PDA

View Full Version : Why do People Hate On Boosters???

jedijaxpavan
07-11-2010, 03:11 AM
boosting is not modding. why cant people understand that? boosting is all done "legit" with some help from friends. its not altering programing. im getting sick of these "i hate boosters posts".

you are on a site that is all about getting cheevos. boosting is a big part of that for some games. get over it. morons

get off my lawn (shaking fist)

Corrupt.
07-11-2010, 03:16 AM
People who don't have enough friends to boost perhaps...

Burning Karma
07-11-2010, 04:19 AM
I guess it taints the "spirit" of online MP. Whatever. If I don't like the MP, if no one is playing it anymore, or the achievement(s) take a God-awfully long time to attain without, I'm gonna boost it. I'll be damned if I don't get the achievements just because of that.

EliteShadowMan
07-11-2010, 04:22 AM
Honestly i hate Anti-Boosters as much as they hate me! It's not like boosters are really ruining the games people are in since the majority of the time boosting is by yourself with 1-4 extra friends.

MachineZed
07-11-2010, 04:33 AM
Because it still isn't an intended mechanic to the game. It defeats the purpose of rankings, and often times ruins the competitive nature of the competitive online.

I know it is a hot button topic many places, and I will not tell you how to play. I just prefer to do it on my own, even if it means I never get that achievement.

GrindPantera95
07-11-2010, 05:07 AM
I usually don't care if someone boosts. I prefer not to, because that's just boring sometimes, cept for those reeeally drawn out achievements.. But I sorta love/hate it online. Hate it: Someone gloating that they have everything boosted. Love it: They still suck.

EliteShadowMan
07-11-2010, 05:15 AM
I usually don't care if someone boosts. I prefer not to, because that's just boring sometimes, cept for those reeeally drawn out achievements.. But I sorta love/hate it online. Hate it: Someone gloating that they have everything boosted. Love it: They still suck.

So if i say that i have for instance....1k in Riddick and bragged about it, but boosted the achievements you tell me i suck? fuck that dude...that game has no one playing online so theres a lot of instances where people can still brag about getting all achievements since it still requires patience and the skill to at least know to play the game! surely enough getting all SP achievements in games like Riddick would be hard, so people should be able to brag either way...unless if they get really cocky and just start saying how amazingly awesome they are at the game.

Hitchman
07-11-2010, 05:44 AM
Just dont bother reading the threads about boosting. This topic will never be over and many more of them will pop up.

I for one will boost a game that has no online community. Try to go online and get all of the achievements in Hour of Victory or Soldier of Fortune: Payback without having some friends with you. You may get a few random people into a game, but most of the time you would just sit there waiting. You do need to boost to get some of the older games done.

TheFalcon
07-11-2010, 05:50 AM
Some games are just impossible to get all the GS without boosting because of either dead communities or obnoxiously hard/long achievements (or both). Also, sometimes the game's MP is just shit (RDR for example) and I don't want to torture myself with it.

Any dumbass can get to level 100 in Gears 2 for example if they just play it long enough, so why not take a shortcut? Choosing the longer and more tedious route when it still requires no talent or advanced skill level is just plain foolish.

Spanish Assault
07-11-2010, 05:53 AM
People hate boosters when they ruin multiplayer. For example:

People who boost Harriers or Chopper gunners on MW2 ruin the game cause other people are getting killed by them boosting.

If you want to boost head shots for titles and emblems that fine with me...as long as you don't call in a kill streak.

People don't hate boosters...they hate douche bags who boost.

jedijaxpavan
07-11-2010, 05:58 AM
People hate boosters when they ruin multiplayer. For example:

People who boost Harriers or Chopper gunners on MW2 ruin the game cause other people are getting killed by them boosting.

If you want to boost head shots for titles and emblems that fine with me...as long as you don't call in a kill streak.

People don't hate boosters...they hate douche bags who boost.

i only boost for cheevos.
boosting for rank in games like MW2 i dont care for. MW2 sucks

Spanish Assault
07-11-2010, 06:00 AM
i only boost for cheevos.
boosting for rank in games like MW2 i dont care for. MW2 sucks
almost everyone here has boosted...Heck if you got 1000 GS on Prey you had to boost cause NO ONE plays online....but that didn't ruin anyone's gaming experience so it's cool.

xtye
07-11-2010, 07:05 AM
I hate on one type of boosters. The kind that make new accounts in Halo 3 that are legit 50s, and stomp on me. It isn't fun, and I file cheating complaints because I feel it is a method to gain an unfair advantage.

