PDA

View Full Version : Darksydephil got hacked

streetbackguy
07-09-2010, 10:18 AM
To be honest, I wouldn't call it hacking, more like guessing answers to his security questions based on his information.

YouTube- WARNING: DSP's Windows Live Account Hacked, everything on hold

Its a shame because hes a pretty cool guy and provides some funny gameplay commentary.

gamerguy69
07-09-2010, 12:47 PM
I always thought it a good idea to make up nonsense answers even to your "secret" question. Example: What was your first car? Ans: Batmobile

BS411
07-09-2010, 01:21 PM
Meh, I couldn't care less. Of the videos I have watched he seems to be a very big sore loser and he's always yelling and screaming.

But it still sucks though.

VisionsOfDemise
07-09-2010, 01:23 PM
Guessing someone's secret question isn't hacking.
Phishing someone's details isn't hacking.
Someone watching you type your details into a site over your shoulder isn't hacking.
Getting your details stolen via a keylogger isn't hacking either.

People need to learn the difference between being stupid enough to give out their info and being hacked.

Louis BCFC1875
07-09-2010, 01:42 PM
Wtf is this guy.

EmporerDragon
07-09-2010, 05:11 PM
I always thought it a good idea to make up nonsense answers even to your "secret" question. Example: What was your first car? Ans: Batmobile

The primary problem with that is when you forget the nonsense answer.
I personally like it where you can type up your own question, that way I can leave a question like "What is password #3, variant 4?", which a person would have a hard time guessing even if they knew my personal information.

wexnlex
07-09-2010, 05:24 PM
I have never used an anti-virus on my computer. Also I've never been hacked [phished] whatever in 14 years. I think it just boils down to not going to sketchy sites and using super passwords. s9383g1t. ect. see how it kinds rhymes easy to remember. Still I feel for the guy.

Darth Grif55
07-09-2010, 05:31 PM
That sucks... But ZeroxShinobi is better. :P

VladimirK
07-09-2010, 05:34 PM
I have never used an anti-virus on my computer.

Dude, you do realise how infested your computer will be?
You can pick stuff up even from good sites. Hell, I managed to pick up sdra64.exe on here before, (not just me, I made a thread in feedback and a couple of folk said they did too).

Man, I would refuse to even put a flash drive in your computer.

Wortsenawl
07-09-2010, 05:41 PM
Shame... he seems rather cool about what happened, though you can see he is clearly upset. Poor sod... though asking for donations is perhaps one step too far in terms of sympathy.

Ah well, let's hope karma kicks the person who did it square in the nuts!

Eksy
07-09-2010, 06:34 PM
I must be not youtube savvy enough.
I have no idea who this guy is.

That blows, though.

TVthePunisher
07-09-2010, 06:50 PM
Guessing someone's secret question isn't hacking.
Phishing someone's details isn't hacking.
Someone watching you type your details into a site over your shoulder isn't hacking.
Getting your details stolen via a keylogger isn't hacking either.

People need to learn the difference between being stupid enough to give out their info and being hacked.

While it isn't technically hacking, it's still considered stealing. Being phished, watching someone type your details, and getting keylogged do count as stealing someone's info. As for someone guessing, that's just by luck...and isn't hacking or stealing (though the act of using that account for their own profit is).

True hacking is changing an entire site around to fit said hacker's desires, ruining financial plans through complicated entrypoints into a system and getting out scottfree, disabling a network through use of technological manuevers...yeah, that's hacking. Viruses aren't hacking, they just kill your computer...or grab information and return it to the creator. Spyware isn't either. And I'm out of here ;>_> the landlord's around...and I gotta pay..

Oldedog
07-09-2010, 06:51 PM
Never heard of this guy but it always sucks when people get hacked.

Genesis x360a
07-09-2010, 06:59 PM
I must be not youtube savvy enough.
I have no idea who this guy is.

That blows, though.

He thinks hes a "Pro" SF player but infact hes terrible and a very very sore loser. Still sucks but tbh i dnt give a shit. He's an arsehole.

ApochWeiss
07-09-2010, 07:09 PM
Sucks for him. Not to be a prick but it happens. Hope all goes well for the guy, I know what it's like to have money stolen (someone got my credit card number a few years back) and it's rough.

hodge
07-09-2010, 07:11 PM
I have never used an anti-virus on my computer. Also I've never been hacked [phished] whatever in 14 years. I think it just boils down to not going to sketchy sites and using super passwords. s9383g1t. ect. see how it kinds rhymes easy to remember. Still I feel for the guy.

Did you just give out your password?? =P

Oldedog
07-09-2010, 07:12 PM
LOL. If that's his password...

