PDA

View Full Version : Silver Gamertag

x MrsMassacre x
07-11-2010, 01:20 AM
Can you download arcade games if you have a silver tag? My son insists on trying to play castle crashers/dash of destruction/hexic/droplitz on my xbox alll day long. So, I want to get him the games for his xbox so he'll leave mine alone. Do you have to have gold or can you get them with silver?

Corrupt.
07-11-2010, 01:22 AM
I believe you can download all content with a silver account

EliteShadowMan
07-11-2010, 01:24 AM
you can download stuff, you just can't join parties, or play online with other players. Which if your son has a bunch of friends who play games as well i would just give him the gold account so he could have fun with other people.

x MrsMassacre x
07-11-2010, 01:34 AM
you can download stuff, you just can't join parties, or play online with other players. Which if your son has a bunch of friends who play games as well i would just give him the gold account so he could have fun with other people.

nah, he's 4(will be 5 on July 20).lol. he definitely doesn't need to play online. The only time he plays online is when he's playing L4D2 with his dad.

Thanks for the replies guys!

jedijaxpavan
07-11-2010, 03:16 AM
nah, he's 4(will be 5 on July 20).lol. he definitely doesn't need to play online. The only time he plays online is when he's playing L4D2 with his dad.

Thanks for the replies guys!

your 4 year old plays L4D2? lol. my 5 yo plays MW2 private matches. im not even going to give her a reason to have nightmares....lol

x MrsMassacre x
07-11-2010, 05:13 AM
your 4 year old plays L4D2? lol. my 5 yo plays MW2 private matches. im not even going to give her a reason to have nightmares....lol

he's OBSESSED with zombies. He's the raddest little dude ever. He's played MW2 online before too, but L4D is his favorite game. He wakes me up every morning asking if he can turn his xbox on and play zombies.

EliteShadowMan
07-11-2010, 05:18 AM
i think we would have to qualify you as the best parent ever! lol. If my mom would have let me play a game like Left 4 Dead when i was 4 i would be so happy...but then again...we didn't have L4D back when i was that age, it was more about mario, and zelda lol.

EmporerDragon
07-11-2010, 06:31 AM
...but then again...we didn't have L4D back when i was that age, it was more about mario, and zelda lol.

You say that as if it were a bad thing.

Sabrelord
07-11-2010, 08:01 AM
uhm...actualy i think, screw age restrictions...parents should be able to decide what their kids can handle and what not.. I wanted and got "adult" games and movies too and i'm fine ...mostly...

Hopefully you both are realy sure about having your kids tons of zombies rip into pieces, at least that's still very fictional. but cmon...don't let kindergarten kids play COD single player or something -_-

Minutes to Midnight
07-11-2010, 08:06 AM
uhm...actualy i think, screw age restrictions...parents should be able to decide what their kids can handle and what not.. I wanted and got "adult" games and movies too and i'm fine ...mostly...

Hopefully you both are realy sure about having your kids tons of zombies rip into pieces, at least that's still very fictional. but cmon...don't let kindergarten kids play COD single player or something -_-

They will to go Commando on each other if you do.

Sabrelord
07-11-2010, 08:19 AM
They will to go Commando on each other if you do.

would be hilarious to see 2 4-year olds with their waterpistols and diaper go lke barrel roll on the floor "dont make me go rambo on you! sucka! pow pow pow"

lmao xD
like that "get to the chopper" baby, always cracking me up, just lol how a baby can look THAT angry

The Dukenator
07-11-2010, 12:06 PM
I believe you can download all content with a silver account
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/joinlive.htm

jedijaxpavan
07-11-2010, 12:37 PM

i stated that it was online private matches. a couple other parents set them up sometimes so our kids can play together. they just run around and jump. and shoot into walls

TakahashiDemon
07-11-2010, 01:31 PM
Yes you can, Silver only voids you from Deal of the Week, playing online and joining parties.

gamerguy69
07-11-2010, 01:39 PM
Yes you can, Silver only voids you from Deal of the Week, playing online and joining parties.

Also, if you have a Vision Cam, you can't send pic messages or do video chats. On Xbox.com, Silver members can't send messages.

Sabrelord
07-11-2010, 03:20 PM
i stated that it was online private matches. a couple other parents set them up sometimes so our kids can play together. they just run around and jump. and shoot into walls

ye, i noticed and thought something like that. Thats why i wrote SP. And to have them screw around while being watched, sounds like something i'd do too and prolly find very amusing to watch ;)
But to imagine a lil child play that seriously is kinda creepy ^^