DeekBoy
07-11-2010, 09:30 AM
i boost and have boosted for achieves but when it comes to boosting for stats thats when it get ridiculous. i hate jumping into a free for all match on MW2 and seeing boosters. i swear 1 out of 3 games contain boosters and it has ruined that play list. but when it comes to achieves i will get together with people to boost for those but not stat based shit

Tiddy08
07-11-2010, 11:51 AM
most people on hate boosters on like cod for nukes. I personally dont mind boosters if there going for an achievement.

True I Skill
07-11-2010, 12:19 PM
The ones that boost in online matches annoy me. For acheivments or not. its still a bitch, They should either Glitch and get there own Lobby, wait for xbloxlive to die down, Or get it without taking up space on our team.

YouTube- Sandy Ravage :: Booster Justice 1

After watching that Video i started to go after boosters myself on MW2. its good fun and its great knowing these guys was busy ruining peoples games by boosting in a corner then you come along and stalk them to every match ruining EVERY game they are in. Very rewarding feeling.

As for boosting without ruining multiplayer i guess people hate on it because...

How many of you got ALL the l4d1 acheivments Legit?
YOUR ALL FUCKING LIARS.

Its well known that there are Glitches in L4D1 And that they are used by lots of people. Anyone who got the Acheivments legit are called a Liar if they claim they did. People just dont beleive them. I saw one guy on these forums talking about how he glitched the acheivments in one thread. Then in another defending the glitch saying he gets all he's acheivments legit but people should be able to play however they want. Then bragged about all the L4D and other game acheivments he had got legit. You just cant tell who's lieing and who's being honest.

I guess it goes the same with boosting, If some one see's you have acheivemnt that most people boost the first thing they think is "Probably boosed"

Other than that most people that say they hate boosters they probably are only talking about the People that boost in Online games infront of everyone ruining the match for people.

NevynYT
07-11-2010, 12:42 PM
What I think, boosting is great when you cba to get achievements with people you don't know.

Such as in Resi5, a friend was pretty piseed off at people ruining his combos and his game, the online games, I dont know the names, sorry.
"On-controlable" achievements, such as "Sniper" on Forza MS3 requires you to outbid someone in the marketplace, well... How do you know when someone will stop? That's why we boost, to get these achievements.

Some people may think "That's not the spirit of the game, idiot..."
Well, imagine you have 990:gsicon: on Forza MS3, only one is Sniper, but nothing is working, doesn't that annoy you?
I dont mind people boosting, aslong it doesn't bother me.

T FUNK 1984
07-11-2010, 12:53 PM
There's a time and a place for boosting though. For example multiplayer achievements on Prey - no one plays online so your not doing any harm boosting those. Bad example is nuke boosting in MW2 - lots of people play online, you are ruining other peoples gaming experience by doing this, you are being a selfish prick and thatís not cool.

Like many things in life it doesn't come down to either ok or not it all depends on the time, place, people etc.

Teh BeZ
07-11-2010, 01:11 PM
I can see why they could hate us depending on what the situation is. For instance Im trying to get the final acheivment on battlefield 1943 - 100 online games played - so I can wrap up that game. I find the game just isnt nearly as fun as it used to be so I find myself sitting jamming the stick so that Im constintly running against a wall and then sit and browse the net.

I know I would hate that if it was that I actually cared about e.g. Gears. So I can see how it could piss people off but thats not really boosting and only an example :P

TakahashiDemon
07-11-2010, 01:25 PM
Boosting is good if you don't want to be bothered with the online in the game that much, I tried to get LVL20 in SCIV legit, but you get so much hate messages from somepeople most people were like "you a lvl 7 and Im a lvl198, you got lucky" and some accused me of cheating when I didn't I was just playing the game like they were >_> That is why I boost online achievements, I dont get any annoying messages this way.

Spanish Assault
07-11-2010, 02:02 PM
The ones that boost in online matches annoy me. For acheivments or not. its still a bitch, They should either Glitch and get there own Lobby, wait for xbloxlive to die down, Or get it without taking up space on our team.

YouTube- Sandy Ravage :: Booster Justice 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGn3HcUWxWY)

After watching that Video i started to go after boosters myself on MW2. its good fun and its great knowing these guys was busy ruining peoples games by boosting in a corner then you come along and stalk them to every match ruining EVERY game they are in. Very rewarding feeling.

