PDA

View Full Version : Umm Who hasn't seen Battlestar Galactica?

Hotsauce711
07-09-2010, 08:23 PM
Little disappointed 6 pages of shows and no one has dedicated a thread to BSG hands down best show EVER!!!...Ok that might be a little far but really its a great show.

Who the Fraks with me?!?! So Say We All!!!

x MrsMassacre x
07-11-2010, 05:18 AM
nah, you're right. It is seriously THE best show ever. I was sooooo upset when it ended. I wanted Caprica to be like BSG but it's not. It bums me out.

DOOKH8R
07-11-2010, 06:29 AM
I haven't ever seen it. Why?

BedCommando
07-11-2010, 06:40 AM
I haven't either. I hate Sci-Fi. The only exception is Star Wars (And recently Mass Effect)

XxBlueSpade2xX
07-11-2010, 08:10 AM
Seriously, best non-mainstream (at least for the general TV watching public) show that was on. I LOVE BSG. Insanely great writing, great casting and great acting for a show that wasn't given a whole bunch of money. I got the Blu-Ray box set for my BDay and am waiting to watch it until I can watch it all, for like 5 days straight.

So say we all!!

mcgive
07-11-2010, 11:35 AM
Battlestar Galactica is like a poor mans Star Trek.

Tigercub
07-11-2010, 11:42 AM
I've never seen it but then again ive never seen any of the star wars movies either

Big Stoz
07-11-2010, 11:50 AM
I thought BSG was absolutely brilliant, however the ending was completely nuts! Thought it was right to end it when they did as too many shows recently have just plodded on and lost all credibilty such as 4400, Lost, etc etc

Caprica was just complete garbage and just a lame excuse to cash in on BSG success.

jarheadwayne
07-11-2010, 01:40 PM
My mother in-law tried to get her daughter and me to watch for the longest time. We finally gave in and watched like 2 minutes just to say we saw it. Told her we didn't like it. lol Neither of us are big sci-fi fans.

vladimir_nightshade
07-11-2010, 01:49 PM
I wathced the first episode and thought it kinda blew. For a sci fi show there wasn't really that much sci fi in it. Kinda like an episode of 24 when the story is based around Kim instead of Jack. You hope something good happens but all there is is a load of peole talking bullsh*t.

nonotata
07-17-2010, 06:39 PM
I've never sen it either, but if the Office has taught me anything, its that "Bears beats Battlestar Galactica" and that the black bear is the best bear ^_^

vI-Youneek-Iv
07-17-2010, 06:41 PM
I don't think it's the best ever but I've never seen it and probably will never see it.

irJessica
07-17-2010, 06:49 PM
I haven't seen or heard of it.

Corrupt.
07-17-2010, 11:54 PM
I've never seen it but then again ive never seen any of the star wars movies either

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

ZanKioH
07-17-2010, 11:57 PM
What's battlestar gallactica?

katesith
07-17-2010, 11:58 PM
I have never seen it! I kinda feel proud about it too. :p

institutions
07-18-2010, 12:04 AM
I watch a lot of SciFi, or as they call themselves now SyFy, so i've seen tons of commercials for it. I've never watched it though, because I don't enjoy shows or movies that take place in space. Never seen Star Wars, Star Trek, anything like that.
Bores the hell out of me.

Actually, I lied. I've seen that one Leprechaun movie that takes place in space and it was badass.

rvlution
07-18-2010, 01:51 AM
I watch a lot of SciFi, or as they call themselves now SyFy, so i've seen tons of commercials for it. I've never watched it though, because I don't enjoy shows or movies that take place in space. Never seen Star Wars, Star Trek, anything like that.
Bores the hell out of me.

Actually, I lied. I've seen that one Leprechaun movie that takes place in space and it was badass.

You watch a lot of Syfy but have not seen Star Wars. That seems strange lol. I can understand Star Trek though.

Never seen BSG but I've always kinda wanted to. Not too keen on watching that many seasons though.

Obi-Brown
07-18-2010, 10:24 PM
i've nearly finished season 2, really liking it. but what the frak is the deal with the octagonal paper, i understand it may be a nod to the original, but it's just doesn't make sense, why would i society do that, square works fine and there's less waste

SALT1R3
07-19-2010, 12:11 AM
It was the best Sci-Fi show of the last decade but the best ever remains (for me) Babylon 5; that had it all.

Starstrukk X360A
07-19-2010, 01:22 AM
I heard of it, but it just doesn't seem interesting to me. At all.

Darth Trom
07-20-2010, 03:05 AM
First season and last season were good... but I never could take Baltar seriously as a character in the middle seasons.

I think it is funny how it seems all the main actors of BSG seemed to play minor parts in CSI or 24.

SALT1R3
07-20-2010, 04:21 AM
First season and last season were good... but I never could take Baltar seriously as a character in the middle seasons.

I think it is funny how it seems all the main actors of BSG seemed to play minor parts in CSI or 24.

There is a lot of jobbing actors around like that, Lance Reddick is another who seems to be in everything and that older guy with the bald head in Lost has been in umpteen series down the years.

Thegreatest7884
07-20-2010, 11:49 AM
I've never watched and don't really want to. Other than Star Wars, the old Star Trek show, and various movies like 2001, I don't like sci-fi.

Milimanci
07-28-2010, 04:23 AM
Never seen this show before...

