PDA

View Full Version : Songs you hear that reminds you of something else

TVthePunisher
07-09-2010, 08:21 PM
Let's say you didn't hear a song on the radio or in a music video, maybe online or on somebody's Ipod. What if you heard it in a movie and every time you hear that song, you suddenly remember the movie again? Or perhaps it was a TV show...maybe an event you went to like a party or situation (kind of like a song for a couple that's been together for years).

I have a few like this, such as the Whoa Black Betty song. I first heard this in Kung Pow: Enter the Fist and every time I hear the song, that's what I think of. Or perhaps the more recent generation remembers Mad World and relates it to Gears of War (where I first heard it as well, ironically..the same day I also saw the music video while flipping through channels). Then there's the "American Woman" song, which I first heard in Austin Powers: The Spy who Shagged me.

How about you guys, any songs that remind you of something else either because you heard it there first or maybe you've come to associate a memory with that song?

BS411
07-10-2010, 01:43 AM
Every time I listen to The Ballad Of Billy The Kid by Billy Joel it reminds me of Red Dead Redemption. :Bounce:

vladimir_nightshade
07-11-2010, 01:42 PM
Surfin Bird by the Trashmen reminds me of Full Metal Jacket rather than Family Guy.

Joker0fLife
07-13-2010, 10:05 PM
Whenever I hear the song Tuesday's Gone by Lynyrd Skynyrd, I think of Happy Gilmore :)

The song Rise up and Fight by Crippled Black Phoenix reminds me of Mad Max for no reason at all, but it also reminds me of Pink Floyd's "One of these Days"

Can it remind you of other songs? If so, the song Heartbreak Warfare by John Mayer reminds me of Hey Jude by the Beatles.

guillermo316
07-13-2010, 10:07 PM
one i hear the pokemon theme reversed, well if you know what it is then i don't have to explain its creepy.

Tussell
07-14-2010, 06:18 AM
OPM - Brighter Side

My best friend committing suicide. The whole situation in general. Perfect song.

Noddlez
07-15-2010, 02:59 AM
OPM - Brighter Side

My best friend committing suicide. The whole situation in general. Perfect song.
Damn that's rough..

Many songs remind me of something. Surfin Bird does remind me of Full Metal Jacket, I have no idea what movie they were making roles of during that scene but I loved it. Colony of Birchmen - Mastodon reminds me of just running in the woods for no reason when I was younger. Only two I can really think of.

luffy
07-15-2010, 03:01 AM
Every time I listen to The Ballad Of Billy The Kid by Billy Joel it reminds me of Red Dead Redemption. :Bounce:

yeah me too , it reminds me of how john marston's life was totally unfair and especially the end.

master_shake_350
07-17-2010, 11:05 AM
Hot Chip's Over and Over reminds me of my friends sister, because we came up with a sweet dance for it. Now I find out she likes me and I have a gf. Now I don't listen to it anymore.

oDrPepper
07-17-2010, 12:54 PM
Elton John - Song for Guy reminds me of driving across snowy mountains in America. I'm not an Elton fan, but this song was playing on the radio while we were travelling and it suited the moment.

The 9th curve
07-19-2010, 07:29 PM
Whenever I hear the song "Logiskt" with the swedish rapper Petter I think of CoD 4.

rvlution
07-19-2010, 09:34 PM
The Beginning is the End is the Beginning by the Smashing Pumpkins reminds me of the Watchmen because of one of the trailers.

I picture Sammy J capping people in Pulp Fiction when I hear Misrlou.

Schism
07-21-2010, 07:37 AM
the song "Televators"by THE MARS VOLTA reminds me of playing Silent Hill and i dont know why. "Lateralus" by Tool makes me think of middle school and all the bs that happened when i was in middle school ehhh.

mcgive
07-24-2010, 12:33 PM
Pisschrist by Fear Factory reminds me of Terminator 2.