As for boosting without ruining multiplayer i guess people hate on it because...

How many of you got ALL the l4d1 acheivments Legit?
YOUR ALL FUCKING LIARS.

Its well known that there are Glitches in L4D1 And that they are used by lots of people. Anyone who got the Acheivments legit are called a Liar if they claim they did. People just dont beleive them. I saw one guy on these forums talking about how he glitched the acheivments in one thread. Then in another defending the glitch saying he gets all he's acheivments legit but people should be able to play however they want. Then bragged about all the L4D and other game acheivments he had got legit. You just cant tell who's lieing and who's being honest.

I guess it goes the same with boosting, If some one see's you have acheivemnt that most people boost the first thing they think is "Probably boosed"

Other than that most people that say they hate boosters they probably are only talking about the People that boost in Online games infront of everyone ruining the match for people.

I hate people like this more then boosters...this holier then though crap cause you didn't get an achievement legit.

The best part of this guy stupidity is the fact the he has a profile on this site...dedicated in helping people get achievements (boosting or otherwise)

This guy is a real tool.
There's a time and a place for boosting though. For example multiplayer achievements on Prey - no one plays online so your not doing any harm boosting those. Bad example is nuke boosting in MW2 - lots of people play online, you are ruining other peoples gaming experience by doing this, you are being a selfish prick and that’s not cool.

Like many things in life it doesn't come down to either ok or not it all depends on the time, place, people etc.

Did you even read any of the replies...the reason why I ask is cause your example is the same as mine almost word for word. I guess great minds think alike.

NightTimeScene
07-11-2010, 02:18 PM
I fucking boost all the time if I can like I need one achiev for left for dead 2
I'm looking for someone to help me snag "WEDDING CRASHER" Also, left for dead 1 I need also those add on's.. BUt yeah boosting isn't bad, esp if you got a great group of buds who's willing to help you and are in the same boat as you. I have no idea why people get so fucking BUTTHURT! about boosting oh you modders this and that its not a mod PEOPLE!!!!!!

Spanish Assault
07-11-2010, 02:20 PM
I fucking boost all the time if I can like I need one achiev for left for dead 2
I'm looking for someone to help me snag "WEDDING CRASHER" Also, left for dead 1 I need also those add on's.. BUt yeah boosting isn't bad, esp if you got a great group of buds who's willing to help you and are in the same boat as you. I have no idea why people get so fucking BUTTHURT! about boosting oh you modders this and that its not a mod PEOPLE!!!!!!

umm what happened to your font...it changes as you typed...

Anyway like I said before, MOST people hate booster that ruin the gaming experience. If it doesn't effect me, then I don't care what you do.

True I Skill
07-11-2010, 02:22 PM
I hate people like this more then boosters...this holier then though crap cause you didn't get an achievement legit.

The best part of this guy stupidity is the fact the he has a profile on this site...dedicated in helping people get achievements (boosting or otherwise)

My opinion is that you are a dildo.

You talking about me Or Sandy?
If me i dont ever remember making any group to do with helping people get acheivments. If sandy. Then he kills Boosters on Xboxlive matches If you dont play free for all matches on mw2 then you probably wont understand. But the free for all if full of boosters that hide and boost kills, Making it pretty hard for the other players to win as they rack up kills on eachother and win the game before anyone can win it legit. He just finds them and kills them until they give up boosting. Which is a little diffrent from helping people get acheivments.

The OP asked a question and im awnsering. I do not give boosters all the shit about how they did it unlegit or ruin xboxlive, I dont hate Acheivment boosters either. Infact i remember boosting for an acheivment on Frontlines in a 1vs1 match. And also boosting with a group of people on MR. Driller. the matches were both empty and only boosters were in the matches. I dont brag about gaining acheivments so being called a booster when i got an acheivment Legit doesnt bother me. But being called a liar when gaining acheivments legit when there was a Glitch about annoyed me so i could see how it may annoy some people who dont boost then get called a booster when they have an acheivment most people boost for.

And my opinion is that you really dont know what a Dildo is if you beleive a Dildo can type.

CovertDog
07-11-2010, 02:24 PM
Already see this thread going in the wrong direction (posts have been removed). Bitching and flaming over a subject is not going to change anyones opinion. For it or against it is fine, but your not going to fight over it on the forums.