PDA

View Full Version : Nicknames

Thehefferkiller
07-11-2010, 08:28 PM
Well, i was just playing some Bad Company 2 with some buds, and i realized we have nicknames for everything. Such as in Port Valdeze we call the hill the climb (I'm taking the climb, cover me)(the last hill in Rush). On the attackers side, we call the little hill all the attacker snipers crowd, sniper hill, and in CoD 4, i think everyone knows Grandma's House.
My question is, do you guys have any nicknames for certain places in games that are nameless? If so, how'd you come up with it?

dorkzilla123
07-11-2010, 09:02 PM
Yeah some other ones I've encountered were the flaming guys in horde mode for gears 2 a few friends call them "jeff gordon". lol And we can't forget about the embassy in modern warfare 2 as well. Everybody loves trying to take that over in team deathmatch.

litepink
07-11-2010, 09:21 PM
I invented Grampa's Tool Shed in COD 4 (the shed with the tractor in it on Downpour).

After a night of playing I had a lot of the lobby and friends saying "he's in grampa's!" or comments of that nature.

Corrupt.
07-11-2010, 10:08 PM
I invented Grampa's Tool Shed in COD 4 (the shed with the tractor in it on Downpour).

After a night of playing I had a lot of the lobby and friends saying "he's in grampa's!" or comments of that nature.

Reminds me of when at school people always claimed they 'invented' things people say...

PointPlaceWI
07-11-2010, 10:35 PM
I don't think I've used nick names for a MP game in forever. Not since Halo 2 anyhow and I can't even remember those names its been so long. Now when I'm playing with friends this always happens...

"HES OVER THERE GOD DAMN IT SOMEONE KILL HIM"

"Where?"

"NEAR THE BUILDING IN THE SAND!"

"We're in a desert and there's six building right next to us dumbshit."

:p

l Rebirth l
07-11-2010, 10:45 PM
How the hell did Grandma's house even become to exist? I remember just one day playing, no one knew it, it wasn't even said, and then the next day people are just yelling "he's at Grandma's house?" WTF? I don't even understand how it's called that lol, yet everyone calls it that and everyone knows what you're talking about.

And yeah with friends it's a bit easier to name spots, as like when people are sniping in a certain area, excuse my french, but we always say they're in bitch spot or wherever and we know exactly where it is lol.

Gamerdude5448
07-11-2010, 10:52 PM
heh heh, HE IS IN THE A**HOLE SOMEONE GRENADE HIM OUT! AHHHHHHHHHHHH! NOT MY A**HOLE!

streetbackguy
07-11-2010, 11:02 PM
Building in parking lot in skidrow on MW2 = Camping site.

TsarBlandi
07-12-2010, 07:17 AM
i just shout... "hes over there... no ov... over there...ffs to your left, near the thing... next to the other thing... o great im dead now, im blaming you"

... im not very imaginitive

jtr1gg3r
07-12-2010, 08:26 AM
HE'S IN THE GLITCH SPOT! HE'S ON TOP OF THE MAP! you guessed it Im playing MW2.

Genesis x360a
07-12-2010, 08:37 AM
I can remember a couple of callouts from playing Cod 4 GB's.

Overgrown - Grandma's house - Stone and Wood bridge.
Crash - Blue room - Triple alley - 3 Story.
Strike - Flower shop - A Building.

Most of time i just say "He's over there" or "Next to me up the road", "Shoot him im up here, up here, or thanks now im dead i blame that on you"

Unterofficer
07-12-2010, 10:38 AM
Wow people are pretty creative with names. Me and my friends have given names only to places that snipers like to camp. Like in BC2 Port Valdez first base you have Sniperhill, Sniperpipe and The other sniperhill at attackers side, and Sniperhouse, Construction site and Sniperbush at defenders side.

BedCommando
07-12-2010, 12:57 PM
Left 4 Dead
Tank - I call him Heavy

Team Fortress 2
Spies - Faggots.