Eksy
07-09-2010, 07:47 PM
He thinks hes a "Pro" SF player but infact hes terrible and a very very sore loser. Still sucks but tbh i dnt give a shit. He's an arsehole.
Ah, then no wonder... sounds like there was a huge target painted on this guy anyway.

Bill IV
07-09-2010, 08:17 PM
I find it awsome how he made a 14 minute video to tell us he was hacked.

TVthePunisher
07-09-2010, 08:27 PM
I find it awsome how he made a 14 minute video to tell us he was hacked.

I guess people who have the actual working Director's account (before the change back years ago) love to abuse their "over 10 minute" privledges...really, the entire thing could have been only about 5 minutes (less than that still...). I find it difficult to watch anybody talk for more than 10 minutes straight about something, even Zero9teen =/

wexnlex
07-09-2010, 10:32 PM
Did you just give out your password?? =P

Lol no that was just an example I'm not that dumb.

And I use my computer for taxes, bank stuff..lots, I am sure if I had something one of my MMO accounts thru the years would have got jacked.

Edit: Installed some virus thing updated it and full scan after 3 years owning this computer..and nothing.

Me thinks some people should look into Firefox with a no-script add-on.

WhIpLaSh 014
07-09-2010, 10:51 PM
You can pick stuff up even from good sites. Hell, I managed to pick up sdra64.exe on here before, (not just me, I made a thread in feedback and a couple of folk said they did too).

Man, I would refuse to even put a flash drive in your computer. Wait, you can get sdra64.exe on this site??? Good thing I have Norton installed :)

Sizzlebuzz
07-09-2010, 10:59 PM

Man, I would refuse to even put a flash drive in your computer.

Indeed. Forums sites aren't impossible for someone to hack (or whatever) and steal a lot of information from people. I've been on a gaming forum where that happened recently and I know it's happened before to a well known forum site of a game I used to play.

Even "good" sites can give you a virus.

HLR zdmetal
07-09-2010, 11:24 PM
That right there is why I don't have my debit card on my xbox live account. I can live with the trips to wal-mart for points cards.

_DoTTeR_
07-09-2010, 11:48 PM
That right there is why I don't have my debit card on my xbox live account. I can live with the trips to wal-mart for points cards.

I have three cards on mine, and if someone did take my account and charge something I'd get all my money back. I do need to take away my old credit card from it though.

Corrupt.
07-10-2010, 12:08 AM
Its a shame but to be honest does anybody apart from him really care? I mean 14 minutes of your life care?

streetbackguy
07-10-2010, 12:14 AM
I know I will suddenly get unpopular or flamed by this response, but why are you guys calling him assholes? Hes really funny in his video walkthroughs and I don't think you should start calling names if you havent experienced his stuff first hand.

SKIBADABOMSKI
07-10-2010, 12:18 AM
Ah, then no wonder... sounds like there was a huge target painted on this guy anyway.

Exactly. A hackers wet dream. What's with the donations man? that is lame.

I guess people who have the actual working Director's account (before the change back years ago) love to abuse their "over 10 minute" privledges...really, the entire thing could have been only about 5 minutes (less than that still...). I find it difficult to watch anybody talk for more than 10 minutes straight about something, even Zero9teen =/

Oh man do you think thats the only reason why he rambled on for 14 minuets? If thats the case then I feel sick.

_DaNnY_
07-10-2010, 12:27 AM
And in other news I had an itch on my ass today so I had to scratch it.

streetbackguy
07-10-2010, 12:29 AM
And in other news I had an itch on my ass today so I had to scratch it.

Nice contribution to the discussion.

_DaNnY_
07-10-2010, 12:44 AM
Nice contribution to the discussion.

I guess it wasn't. I was an ass. I'm sorry. I guess I just don't give a fuck. I probably shouldn't of posted.

Dz06lt
07-10-2010, 01:50 AM
i dislike this guy

Fizzmatix
07-10-2010, 02:18 AM
I find it amusing that there was a 14 minute ramble rather than just saying hey look my account got stolen. Watch out blah, that could be covered in a minute or two.

Now you can watch the follow up 4 minutes of him going on none stop about it.

YouTube- VICTOLY! Xbox Live/Windows Live/Hotmail account restored

I think the moral of the story is to not attach any cards, use pre-paid card and use a secondary email account. Either way this doesn't justify 18 minutes of video just to say I lost my account, oh wait I got it back.

At least he told his "fans" I guess. At least Microsoft correct this sort of thing swiftly.

wexnlex
07-10-2010, 02:26 AM
Q:What is your favorite movie?

A: Ghostbusters

Boris: Zhaa I am inveeeensible.