BAMF Sangwich
07-30-2010, 03:01 AM
I haven't seen it, only sci-fi show I need is Farscape

Scenester
08-01-2010, 08:45 PM
I can't believe some of these people.
"I haven't seen it and I'm glad" type attitudes. If you've never seen it how will you know you don't like it? I know tons of people who weren't into scifi but loved BSG. Why? Because it wasn't a bunch of technobabble bullshit for the nerds, it had human emotions, situations that mirrored real life that are pretty racy for tv, etc. It's one of the best shows I've ever seen second to Firefly.

mini-stig
08-01-2010, 08:48 PM
I never seen it

mickjsg
08-31-2010, 11:53 AM
"I haven't seen it and I'm glad" type attitudes. If you've never seen it how will you know you don't like it? I know tons of people who weren't into scifi but loved BSG. Why? Because it wasn't a bunch of technobabble bullshit for the nerds, it had human emotions, situations that mirrored real life that are pretty racy for tv, etc. It's one of the best shows I've ever seen second to Firefly.

I don't like that attitude either. What's the big deal with giving something a try before you diss it? :confused:

13ip0lar
08-31-2010, 08:23 PM
Little disappointed 6 pages of shows and no one has dedicated a thread to BSG hands down best show EVER!!!...Ok that might be a little far but really its a great show.

Who the Fraks with me?!?! So Say We All!!!

I just kinda hung my head in shame for a second when I seen this. I assume you meant to say "Who the frak agrees with me?!?!", because "Who the Fraks with me?!?!" quite frankly doesn't make any sense >.>

Sorry I just found it funny being you made a thread on how awesome a show BSG was and you're obviously a huge fan, messed that up. =P

I agree though, one of the best sci-fi's :D

JAW LV
08-31-2010, 08:34 PM
I wasn't a fan of the show but I did watch it here and there. I must say it out performed their budget restrictions. I'd watch it over Star Trek: Next Generations, any day of the week.

Qonok
08-31-2010, 09:41 PM
I saw it and didn't miss an episode. I was disappointed that it only lasted one season though. Dirk Benedict was great as Lt. Starbuck.

Chevron411
09-01-2010, 12:20 AM
I saw it and didn't miss an episode. I was disappointed that it only lasted one season though. Dirk Benedict was great as Lt. Starbuck.
Yea, the original with Lorne Green, when Starbuck was a dude, oh so long ago.

The reboot was a hash job though. I watched it sporadically after the first season, there wasn't a high interest factor, just special effects and random drama that didn't help character personalities.

WartyHogger
09-01-2010, 04:06 AM
Lets get it going. Star Trek > Star Wars.;)

SALT1R3
09-01-2010, 05:14 PM
Lets get it going. Star Trek > Star Wars.;)

How bout B5 > Star Trek > Star Wars then :woop:

CodSteaks
09-01-2010, 07:23 PM
I'd like to see it. Wish they would put it on Netflix instant watch.

mortug
09-01-2010, 08:10 PM
i've seen the entire original series. good ending
the new series is just too long

bros 1337
09-02-2010, 01:25 AM
The scrolls tell us a 13th tribe left Kobol in the early days. They travelled far and made their home upon a planet called Earth, which circled a distant and unknown star.

Lebowski324
09-02-2010, 09:48 PM
I sad its over but it was great when it was on. Can't really get into caprica though

kall5ter
09-02-2010, 09:57 PM
i've never actually seen it, heard of it loads though :$

SSJ3
09-02-2010, 10:18 PM
I haven't lol

13ip0lar
09-03-2010, 02:37 AM
How bout B5 > Star Trek > Star Wars then :woop:

ROFL. Everyone knows B5 sucks...and everyone knows cause the start sucks ass plain and simple. I tried to get into it and they just talk a lot while introducing different races to you. It's the worst show I ever seen.

When you explain that to B5 fans they say "well maybe but after it gets rolling its really good!" How does that make sense?! So you're telling me that the show sucks but has good parts? So as long as I put up with crap, it will reward me at random intermittent parts during the series? Thanks, but no thanks...

Star Trek is definitively one of the better shows along with its variants. I loved Voyager yet a lot of hardcore trekkies will say that's the worst of the series... I mean Janeway? Seven of Nine...come on best series ever! Plus a Holographic doctor. Then the ending?!!? Come on it has all the great sci-fi elements. How well implemented in some parts is open for debate, but being an awesome story and just overall journey through unexplored space. E-mazing imo...

B5 though epic? gtfo of here lol...just my opinion though =P

rvlution
09-07-2010, 11:33 PM

Is it similar to Firefly? Cause Firefly is awesome.

13ip0lar
09-08-2010, 06:27 PM
Is it similar to Firefly? Cause Firefly is awesome.

It's your typical humans vs robots, throw in a rogue faction of killer robots + religion and you got your show. Same cliche' setup, but works well especially with the special effects. It's glorious...rarely do I mention special effects as I think you have to be a complete retard to judge a show on how "pretty" it is, but when you see the CGI space battles, you will be like "MOAR!111". Seriously an awesome show, short but sweet, ending leaves something to be desired, but what ending is ever truly good leaving you satisfied with the conclusion?

Anthirian
09-13-2010, 01:50 PM
Me o/
Doesn't appeal to me much.

rvlution
09-13-2010, 11:21 PM
How many seasons is Battlestar Galactica? I thought it was long but I thought I read that somebody said it was really short.

13ip0lar
09-14-2010, 12:15 PM
How many seasons is Battlestar Galactica? I thought it was long but I thought I read that somebody said it was really short.

4 seasons...Honestly it was just right, because the plot of the whole series would have got worn out past that. Did it justice imo ^^