PDA

View Full Version : Release Date

jgahagan
07-10-2010, 06:03 PM
I've noticed a new part that comes up in the 'Downloadable Content' section of the main menu that gives a brief summary of both pieces of DLC.

The Signal

"In this first downloadable content pack we find Wake facing a threat unlike anything he's ever encountered before -- and yet one he's intimately familiar with. In order to make sense of it all, he must follow the Signal."

It's also listed as having 18 days left till release and priced at 800 Microsoft points.

Sorry if this is old news but I was excited to finally get a release day so I thought I'd let you guys know if you didn't already.

There's also info about 'The Writer' but has no release date (although it's marked as costing 800 msp), but I thought I'd leave that out of this section.

CoregBlue1
07-10-2010, 06:20 PM
The release date was set 3 or 4 weeks ago.

jgahagan
07-10-2010, 06:38 PM
Yeah, my bad. I actually remember reading that as well, I just didn't remember the new-ish info in the games menus so I auto-piloted "brand new info! must post!" into my brain.

Actually was that menu even new? It's probably been there since release day or something hasn't it? Serious fail on my part.

CoregBlue1
07-11-2010, 12:43 AM
i didnīt mean it bad or something, just said it. ^^

yeah but at the beginning there was only "release date unkown" or something.

jgahagan
07-11-2010, 04:49 PM

That's cool, I didn't think anything of it. I just felt a little embarrassed for being so late.

AlanWakeUp
07-11-2010, 05:53 PM
Just so you know the second Downloadable Content is priced at 560MS Points even though it says 800MSP. Remedy said MS priced it at 800 but will 100% retail for 560 so happy days!!

jgahagan
07-11-2010, 11:44 PM
Just so you know the second Downloadable Content is priced at 560MS Points even though it says 800MSP. Remedy said MS priced it at 800 but will 100% retail for 560 so happy days!!

Nice! I do hope that stays the price although I can imagine MS will try and pull a fast one on the day.

XBL Unreal
07-12-2010, 10:19 PM

yeah but at the beginning there was only "release date unkown" or something.
Actually if you wanted to do the math. The menu had a counter from day one on how many days left till release. You could have just checked the calender and calculated the actual day it was out. :p

syckrhythm
07-24-2010, 09:09 PM
So it's now saying 3 days left, does that mean it comes out in 3 days?

Flik Nightshade
07-25-2010, 05:46 PM
So it's now saying 3 days left, does that mean it comes out in 3 days?

New games usually drop on Tuesdays so yeah, the date should be accurate. Everyone is saying the 27th which would be.. this Tuesday.

I have to say, this is the first bit of DLC for a game that I've been anxious enough to buy as soon as it comes out in a while. Although, I'd really like a release schedule for "The Writer" now too.

wildwest08
07-25-2010, 08:20 PM
i hope it comes out this tuesday can't wait to play it. where is the token to download it for free, i bought the game new

MarleyMon81
07-26-2010, 12:48 AM
The free DLC card should have been packaged in the new game either in front of or behind the instruction manual. It is a hard card stock so it's very hard to miss as the case should only include the instruction booklet, the game, and the free DLC card.

jgahagan
07-26-2010, 02:42 PM
I'm a tad-bit anxious now as I've heard no word on the codes that Remedy are supposed to send out via email (for schmucks like me who DL'ed the in-box code on release day)! Considering it's tomorrow I really hope they don't forget because I sure as hell can't afford to pay for it.

Darth Stigious
07-26-2010, 03:01 PM
Wooohoooo!!!!

Finished the main game yesterday (sunday), just in time for the DLC. Hopefully the new episode is as entertaining as the main game.

BRING ON THE NOISE (SIGNAL)!!!

Nlkuysdf
07-26-2010, 03:05 PM
I'm a tad-bit anxious now as I've heard no word on the codes that Remedy are supposed to send out via email (for schmucks like me who DL'ed the in-box code on release day)! Considering it's tomorrow I really hope they don't forget because I sure as hell can't afford to pay for it.

Don't take this as gospel, but I believe I read somewhere that they won't send you the code through email until tomorrow sometime, and don't expect it to be first thing either. So don't worry about an email until about midday tomorrow.

jgahagan
07-26-2010, 05:07 PM
Don't take this as gospel, but I believe I read somewhere that they won't send you the code through email until tomorrow sometime, and don't expect it to be first thing either. So don't worry about an email until about midday tomorrow.

That makes sense, just kinda sucks that I'll be twiddling my thumbs whilst waiting for the email. I guess I'll just leave looking till the evening and I suppose it will make it more enjoyable having to wait and all. Thanks for the info though.

DR Yuill-Kirkwood
07-27-2010, 02:55 PM
Been Waiting all day but its finaly here :)

kirin blues
07-28-2010, 10:25 PM
Still haven't got the code that Microsoft suppose to send me. :/ aaarrgh

jgahagan
07-29-2010, 05:05 PM
Finally received my email today and I'm playing it now!