Son of Kyuss
07-10-2010, 02:26 AM
He had his fans donate money to replenish the money that the hijacker used from his credit card? Wow... just wow.

Oldedog
07-10-2010, 02:41 AM
I do think that the donations was retarded.

Qavala
07-10-2010, 02:55 AM
I find it amusing that there was a 14 minute ramble rather than just saying hey look my account got stolen. Watch out blah, that could be covered in a minute or two.

Now you can watch the follow up 4 minutes of him going on none stop about it.

YouTube- VICTOLY! Xbox Live/Windows Live/Hotmail account restored (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pr2UPtWZdbg)

I think the moral of the story is to not attach any cards, use pre-paid card and use a secondary email account. Either way this doesn't justify 18 minutes of video just to say I lost my account, oh wait I got it back.

At least he told his "fans" I guess. At least Microsoft correct this sort of thing swiftly.

It was worth watching just for 3:48. Must of replayed that bit about 12 times. Indeed!

Turkey2242
07-10-2010, 05:39 AM
calm down, hes fine
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pr2UPtWZdbg&feature=channel)

VladimirK
07-10-2010, 07:29 AM

Yeah, I didn't know who he was either, I checked his tag and he doesn't exactly look like anything close to a pro imo.

Wait, you can get sdra64.exe on this site??? Good thing I have Norton installed :)

I lol'd :p

Fishman
07-10-2010, 07:54 AM
Wait a second, in his first video it says he needs donations because he wasn't planning on his money getting stolen and he needs to pay bills. Now on the second video he said all the donated money was going to the hobby. Congratulations to the people that donated, you just paid for Phil to get some new games and equipment!!!

Maybe his account didn't get hacked and this was all a donation scam.

J/K..... maybe.....

LOL :eek::woop::uzi:

Didi Mau
07-10-2010, 08:06 AM

To be fair to him he's actually a pretty good ST and HD Remix player, I think I remember reading on Shoryuken.com that he has won some tournaments in the past.

He is painfully average at SF4 though, and has an unwarranted ego to go with it. He bitches about non-existent lag when he messes up and insults pretty much everyone he records even when they win by a considerable margin. He's a complete tool, and I have no idea how people can stand to watch him with the sound on let alone subscribe to the guy or send him donations.

Genesis x360a
07-10-2010, 08:28 AM
I know I will suddenly get unpopular or flamed by this response, but why are you guys calling him assholes? Hes really funny in his video walkthroughs and I don't think you should start calling names if you havent experienced his stuff first hand.

Because he is an Arsehole. Plain and simple. If he ever gets beat he blames the game and starts calling the players scrubs/noobs/low lifes etc. etc. not once in his videos have i ever heard him say "That player pretty was good" or "Really good game man" No its always "Fucking scrub" or "Omg fuck you kid get a lifee" Hes a very very sore loser which makes him an arsehole in my book.

TVthePunisher
07-10-2010, 08:49 AM
Oh man do you think thats the only reason why he rambled on for 14 minuets? If thats the case then I feel sick.

Well most certainly not the entire thing. Aside from the ramble, it's kind of a manipulation trick so people might be willing more to donate (if they listened to the whole thing). You see...once you steal 14 minutes of somebody's life that is feeling generous and you've become completely involved in the subject, you may feel more inclined to help the "poor fellow" rather than some guy with a 2 minute video, explaining his problem and then wanting money for it. Kind of a clever bastard, but will it work...that's the question.

Filter x360a
07-10-2010, 05:02 PM
Because he is an Arsehole. Plain and simple. If he ever gets beat he blames the game and starts calling the players scrubs/noobs/low lifes etc. etc. not once in his videos have i ever heard him say "That player pretty was good" or "Really good game man" No its always "Fucking scrub" or "Omg fuck you kid get a lifee" Hes a very very sore loser which makes him an arsehole in my book.

I completely second this. He is the sorest loser EVER! I really can't stand him.

bapae
07-10-2010, 07:39 PM
That right there is why I don't have my debit card on my xbox live account. I can live with the trips to wal-mart for points cards. It would be funny if someone wasted there time on mine since there all expired cards. But yea i can deal with trips to the store for some points or live.

Tussell
07-10-2010, 08:02 PM
No idea who this kid is, but it sucks for him.

bfmv lfc
07-10-2010, 08:16 PM
Wait a second, in his first video it says he needs donations because he wasn't planning on his money getting stolen and he needs to pay bills. Now on the second video he said all the donated money was going to the hobby. Congratulations to the people that donated, you just paid for Phil to get some new games and equipment!!!

Maybe his account didn't get hacked and this was all a donation scam.

J/K..... maybe.....

