PDA

View Full Version : Just seeing how you guys feel about the stages.

Captain_CrunkMN
07-10-2010, 12:05 AM
I love SSF4 don't get me wrong but when I first got the game I was all excited to see so many stages and then I realized like half the stages are just duplicates, like one version would be night and the other would be during the day. I know if Mortal Kombat or any other fighting series did that they would get nailed to the cross real quick. So I was wondering why I haven't heard anyone else mention anything about this.

MLG=Most Likely Gay
07-10-2010, 01:02 AM
I guess the stage doesn't represent as much in street fighter games.

Deadly Moves
07-10-2010, 11:11 AM
Im really annoyed that each character doesnt get there own stage :(
But i do have to say that all the new stages that where added for SSFIV look awesome, especially Total Eclips and Metro City. Lets hope they add more with DLC

Frostylongcat
07-15-2010, 05:46 PM
Im really annoyed that each character doesnt get there own stage :(
But i do have to say that all the new stages that where added for SSFIV look awesome, especially Total Eclips and Metro City. Lets hope they add more with DLC
They won't add stages "OR" characters with DLC, this is Capcom we're talking about people, the best you can expect is more alternate costumes and some stupid avatar items. I agree that each character should have their own stage, they could have spent the time they took putting in the retarded bonus stages that nobody cares about and made a solid stage for each character.

Fei Long needs a stage, his underground fighting ring preferably.
Bison needs a stage, sort of like Seth's first one but not stupid and lame.
El Fuerte needs a stage (no the drive-in does NOT count)
Dudley needs a stage at his mansion.

Those are the only characters I really care about, but I still think every character needs a decent one.

Deadly Moves
07-15-2010, 11:06 PM
They won't add stages "OR" characters with DLC, this is Capcom we're talking about people, the best you can expect is more alternate costumes and some stupid avatar items. I agree that each character should have their own stage, they could have spent the time they took putting in the retarded bonus stages that nobody cares about and made a solid stage for each character.

Fei Long needs a stage, his underground fighting ring preferably.
Bison needs a stage, sort of like Seth's first one but not stupid and lame.
El Fuerte needs a stage (no the drive-in does NOT count)
Dudley needs a stage at his mansion.

Those are the only characters I really care about, but I still think every character needs a decent one. WRONG!
Capcom have hinted many times at the possiblilty of adding new characters and stages as dlc. They even said that the arcade machines release will probably have new characters added.

Frostylongcat
07-16-2010, 01:08 AM
WRONG!
Capcom have hinted many times at the possiblilty of adding new characters and stages as dlc. They even said that the arcade machines release will probably have new characters added.

If you say so buddy. The gaming community has been "hinted" at countless things in the past that have been completely false. Duke Nukem Forever, a new Thief game, more elder scrolls, a "return to normality" for the sonic series, a new and "innovative" motion control system for the 360, and so on and so forth.

Think about adding new stages from a business and technical standpoint. On the business standpoint, (especially given Crapcom's (yes, the spelling error IS intentional) past with charging for DLC) the new stages would most certainly have a charge on them. This would mean, some people aren't going to get them, and some people are. Which in turn means that you would have games in which one person has the stages, and one person doesn't. So in this respect, the person who owns the stages wouldn't be able to even play them unless the other person also purchased them.

I think you fail to understand the difference between an arcade machine and Xbox Live. Arcade machines can easily be replaced by simply taking all the old machines out of a arcade and putting in the new machines with added characters, stages, etc. DLC for XBL is much, much different. They COULD theoretically release a pack of one or two stages / characters for FREE for XBL, so that everybody who plays online will have access, but be realistic. Do you honestly expect a company like Capcom to give us free DLC? Look at Resident Evil 5. They squeezed every god damn cent out of consumers on the garbage of "Mercenaries Reunion". Think about it.

Deadly Moves
07-16-2010, 01:26 AM
No i dont expact any dlc to be FREE.

Frostylongcat
07-16-2010, 04:13 AM
No i dont expact any dlc to be FREE.
Well if that's all you have to say I believe this argument is over.

F-Burns
07-20-2010, 07:02 AM
Nice to see they gave Andore Jnr. a job as a construction worker.

Dennoman
07-20-2010, 09:54 AM
Nice to see they gave Andore Jnr. a job as a construction worker.
Andore Jr.? You mean Hugo :p