PDA

View Full Version : Alpha Protocol... Wow.

j4m3z m0n3y
07-11-2010, 12:00 PM
Ok, so I got this game from Gamefly about 5 days ago and just let it sit there while I finished up on my last Madden season before trading it in. I was actually hoping it would be Prison Break, but I got this instead. So I finally actually decided to play it yesterday, around 6ish... its now about 8am the next day & I really can't put this game down. Beside the fact of dinner, chillin with my girl and watchin some SVU, this game is actually addicting. I would actually give it 4 1/2 outta 5 stars or 9/10. The gameplay is great except for the aiming, but you get used to it. The graphics are actually really decent, and the storyline is phenominal. You actually get to pick which direction to take your character, it's seriously awesome. I just wanted to express my feelings towards this game, and if any of you have played it tell me how ya feel about it. And if you haven't... go either rent this game or buy it... this is a MUST PLAY GAME.

jedijaxpavan
07-11-2010, 12:23 PM
Ok, so I got this game from Gamefly about 5 days ago and just let it sit there while I finished up on my last Madden season before trading it in. I was actually hoping it would be Prison Break, but I got this instead. So I finally actually decided to play it yesterday, around 6ish... its now about 8am the next day & I really can't put this game down. Beside the fact of dinner, chillin with my girl and watchin some SVU, this game is actually addicting. I would actually give it 4 1/2 outta 5 stars or 9/10. The gameplay is great except for the aiming, but you get used to it. The graphics are actually really decent, and the storyline is phenominal. You actually get to pick which direction to take your character, it's seriously awesome. I just wanted to express my feelings towards this game, and if any of you have played it tell me how ya feel about it. And if you haven't... go either rent this game or buy it... this is a MUST PLAY GAME.

ummmmmmmmmmmm......sooooooooo i should play it?

j4m3z m0n3y
07-11-2010, 12:34 PM
haha... Yes, in a few words then what I posted. Yes, to me I believe its worth it. Get a few hundred easy achievements too while your having fun. I mean you get to pick the outcomes several times throughout the game, you can be cocky, aggorant, suave, etc... and it all comes together, I'm still playing right now lol... im about... 44% done it says.. so yes go for it, yet again, its worth it lol

Gamersdg
07-11-2010, 12:53 PM
I agree that the game was fun it's sad that SEGA just announced that they will not be doing a Sequel.

KeepEmRolling
07-11-2010, 02:38 PM
I was really looking forward to this game, and i asked a few friends that played it what they thought of it. All of them thought it wasn't a very good game. I may end up renting it and hope for the best.

discomartin
07-11-2010, 04:08 PM
I was very puzzled by the poor reviews it got because I thought it was a solid game and really enjoyed it.

brokensaint82
07-11-2010, 04:10 PM
I've seen it and the I'm intruiged by the prospect, can someone tell me how the gameplay works and how the story is? i would rent it to check it out but i dont feel like driving that far just yet lol.

TsarBlandi
07-11-2010, 04:10 PM
so many mixed reviews, a lot of people on x360a recommend it but a lot of reviewers say to stay clear, think i may have to be swayed by this site x)

Analogblood
07-11-2010, 04:23 PM
Despite the reviewers, I think this is one of the better games this year too. I'm currently in my second playthrough, checking out all the different choices and consequences that I didn't choose in my first career.

The only complaint I have, is that I wish it was longer.

Alaskanassassin
07-11-2010, 06:19 PM
This is just like any rpg, you have to invest in figuring out how to play, and once you do it becomes extremely fun and addicting.

Blueprotoss
07-12-2010, 02:20 AM
I agree that the game was fun it's sad that SEGA just announced that they will not be doing a Sequel.AP is still in Obsidian's court since they own it while I really hope that Bethesda picks it up.

Blueprotoss
07-12-2010, 02:22 AM
I was really looking forward to this game, and i asked a few friends that played it what they thought of it. All of them thought it wasn't a very good game. I may end up renting it and hope for the best. The thing is what games do they like to play because if they don't like RPGs then they have a good chance of disliking AP right off the bat.

Blueprotoss
07-12-2010, 02:25 AM
I've seen it and the I'm intruiged by the prospect, can someone tell me how the gameplay works and how the story is? i would rent it to check it out but i dont feel like driving that far just yet lol.If you want a deep RPG that focuses on your character stats while having a complex choice system that cries out replayability then AP is for you.

Mike Conno
07-12-2010, 10:48 AM
If you want a deep RPG that focuses on your character stats while having a complex choice system that cries out replayability then AP is for you.

Who the hell are you and what have you done with Blueprotoss???

That is the deepest thing I've ever heard (or seen, actually) you saying.

Where did you copied it from?

Nitnoid
07-12-2010, 03:16 PM
Are you two over HERE now???? (j/k)

AP does not have a run and gun aiming system, its way better to stealth play, using pistol on at least your first run. Go for stealth, pistol and the hacking stat, makes it better to get a feel for the game. Oh, and start on easy. You're going to want to do several plays anyway, might as well make the first once a great learning experience.

Gamersdg
07-12-2010, 08:42 PM
AP is still in Obsidian's court since they own it while I really hope that Bethesda picks it up.

That would be awesome if Bethsoft picked it up.

Ethereal235
07-13-2010, 12:28 AM
AP does not have a run and gun aiming system, its way better to stealth play, using pistol on at least your first run. Go for stealth, pistol and the hacking stat, makes it better to get a feel for the game. Oh, and start on easy. You're going to want to do several plays anyway, might as well make the first once a great learning experience.

Stealth and pistol kickass, but you actually can do okay shooting with SMGs, Assault Rifles, and Shotguns. Shotguns and SMGs only work up close, but you can often clear out a room before your endurance hits 0, so you can keep going forward. You just have to have points in toughness and some good weapons to do okay that way.

RadiantViper
07-13-2010, 08:18 AM
The things I don't like about this game:

- Meh graphics, not a big deal though
- Short game, replayability helps this a bit
- Assault rifles are a pain to use, every other weapon works great once you get used to them
- Dumb AI

Besides that, I love this game. Great characters/story, great perk system/RPG elements, just a lot of fun to play.

Blueprotoss
07-14-2010, 02:28 PM
Who the hell are you and what have you done with Blueprotoss???

That is the deepest thing I've ever heard (or seen, actually) you saying.

Where did you copied it from?Thats my own words while I haven't even played a RPG with over 2 walkthroughs. I have done 4 walkthroughs in AP while this is an Advanced RPG to most people since people think that every RPGout there is either Mass Effect, Fable, or Final Fantasy.