PDA

View Full Version : Mystery Science Theater 3000

Shootercoys
07-10-2010, 03:29 AM
The Best thing to come out of Minnesota!

Favorite Episode? Robot? Host?

The best episode is definetly "Manos: Hands of Fate"

BarbaricGoose
07-10-2010, 03:57 AM
Manos is good, but Deathstalker, The Final Sacrifice and Blood Waters of Dr. Z are better. Red Zone Cuba is pretty damn good, too.

Been loving the hell out of that show since the moment it aired.

MelangeAddict
07-10-2010, 06:01 AM
Killer Shrew!
Killer Shrew!

Punt Speedchunk!
Bridge McSlapfist
Rip Steakfist!

Chief?
McCloud!

I remember watching this show quite a bit, have a few of the early episodes on torrent and been buying the dvd collections when I can.

Tussell
07-10-2010, 06:20 AM
I like MST3K, however, I think RiffTrax is stupid. They should have just stuck with the epic-ness of MST3K.

TVthePunisher
07-10-2010, 09:03 AM
I do enjoy the show, to a degree. The parts I enjoy are the actual movie segments, while the "skits" they do inbetween and at the start and end...kind of just come out as "bleh" to me. It was thanks to my Mom when she was still alive that I got into this series, I absolutely love their commentary...I think it would have faired better without their skits though ;>_> maybe we'd still have it? Oh only I could wish for such a thing! I still need to finish Super Agent Dragon on Netflix

Shootercoys
07-10-2010, 04:09 PM
I watched the show since i was younger, and I always liked the later seasons as opposed to the earlier ones. The earlier ones seemed kinda of underwritten as opposed to the later ones.

"Whats one thing you never want to hear when dealing with Nuclear Energy? Crow - 'Oops?' "

sweatdog
07-10-2010, 04:11 PM
Love the show! My favorites are Pod People and Angels' Revenge! Also, in general, the shorts preceding several of the movies are probably the funniest bits in the show.

Death Metal Jim
07-10-2010, 04:23 PM
One of the greatest shows ever created. I cannot stress enough how influential this show was to me. I used to stay up late to watch the new episodes on comedy central. And when they moved over to Sci-fi I firmly believe they had their best riffing years. Episodes like Prince of Space, Final Sacrifice, The Brain That Wouldn't Die, and of course Manos:The Hands Of Fate were just some of my favorites throughout the years. Anyone who wants to know why the show isn't still on tv can place the blame firmly on Sci-fi for cancelling it. This was before they start their whole "sci-fi original movie" junk all day long. The channel is so bad now, especially with the whole 'syfy' imbecilic name. Not to mention they stopped showing the Twilight Zone marathons :mad:.

But ya, great show. Especially Puma Man ;)
YouTube- MST3K Best of The Pumaman

Death Metal Jim
07-10-2010, 04:29 PM
I like MST3K, however, I think RiffTrax is stupid. They should have just stuck with the epic-ness of MST3K.

They can't. None of the former crew can get along with executive producer Jim Mallon. It's why Joel initially left the show. Rifftrax is good but it's still not Mst3k. Cinematic Titanic isn't too bad either, you should check them out of you haven't already. It consists of Joel, Tv's Frank, original Crow, original Servo, and Pearl. Of course they can't use these names anymore, but I really don't wanna have to go copy and paste each of their real names ;).

LordDVS
07-10-2010, 04:48 PM
I was a fan of Joel and Crow T Robot since the start. TBH, the show seemed to not be as funny when he stepped aside. Don't get me wrong, I liked Mike alot too, but that show was Joel's baby.

Fugitive Alien 1&2
Godzilla vs Megalon
Wild Rebels (if only for this awesome skit)

YouTube- MST3K - Wild Rebels Cereal

brokensaint82
07-10-2010, 06:45 PM
EASILY ones of the best shows ever and i always liked the Gamara episodes GAMARAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But hers a question for you, Joel or Mike?

BarbaricGoose
07-10-2010, 06:52 PM
But ya, great show. Especially Puma Man ;)

Hell, I forgot about Pumaman. Damn.

You guys should also check out The Film Crew. It's Nelson, Corbett and Murphy. They've only done four episodes so far, but they're funny. Giant of Marathon is my favorite so far.

http://www.shoutfactory.com/browse/126/the_film_crew.aspx

Tussell
07-10-2010, 06:55 PM
They can't. None of the former crew can get along with executive producer Jim Mallon.
I know, I just mean, with their good name. Not go and make other stupid shit.

Ryan2099
07-11-2010, 02:05 AM
Is this even still on TV? What channel?

Shootercoys
07-11-2010, 04:45 AM
No it's not on TV anymore, although i believe they're currently on the 16th set right now, with four movies per set.

Shootercoys
07-12-2010, 01:52 AM
BOB JOHNSON! o wait

YouTube- MST3K - Space Mutiny - The many names of David Ryder

DOOKH8R
07-12-2010, 02:01 AM
I loved it when MST3K was on Cheap Seats making fun of the Sklars making fun of crappy old sporting events.

LordDVS
07-12-2010, 02:08 AM
That was awesome! I started to loose interest in the show after Joel left, so there's quite a few I missed during the Mike era. I love the running gags throughout each movie.

Shootercoys
07-12-2010, 02:29 AM
One of my favorite parts of the show is when they are watching something so Ridicoulous that it makes them laugh.

YouTube- MST3K - The Final Sacrifice - Pipper! Quick View