever has them and pick up your console there. I've seen them at Target, Walmart and such...but none at our Gamestops.

jamie1000013
07-09-2010, 06:01 AM
It's a warning sign meaning why buy another console when yours is perfectly fine just because it's smaller :-).

Sgt Scyther
07-09-2010, 07:20 AM
He probably pre-ordered it so he could trade in his old 360 for the new one. This is what I planned on doing to but I didn't feel like waiting three months for GameStop to finally get one in so I just bought it at Toys R Us and traded in my 360 for store credit to use on games.

Fishman
07-09-2010, 09:12 AM
As long as you pre-ordered it before closing time the night before the release they should have one for you. That is why people pre-order so they can have enough in for everybody that put the money down, if you pre-order you should be guaranteed one. From what you are saying you pre-ordered it and still don't have one, that is unacceptable. You need to play hardball and tell them you want your system by their next shipment or your pre-order money so you can buy lunch on your way to somewhere that deserves your business. You might want to also call the district manager and let them know of the poor service, I did that once on a game I pre-ordered and didn't get till their next shipment 1 week later and I got a $25 gift card mailed to me by the end of the week. I then happily took my $25 gift card in when I got it and bought Fable 2.

I know you might want to trade your old console in towards it, so you can:

1. Just wait
2. Trade it in, get cash, and go elsewhere
3. Sell it privately

Whatever you do, good luck and let us know what happens.

Thegreatest7884
07-09-2010, 09:42 AM
Seriously, don't even buy it from Gamestop. My guess is, you want to do the upgrade program. Sell your Xbox on Craigslist, people are always looking for them and you'll get much more than what the so-called deal will. I sold my 360, 120gb HDD, wireless adapter, memory card, and a controller for about $350. I bought the 360 S from Amazon and it showed up the Monday after the E3 announcement.

TitansWar
07-09-2010, 09:51 AM
Sell your Xbox on Craigslist

Sure, if you want to be paid in rape.

guillermo316
07-09-2010, 09:55 AM
I think they don;t have games instock beacuse that the first plce most gamers go to buy games ans they sell out fast. also beacuse gamestop has a you pre-order you get the game first then other people. which is fair i guess if you pre-order.

OG T UNIT
07-09-2010, 09:55 AM
What is Gamestop's problem!??

Is it that they sell used games for $4 less then new games? That is my guess.

Ryuzaki47
07-09-2010, 01:41 PM
I actually work at gamestop, and I'll tell you this, its not that they have run out of consoles, they have plenty, its just that the first 5-10 shipments are for reserves only. People put down 50 minimum on their new consoles.

I worked the day we got our first shipment, we sold over 40 of them in less then 45 minutes. Just put a decent amount of money on one and you'll get it.

Eksy
07-09-2010, 06:42 PM
Better learn to stalk the UPS guy better.

The Gamestop closest to me has received multiple shipments of them, but they get snatched up extremely fast.
If you would really like one from there, perhaps you should call in before making the trip.

The Lopper93
07-09-2010, 07:11 PM
Walmart has more room to stock more consoles