World of Warcraft
Blood Elves - Faggots.

Didn't say I was imaginative.

EliteShadowMan
07-12-2010, 02:04 PM
Left 4 Dead
Tank - I call him Heavy

Team Fortress 2
Spies - Faggots.

World of Warcraft
Blood Elves - Faggots.

Didn't say I was imaginative.

I used to be a blood elf! u jerk! lol

I usually just say "get him, hes trying to rape me from behind!"

Minutes to Midnight
07-12-2010, 02:32 PM
I used to be a blood elf! u jerk! lol

I usually just say "get him, hes trying to rape me from behind!"

That's.....really effective. :D

I usually make a confusing name than only my friends will understand, like in estate in MW2, if someone kills me in the kitchen I just shout: "HE IS MAKING A SANDWICH!" that lets my friends now that he/she is in the kitchen and the opponent won't get a clue out of that call xD

ferrara316
07-12-2010, 02:54 PM
In GoW 2 Horde mode, i would always call the assorted Boomers, dudes.

Boomer w/ Grinder - Grinder Dude
Boomer w/ Flamer - Flame Dude

Infection Ftw
07-12-2010, 03:05 PM
When I played Halo 3 online I said near a certain spawnpoint like weapons or vehicles.

RadiantViper
07-12-2010, 03:14 PM
I can't think of any nicknames for locations, but me and one friend like to call anything that just killed us a French Asshule (not a typo). Cookie if you get the semi-obscure reference :drunk

Avenged Remains
07-12-2010, 03:26 PM
In GoW 2 Horde mode, i would always call the assorted Boomers, dudes.

Boomer w/ Grinder - Grinder Dude
Boomer w/ Flamer - Flame Dude

Haha I do the exact same thing. I only started because I didn't know their real names when I first got the game. Just got into the habit of it now. Shield Dude and Chef Dude are the other two for me :p

ferrara316
07-12-2010, 03:52 PM
Shield Dude and Chef Dude are the other two for me :p

ahh i knew i fogort those guys

I called them the Ball and Chain Dude and Butcher (actual name) dude lol.

pvtmooseknuckle
07-12-2010, 04:13 PM
the building inthe back with the hole on skidrow i call the glory hole. and any video store in the game i call the jack shack

EliteShadowMan
07-12-2010, 09:23 PM
the building inthe back with the hole on skidrow i call the glory hole. and any video store in the game i call the jack shack

lmao thats awesome

DarkCreations
07-13-2010, 01:24 AM
i just shout... "hes over there... no ov... over there...ffs to your left, near the thing... next to the other thing... o great im dead now, im blaming you"

... im not very imaginitive

I'm the same, it really is their fault! and if they deny it, i go team-kill their ass. They either know my "code" or get the f*** out :D

No, seriously though, i'm the exact same.

regulardrake
07-13-2010, 06:50 AM
LOL this reminds me of my best friend brother, he does that with halo3. I was playing a private match with him, and the entire time we where playing, I could here him talk to his buddies, l-yellow, u-red, and so on. I couldn't really figure out the meaning of it. But I did lean that if he said something, we where going to be rushed him and his friends. lol

Harry Ball Nutz
07-13-2010, 07:11 AM
My friend has developed the name "Hey you in the bushes" From always camping in bushes

adriano28
07-13-2010, 07:38 AM
It would be helpful if everything had a name. Im always telling my friends where they are like this: "He's over there! no look to your right, just around there. no not there! oh nvm, you'll know where he is when your dead."

McGoogles
07-13-2010, 08:04 AM
I remember playing halo 2 online (when you were able to) on the map called Lockout. There was this green room with the shotgun at the end of it and most of the people would rush to that spot for it. I would usually call that place the 'Twilight Zone' or just the plain and simple 'Green Room'.

I remember playing Cops & Robbers and the Twilight Zone was the jail. :p