PDA

View Full Version : List Of Grievances To 505 Games

SpookTheUndying
07-11-2010, 10:16 PM
First let me start by saying the game has the potential to do so much more than the same map over and over and over again. To my understanding, 505 is in the United Kingdom somewhere. So are you saying all British people love only one level where you terrorize bears?

1. Your concept is genius. We've all wanted a little payback because we never got invited to someone's birthday party from way back when.

2. Your multiplayer is NON EXISTANT. Many a day have I sat and damned my console for connection issues when in truth you fail to provide a server with a simple standard hosting lobby.

3. Who TESTED this game? Was it an animal with down syndrome? It freezes, it glitches, and worst of all, it seems self-aware because everytime I try for a Platinum Medal in ANY Mission, it makes a priority to knock me off Xboxlive entirely.

4. Why not sell this idea to the American company Rare? If you do your homework, you'll see that rare did Conker's Bad Fur Day which was the number 1 best selling game for the nintendo 64. There was a sequel on xbox, but I'v never played it.

5. You are not Blizzard, and this is not Diablo(1,2). So your replay value is absolute garbage.

6. Your game isn't worth 50 bucks/45 qwit. If you expect us as consumers to PAY for your garbage and not your best work, perhaps you should consider a career in the music genre of Rap.

7. The problems with the game are easily fixable. You just need to work out a few bugs, get a server, and introduce more maps for murdering bears.

8. Your game is best played drunk. Seriously, why is it rated Teen when alcohol is the only thing that is going to make this gaming experience any better?

9. I am disappointed in the overall outcome of this game. You took an awesome idea and you executed it more poorly than a one legged man in a butt kicking contest.

10. I WILL NOT be making ANY more purchases from ANYTHING labeled 505 Games. I don't care if you managed to get a toaster to become self-aware and try and off every other appliance for supreme kitchen domination; you are terrible.

SpoonyFob
07-11-2010, 11:13 PM
chill out man.... its a great game with a few moderate faults..

Fizzmatix
07-12-2010, 12:52 AM
It was sort of a given that the game wouldn't be as good as it seems. Though from what I've played and experienced, the game could do with some variation but it's no where near as bad as it could have been. Also 505 are Publishers, not Developers. A2M did a pretty decent job with WET but this really is a downgraded game compared.

There is probably tons of DLC due to be released, I wouldn't be surprised if there is way more to come. Either way, this is a glorified arcade game at best, but it's still funny.

D4B0MB1N4T10N
07-12-2010, 04:14 AM
thats how i feel towards silicon knights who developed too human. had potential, but was completely fucked by the devs.

Ooyah
07-12-2010, 07:34 AM
Spook, no offence mate, but all I get from your post is that you didn't like the game. Do you post such a list on every forum of every game that you dislike?

Personally, I love the game. Sure, it is a bit repetitive, but they do give you quite a few things to play with in each level, and most people seem to agree that the main concept is fun. I personally feel that the whole idea of scaring the bears rather than killing them is really well executed, and it is great fun to watch the other bears react to what you have done, as they slowly lose their marbles. It is mainly a score attack game, but that appeals to me for some reason.

The only thing which should be mentioned, I think, are the horrible bugs, especially the ones which seem to constantly deny the attainment of platinum trophies. I sincerely hope that we see a patch soon.

One thing is for sure, though. It really is not a game which everyone will enjoy. You didn't enjoy it. Is there really any need to dedicate a whole post to it? Naturally, you have a right to express your opinion, please don't get me wrong, but I was surprised by the level you took it to.

Other than that, Spook... there's plenty of other games for you to enjoy! Go for it! ;)

SpookTheUndying
07-13-2010, 04:33 AM
Spook, no offence mate, but all I get from your post is that you didn't like the game. Do you post such a list on every forum of every game that you dislike?

Personally, I love the game. Sure, it is a bit repetitive, but they do give you quite a few things to play with in each level, and most people seem to agree that the main concept is fun. I personally feel that the whole idea of scaring the bears rather than killing them is really well executed, and it is great fun to watch the other bears react to what you have done, as they slowly lose their marbles. It is mainly a score attack game, but that appeals to me for some reason.

The only thing which should be mentioned, I think, are the horrible bugs, especially the ones which seem to constantly deny the attainment of platinum trophies. I sincerely hope that we see a patch soon.

One thing is for sure, though. It really is not a game which everyone will enjoy. You didn't enjoy it. Is there really any need to dedicate a whole post to it? Naturally, you have a right to express your opinion, please don't get me wrong, but I was surprised by the level you took it to.

Other than that, Spook... there's plenty of other games for you to enjoy! Go for it! ;)

No offense taken. I have only made 2 list of grievances on games that were so terrible, I posted the actual list on here. The 1st was Army of Two: 40th Day. And Naughty Bear for the second coming. I said what I ment. Frankly, I believe I personally could do better with the concept of the game. I have also fowarded this grievance to 505 themselves. Hopefully they'll get the idea the game is a RENTAL. I tryed to return the game at Gamestop and they won't even take 20 bucks for it. They'll only take 16 dollars; and dropping.