LOL :eek::woop::uzi:

lol if he did all that just to get some money then hes more of a dick than I thought he was in the first place.

Mightymango
07-10-2010, 08:21 PM
I guess I don't follow "Pro" videogame players, but both videos make him look like a spoiled tool. People actually donated for his cause....really? :confused:

I guess "Pro" gamerscore achieving is more interesting to me. :p

Dreamer84
07-10-2010, 08:23 PM
Never heard of this guy but that sucks what has happened to him

Harry Ball Nutz
07-10-2010, 09:27 PM
Wow thats crazy

Corrupt.
07-10-2010, 11:29 PM
I hope he reads this. Someone e-mail him a link....

Fullbrook
07-11-2010, 12:56 AM
I guess it wasn't. I was an ass. I'm sorry. I guess I just don't give a fuck. I probably shouldn't of posted.

Dunno, why not? Felt the same way.

Actually, decided to watch the video. Within the first what 10 seconds, all I think of is a money grab. Did he even get "hacked" or just broke atm?

I'll keep watching..

Edit: Got 5 minutes in and couldn't watch anymore.. wow..

Kaiyo
07-11-2010, 03:15 AM
I think he faked it and scammed people to donate money to him so that he could buy new games and contents.

Corrupt.
07-11-2010, 03:18 AM
So it is decided: He is a tool...

Fishman
07-11-2010, 05:14 AM
Actually, decided to watch the video. Within the first what 10 seconds, all I think of is a money grab. Did he even get "hacked" or just broke atm?

I think he faked it and scammed people to donate money to him so that he could buy new games and contents.

Yeah, he even thought getting his account back in less than 24 hours was a little to soon.

I regretfully watched both videos in full, here was my opinion:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showpost.php?p=3288097&postcount=40

xtye
07-11-2010, 07:14 AM
Wait, you can get sdra64.exe on this site??? Good thing I have Norton installed :)

Lol, I find it funny when people think Norton is good.

Flik Nightshade
07-11-2010, 07:16 PM

That's not really all that nonsensical. The best way to create a secret question is to give an answer that has absoutely nothing to do with the question at hand. "What was your first pet?" Answer: Tacos.

Just don't fucking forget what your response was. Ha.

dorkzilla123
07-11-2010, 09:07 PM
I'd rather donate money to the "help stallion83 reach 1 million gamerscore" cause before someone's hacked account.

ApochWeiss
07-12-2010, 03:51 AM
Well, knowing he got his account back so quickly makes my suspicions that this was faked even stronger. I mean, first of all a fourteen minute video about being hacked and practically urging for donations? Anyone who contributed deserved to be ripped off in my opinion haha. I'm a huge fan of Street Fighter, so I'm VERY happy I didn't like SFIV that much so I don't have to deal with him. So, that's at least one asshat less I need to worry about it appears...

Either way, if he honestly got hacked, glad he got his shit back, but I really think it's a scam and I hope someone gets pissed off enough at him to do something...like hack his account :D

KSizzle
07-12-2010, 04:11 AM
I had no idea who this guy was so I decided to watch a couple of his videos. What an annoying prick! He actually wants people to donate to his stolen account to repay ms points? I also noticed he had a vid where he reads messages from his "fans". Seriously, if anyone was gonna donate money to me, I would be a little more grateful and less of a prick.

YouTube- Friend Request Ridicule Episode 4 5/30/09 pt1

I also agree with the scam thing. I have never had an xbox account "hacked" but it does seem strange he recovered it so quickly. Seems like a sad way to get a quick buck from a few "fans".

AltruismIsDead
07-12-2010, 05:24 AM
I had no idea who this guy was so I decided to watch a couple of his videos. What an annoying prick! He actually wants people to donate to his stolen account to repay ms points? I also noticed he had a vid where he reads messages from his "fans". Seriously, if anyone was gonna donate money to me, I would be a little more grateful and less of a prick.

*snip*

I also agree with the scam thing. I have never had an xbox account "hacked" but it does seem strange he recovered it so quickly. Seems like a sad way to get a quick buck from a few "fans".

Wow, when I was browsing these forums and seen this thread and watched some of his videos I was thinking "wow that really sucks that someone jacked his xbox account" after seeing how that guy acts, and how he is towards his "fans" now I don't feel bad at all for that loser.

Can definitely see why he would be targeted for an attack and when he acts like a total douche towards his fans, I seriously would hope that not a single person would give someone like that a penny or let alone "subscribe" or give any attention to his youtube vids. He definitely comes across as an immature prick.

KSizzle
07-12-2010, 05:40 AM
I saw the op and also thought at first "that sucks for him". I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt as well, then I saw those vids to his "fans". Wow...and he wonders why his shit got "hacked".