PDA

View Full Version : A Little Bit of Advise for Online Tournaments

tremberz
07-10-2010, 07:11 PM
I have made this thread to help those that are struggling to win the online tournaments with a three star, two star and one star team. Seeing as I did it legit, I will say what team I used for each tournament, and what teams I played against.

For the three star tournament I used Togo. They have Adebayor up front who is an 86 overall, which means he is very good for a three star team. If you play teams of a similar ability Adebayor will rip their defence apart due to his pace, strength and size. Using Togo against poorer teams shouldn't be difficult, and you should win most games comfortably.

For a two star team I used New Zealand. They are probably the best two star team to use because they have a decent cenre-back and two fairly good forwards, meaning a 4-4-2 formation is the best to play. Again, playing against other two star teams or less is the best option here and you shouldn't struggle.

The one star tournament is easily the hardest, due to hardly anyone being a one star team as well, making it very tough to win online. However, I used Niger, who are probably the best one star team on the game. They have a striker called Mazouu, who scored all but 2 of my goals in my tournament. He is 72 (I think) overall, meaning that when you play against other teams below 2 stars he is very good. With Niger, I played either a 4-4-2 formation or 5-4-1, depending on the team I was playing against.

Obviously you should avoid any team above three stars, even when playing with a three star team. I played against a few three star teams when I was Niger and beat them comfortably, and you may have to do that as it is quite rare to play against someone with a poor team - especially in the later stages of the tournament. You should avoid poorer teams like Togo, Korea, Honduras, etc. as they have a few key players that are decent, and you may stuggle against.

As long as you play similar rated teams (except a few that I have mentioned) you shouldn't have too many problems. Remember to play a defensive formation if you don't think you can win, and keep your star man up front, because believe me, that works very well. You will need to be very patient in order to win these achievements properly as you will always find opponents who want to be Spain, Brazil, Germany, etc. Just keep searching and eventually you will find someone worth playing against, and always remember to play on a green bar connection.

Anyway I thought I'd share this information just for the people that were finding it hard to win them, It may or may not have helped, but seeing as I won them without too much trouble I thought I could give this advise. I hope this does help, and if it does I would appreciate if you mention it in this thread so I can see it was helpful. Anyway, thanks for reading.

deadie
07-10-2010, 09:14 PM
Thanks been lookign for good teams I have used new zealend and got beat by togo in semis lol that was before reading this :)

Atax1a
07-11-2010, 12:17 AM
Togo and New Zealand worked really well for me few weeks ago. However, I chose Kazakhstan when going for the 1 star team achievement and was able to get it on my first try, beating 5 star teams far more easily than I expected hehe.

I played 5-2-1-2 formation, activated counter-attack and always used the squad's fastest players as ST.

Good luck!

Thugsta
07-11-2010, 12:39 PM
New zealand is no longer a 2 star team they're 2 n' a half now.
any tips on a new good 2 star team ?

Vapourise
07-11-2010, 01:50 PM
Oman are a good 2 star aswell since they have an amazing keeper. And the best 1 star team bye miles is grenada in the caribean. It has jason roberts 78 I think a striker then a 72 in midfeilder. Jason roberts plays in the premier leauge.

tremberz
07-11-2010, 02:56 PM
Oman are a good 2 star aswell since they have an amazing keeper. And the best 1 star team bye miles is grenada in the caribean. It has jason roberts 78 I think a striker then a 72 in midfeilder. Jason roberts plays in the premier leauge.

Maybe, but when I played a game against Niger I struggled against them and I beat everyone comfortably when I was playing with them. They have a half decent forward and the majority of their team are okay players. I think Niger are the team to be to be honest.

SharpZzZzZz
07-12-2010, 07:19 AM
New zealand is no longer a 2 star team they're 2 n' a half now.
any tips on a new good 2 star team ?
Try sierra leone there a good little team with good attacking players I've made it to the semis endless times with them also use the deafult formation

GuitArGoD95
07-12-2010, 01:07 PM
angola ftw manucho unstopable