Ooyah
07-13-2010, 07:35 AM
No offense taken. I have only made 2 list of grievances on games that were so terrible, I posted the actual list on here. The 1st was Army of Two: 40th Day. And Naughty Bear for the second coming. I said what I ment. Frankly, I believe I personally could do better with the concept of the game. I have also fowarded this grievance to 505 themselves. Hopefully they'll get the idea the game is a RENTAL. I tryed to return the game at Gamestop and they won't even take 20 bucks for it. They'll only take 16 dollars; and dropping.

Thanks for not exploding on me. :) I guess that I myself am feeling a bit strange when it comes to this game. Your viewpoint seems to be shared by the majority of reviewers... the game seems to be averaging around 3/10. I can see what you mean by some of your points... but for some reason, I love the game. Although, yes, your third point is a major source of frustration for me as well... I have actually taken a break from the game until they get a patch out. The game will always crash when a platinum is achieved. Overall, however, I have had a blast with it... maybe I am just really easy to please, I am not sure. One thing though, is that after playing it for two hours, I felt so disappointed with it, I felt like stopping. But after that, for some reason, it really got its hooks into me. I can see, though, that you have been playing for long enough to be sure that this is not going to happen to you!

A rather strange experience all around, I guess. Maybe it is truly a Marmite game. :)

Chathams Finest
07-13-2010, 06:17 PM
I just don't quite get what people were expecting from a game about killing teddy bears? Would more maps really make this game that much better? It's not my favorite game, and I am not a Naughty bear nut hugger, but I bought it and don't feel short changed, pretty much got what I thought I would.

Jaskier
07-13-2010, 08:15 PM
I just don't quite get what people were expecting from a game about killing teddy bears? Would more maps really make this game that much better? It's not my favorite game, and I am not a Naughty bear nut hugger, but I bought it and don't feel short changed, pretty much got what I thought I would.

My thoughts exactly, althought I do hope there will be some DLC in the future containing new scenerios and tedy types as well as new weapons and costumes.

BrutishJager
07-14-2010, 01:24 AM
First, let me start by saying that this game had a lot of potential of being a really great game, instead, it's just a great game. To my understanding, you really don't understand the difference between a developer and a publisher. So, are you saying that regardless if it's the publisher or developer, that where they're from makes it a great game or not?

1. If it's a list of grievance, why are you saying that the concept is genius and not mentioning anything negative?

2. The multiplayer is non-existent mainly because there's barely anyone playing this. Look at your friends' scores for this game. How many of them are even up there?

3. Testing won't find all the glitches, it only finds some of them. In fact, I've put about 10 hours into this game, and I haven't seen a glitch once.

4. Why? Because it's up to the developer, not the publisher. Artificial Mind and Movement came up with this, they made it, and I'm glad they did it instead of Rare. The only similarities between Conkers and this is the fact that it's violent but cute animals.

5. Thank god they aren't blizzard. We already have enough companies that try to make games as simple and easy as possible. And replay value? Diablo was the best thing you could think of?

6. Actually, video games is the right area of business for ripping people off. Play call of duty recently? It doesn't make you cool to insult a genre of music that is well loved by so many people. Rap probably has more depth to it's lyrics than whatever you listen to.

7. Maybe you should try to fix them if you think they're easy. Send them a strongly worded letter, maybe it'll do some good. Instead of posting here where they'll probably never see your list of grievances.

8. People of all ages play games of all ratings. It's rated T because it's violent. And, maybe you were drunk when writing all this. It wasn't very well written.

9. Perhaps you shouldn't get so hyped up about video games next time you want a game to be good. It's still a great game, and it's most likely your fault for the game not living up to your expectations.

10. You seem to be completely ignorant to the difference of a publisher and a developer. And, you seem even more ignorant for completely avoiding games from a big publisher. 505 has published many great hits: Cooking Mama, Armored Core, Guilty Gear, and Supreme Commander all come to mind. Your loss in my opinion.

tlozoot
07-17-2010, 12:34 AM

You forwarded that ill-worded piece of crap to the developers? You're kidding? Ever heard of constructive criticism? "Was it an animal with down syndrome?" isn't a) humourous in the slightest, or b) helpful in any way.

"So are you saying all British people love only one level where you terrorize bears?"

Oh what fantastic reasoning. Someone pass me a facepalm and a glass of something strong, because I can't quite believe failure of this sort actually exists.

(I actually agree with what you're saying about the game...aside from the baffling and cringe-worthy way you went about saying it...urgh)

thychogerbil
07-22-2010, 12:29 AM
Rare are a British company. The Conker on Xbox wasn't a sequel, it was a re-release with updated graphics, online multiplayer and much of the swearing bleeped off. The online was pretty decent, but other than that you didn't miss much. Plus, if they sold their game to Rare, it'd be 360 only, cutting out half the audience.

Megatron NM156
07-29-2010, 12:06 PM
The thing with Naughty Bear is that it should never have been a retail release. It should of been released on XBLA for 1200 points. I installed it onto my hard drive and it took less than 2 minutes to install. When i checked the hard drive it said that Naughty Bear installed game 756mb.

