PDA

View Full Version : First Day of Reach

Mr Plow
07-10-2010, 07:10 PM
Who here is going to beat legendary by themselves the first day Reach comes out and get a total of 13 achievements!!!!!!!!!

BmB Kotorou
07-10-2010, 07:24 PM
I'm definitely gonna do it. Gonna be a bitch though I bet. I'm good with all the campains, but with how Bungie is talking about the new AI, their probably gonna be hell to get through.

Nozza XBA
07-10-2010, 07:27 PM
I beat H3 and ODST solo on Legendary so I'm well up for this..

Halo 3 was quite hard solo, many times I just had to run past everything and ODSt was piss, so god knows what this will be like!

ZanKioH
07-10-2010, 07:31 PM
This will be the first game where I'm going to work my ass of to be in the Top 10 for quickest 1000. Can't wait for this!

GrindPantera95
07-10-2010, 08:38 PM
I'll try, but I'm pretty sure I'll get a hidden-negative achievement for dying repeatedly in an extremely short amount of time. :p

SuperSkyline89
07-11-2010, 12:42 AM
Definitely not gonna try that.

I always play Easy first. Then Normal, then Heroic, and Legendary last. It's more fun that way. And anyways, being top anything on the internet isn't much too brag about.

SM Rollinger
07-11-2010, 12:46 AM
i dont know about that, but i took the 14 through the 16th off of work, so im sure somethings bound to happen over 3 days. ill play thru on heroic first before legendary.

to be honest, i more excited about INVASION

AKfourtyseven
07-11-2010, 02:55 AM
isn't there an icon AFTER normal heroic and legendary then another one, like a difficulty hard than legendary on the pictures?

King Agam
07-11-2010, 03:21 AM
i dont know about that, but i took the 14 through the 16th off of work, so im sure somethings bound to happen over 3 days. ill play thru on heroic first before legendary.

did the same...plus 3 more days, trying to knock down as many achievos as possible

Kaiyo
07-11-2010, 04:54 AM
Definitely trying Legendary, the first time I get Reach and play it.

GrindPantera95
07-11-2010, 05:28 AM
isn't there an icon AFTER normal heroic and legendary then another one, like a difficulty hard than legendary on the pictures?

That's to finish all of the missions on legendary solo. Or maybe that's the other one.

Edit: Maybe it's Legendary with all gold skulls?

SuperSkyline89
07-11-2010, 06:14 PM
That's to finish all of the missions on legendary solo. Or maybe that's the other one.

I'm hoping Legendary with all gold skulls.

Tinysmitty
07-11-2010, 06:20 PM
Why not Co-Op????

Son of Kyuss
07-11-2010, 08:14 PM

I'm positive that it's "A Monument to All Your Sins" not beating Legendary with all Gold Skulls on. So it seems like people will be able to get the beat Legendary achievement from Co-Op but out of luck when it comes to that one.

Iv AJay vI
07-11-2010, 08:20 PM
Not me. I'd rather enjoy the campaign first. I'll probably play through on Normal, or Heroic, in 4 Player Co-Op. Makes it more fun that way. I'll go for the Solo Legendary achievement[s] probably last, unless the Campaign is that fun to want to play through it multiple times, which I doubt. Highly.

iLLMATICxKiNG
07-13-2010, 03:13 AM
I'm gonna play online!!!!!!!!!!!

SiLeNt Sc0pE 16
07-13-2010, 07:11 PM
I pre-ordered the legendary edition and will be waiting outside at midnight for my copy. I will finish the game solo legendary the night I get it. I don't care how long it takes me

Spanish Assault
07-13-2010, 09:44 PM
I'll be taking my sweet time with this one and expect to do multiple playthroughs on the campaign...my delema is do I start with MP and try and get those achievements, or do I enjoy the campaign first? If I play first it will most likely be with friends on legendary. It's to awesome to play on my own.

Blah 2k
07-13-2010, 09:58 PM
Not me. I hope you folks enjoy the game, seeing as every other person on the site is planning to get it lol

Flex Gabz Flex
07-13-2010, 11:45 PM
This is the first achievement I'm going for (might aswel get a hard one out of the way) but no way I'm rushing this game! I'm gonna enjoy this and take my time remember it's Bungies last halo

Darth Grif55
07-14-2010, 12:50 AM
I'm playing on Normal first, to enjoy the campaign. Though, after that I'm rushing to become the first to get all the achievements on my friends list.

As long as the game doesn't have unlimited spawning enemies, then I'll do fine. Though, I heard the space mission took a Bungie employee 5 hours to complete. :(

NewSparta
07-14-2010, 05:03 AM
Will be playing co-op campaign with 3 friends probably on normal, if daring it'll be on heroic :D.

Maggot_Alchemist
07-14-2010, 06:08 AM
I will be taking it slow. First play through will be on normal then heroic and finally on legendary. Yeah thats how i role. o.o

MR. RAiDER 702
07-14-2010, 06:20 AM
Heroic will be the perfect difficulty for me. It's not too easy and simple like normal, and has challenging parts, but isn't nearly as frustrating as legendary.