I installed Transformers WFC at the same time and that took 6.6gb.

I would of enjoyed Naughty Bear more if it had been on XBLA. As it stands it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth to have spent 29.99 of my hard earned money on a game that the developers have put hardly any effort into. i.e. Poor graphics, a frustratingly irritating camera and tedious repatition.

Because it was a full price retail game i will give it 1 out of 10, if it had been on XBLA it would have been 5 or 6 out of 10. :mad:

magikman79
07-30-2010, 09:20 AM
I agree the game amused me, but it WAS NOT worth the $50 price tag. prolly not even with the planned free DLC about to come out...

jamie1000013
08-09-2010, 06:26 PM
First let me start by saying the game has the potential to do so much more than the same map over and over and over again. To my understanding, 505 is in the United Kingdom somewhere. So are you saying all British people love only one level where you terrorize bears?

1. Your concept is genius. We've all wanted a little payback because we never got invited to someone's birthday party from way back when.

2. Your multiplayer is NON EXISTANT. Many a day have I sat and damned my console for connection issues when in truth you fail to provide a server with a simple standard hosting lobby.

3. Who TESTED this game? Was it an animal with down syndrome? It freezes, it glitches, and worst of all, it seems self-aware because everytime I try for a Platinum Medal in ANY Mission, it makes a priority to knock me off Xboxlive entirely.

4. Why not sell this idea to the American company Rare? If you do your homework, you'll see that rare did Conker's Bad Fur Day which was the number 1 best selling game for the nintendo 64. There was a sequel on xbox, but I'v never played it.

5. You are not Blizzard, and this is not Diablo(1,2). So your replay value is absolute garbage.

6. Your game isn't worth 50 bucks/45 qwit. If you expect us as consumers to PAY for your garbage and not your best work, perhaps you should consider a career in the music genre of Rap.

7. The problems with the game are easily fixable. You just need to work out a few bugs, get a server, and introduce more maps for murdering bears.

8. Your game is best played drunk. Seriously, why is it rated Teen when alcohol is the only thing that is going to make this gaming experience any better?

9. I am disappointed in the overall outcome of this game. You took an awesome idea and you executed it more poorly than a one legged man in a butt kicking contest.

10. I WILL NOT be making ANY more purchases from ANYTHING labeled 505 Games. I don't care if you managed to get a toaster to become self-aware and try and off every other appliance for supreme kitchen domination; you are terrible.

Whats qwit? just wandering lol. I have rented it from lovefilm but your thread is making me doubtful now lol.

Middleton92
01-06-2011, 01:28 PM
i bought this game a couple of weeks before Christmas for 20 quid. i like this game. and so does my very extended family. but it does have some issues that would need working out. i.e when moving from naughty's hut to another level it sort of jumps. if anyone else has this problem please let me know.

Big Stoz
01-06-2011, 02:05 PM
Whats qwit? just wandering lol. I have rented it from lovefilm but your thread is making me doubtful now lol.

I too rented it and thought it was a giggle for a couple of hours, it was very repetetive but amusing. I have since returned it back and looked at buying it in the sales but for some reason it is still around the 25.00 which I most definately don't think it's worth (A crying shame when you can pick up Blur for a tenner on Play.com! which is a far more superior game) will probably pick up a copy off ebay some time but won't lose sleep if it isn't added to my collection. I just got the impression the developers came up with a fun idea but couldn't expand on it....however I see Naughty Bear 2 is looming which will be interesting to see how it goes

Jellybean468
01-06-2011, 10:38 PM
I'm surprised they're making a sequel, I mean don't get me wrong I love the game, but the sales and reviews say otherwise and I'm surprised someone has actually agreed to publish the second game.

Park Diesel
04-04-2011, 01:49 AM

Wow. These type of posts always crack me up. You're, of course, entitled to your opinion but you know the saying too right? Opinions are like a$$holes, everybody has one.

There is not now, nor will there ever be, a universally agreed upon great game. You can take any best selling game ever and find a very large number of people who hate it. For something to be "good" or "great" is subjective to the individual, not true or untrue.

Personally, I like to purchase games like Naughty Bear, even if it is not what I would consider a great game, because it tells the developers it is OK to try things outside the norm. Otherwise we will be handed out more and more recycled shooters because "Hey, they sell".

If your gamertag was valid I would have checked your games to see what I could recommend, but let me suggest the following: The Halo series, the Gears of War series, The Call of Duty series. By the time you finish all those there will be ten more, just like the previous ones you can start on.

If you don't like games that are different, don't play them. And don't post your rants as if they are facts for every gamer.

ginge88isfun
04-10-2011, 12:46 PM
I have to completely disagree with all the points the original poster made, except for the bit about playing every mission/chapter/stage whatever on the same map.

Its good for an hour of fun and a few easy achievements but thats what this type of game was made for.

Trifle Pants
06-09-2011, 06:08 PM
Rare is a British company by the way.

Don't ask them to do their homework when you haven't done your own.