;)

Mr Plow
07-16-2010, 04:06 AM
I know that I said I will be trying to beat Legendary on the first day, but I will also be honouring Bungies last masterpiece.

Spanish Assault
07-16-2010, 01:58 PM
I will be taking it slow. First play through will be on normal then heroic and finally on legendary. Yeah thats how i role. o.o
This is how I roll too...the campaigns by these games are meant to be cherished cause they are so AMAZING. I recommend reading some of the Halo books (fall of Reach, Onyx, Cole Protacol) casue they fill in alot of the gaps before the first game.

H0p3sfalL
07-16-2010, 02:53 PM
this will be prob be one of the last achievements i get for the game.

cpkbob
07-16-2010, 03:00 PM
I will have all the achievements before anyone else....

Spanish Assault
07-16-2010, 04:19 PM
I will have all the achievements before anyone else....
Good for you...

How can you know that for sure?

cpkbob
07-17-2010, 02:33 AM
Just a friendly competitive jaunt...

Frozenghost001
07-17-2010, 03:01 AM
This will be the first game where I'm going to work my ass of to be in the Top 10 for quickest 1000. Can't wait for this!
lol good luck unless you get the game early or achievement hack you're gonna be in the top 100,000. recently many more people have acquired a transfer cable, and even have a USB that they use on their xbox. with this, they can easily modify gamerscore, and judging by the amount of modded gamertags in MW2, you're not gonna be the top 10 :/

cpkbob
07-17-2010, 02:36 PM
its not hard to tell if you beat someone or not. Sure their may be a ton of people before him, but they wont have a timestamp on their achievements, or they will all have the same one.

This is like saying you dont win a race if you run the track, but everyone else buts corners. Cheating = disqualification. Im sure this guy means legit 100%.......

bauhaus691
07-17-2010, 03:05 PM
will be there at midnight to get it then playing it in about 30 mins later. will probably do normal and heroic on my own then legendary on solo and co-op. but definatly legendary solo on my halo account.

NewSparta
07-18-2010, 03:30 AM
Goodluck to getting first on XBOX360a leaderboards! Nobody hacks gs here :D

Pearson
07-20-2010, 09:43 AM
I will give it a go, though I'm sure that it will be hard to do. I beat ODST on Legendary solo, but I am trying to complete Halo 3 on Legendary solo which isn't an easy thing to do. Right now I am stuck on Tsavo Highway trying to beat all the brutes and the Chieftain where they use the tank, but can't get past it. I'm sure that Reach will have a part like that somewhere in the game.

SuperSkyline89
07-20-2010, 12:17 PM
I will give it a go, though I'm sure that it will be hard to do. I beat ODST on Legendary solo, but I am trying to complete Halo 3 on Legendary solo which isn't an easy thing to do. Right now I am stuck on Tsavo Highway trying to beat all the brutes and the Chieftain where they use the tank, but can't get past it. I'm sure that Reach will have a part like that somewhere in the game.

If you think that's bad just wait till you get to "Cortana". It's the only level I couldn't do solo.

I found ODST far harder though. I managed to do Heroic solo but just can't do Legendary on my own.

As for Reach, solo legendary will be the last offline achievement I get.

ZanKioH
07-20-2010, 12:58 PM
Yeah cortana is a nightmare.

I struggled a fair bit as well, when I done the Meta Game achievement with some skulls on.

Those friggin flood :@

Sensitivity
07-20-2010, 02:41 PM
im just gonna play co-op with friends on heroic, then maybe ill move onto legendary....

Atroxx70
07-20-2010, 07:12 PM
If you think that's bad just wait till you get to "Cortana". It's the only level I couldn't do solo.

I found ODST far harder though. I managed to do Heroic solo but just can't do Legendary on my own.

As for Reach, solo legendary will be the last offline achievement I get.

I'm ashamed to admit this now, but when I first got Halo3 I couldn't beat Cortana on Normal! I wasn't able to make it past that point until some friends came to the house and helped me in co-op. Even then we couldn't do it on Legendary 3-player co-op. I finally got the Legendary achievement "solo" by signing in a second controller to act as a checkpoint so I could kill a few Flood, respawn, kill a few more, respawn, etc. That's still my least favorite level of the whole game.

Just so you know, I bought Halo3 in June of 2009, and up until then I had literally never touched an FPS in my entire life. It's kind of a big jump to go from RPG's and platformers to FPS. Now I love FPS so much that I look at my gaming history up until last year as a waste. I missed out on a lot of great games.

SuperSkyline89
07-21-2010, 12:56 PM
Yeah cortana is a nightmare.

I struggled a fair bit as well, when I done the Meta Game achievement with some skulls on.

Those friggin flood :@

This may sound weird but I actually liked doing Flood levels when I was doing the meta scoring. I did all the levels on normal with only 2 skulls, the one where enemies dodge grenades and the one where they throw tons of them. But when I was on a Flood level I could also use the one where enemy ranks were upgraded once because the Flood don't have ranks but I still get a huge points boost.