PDA

View Full Version : Data Transfer Cable Question

Barad
07-12-2010, 12:47 AM
So I know it can transfer save games and what not but does it also transfer all the DLC I currently have on my hardrive? and can I also re-downlaod any stiuff I have paid for in the past on my Slim? Thanks.

Corrupt.
07-12-2010, 01:01 AM
You have to transfer the licences to your new xbox, and any DLC you have downloaded once to your gamertag, you can forever re-download.

Barad
07-12-2010, 11:07 AM
Ahh ok, umm how the hell do I download the licences? and where?

Method
07-12-2010, 11:55 AM
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/licensemigration/

Barad
07-12-2010, 12:00 PM
Thank you. Thank god its a simple process.

Damian227
07-12-2010, 12:15 PM
Thanks for this, I'm about to buy the slim as I'm using the super loud old school 20GB Premium still and had been wondering the same thing ;)

Barad
07-12-2010, 10:07 PM
Thanks for this, I'm about to buy the slim as I'm using the super loud old school 20GB Premium still and had been wondering the same thing ;)

Tell me about it! and mine hasn't only been making loud noises but also the killer red lights!

gamerguy69
07-12-2010, 11:55 PM
You have to transfer the licences to your new xbox, and any DLC you have downloaded once to your gamertag, you can forever re-download.

*Forever - - as long as it is available in the Xbox LIVE Marketplace.

klokwerk
07-13-2010, 12:05 AM
You don't have to transfer the licenses to play your downloaded content. As long as you are connected to xbox live, you can play any content you have downloaded on the profile you downloaded on it. If you want to play offline or on another profile, the licenses must be transfered.

Barad
07-13-2010, 12:52 AM
You don't have to transfer the licenses to play your downloaded content. As long as you are connected to xbox live, you can play any content you have downloaded on the profile you downloaded on it. If you want to play offline or on another profile, the licenses must be transfered.

Are you sure? I was looking to play on another console you know so how would that console recognise the downlaods I have done in the past? My only intention is to allways play connected to live on my main profile anyway where I allways download my stuff on. If your right, this is great then cuz I guess I don't have to licence anything anymore..am I right?

klokwerk
07-13-2010, 01:09 AM
Are you sure? I was looking to play on another console you know so how would that console recognise the downlaods I have done in the past? My only intention is to allways play connected to live on my main profile anyway where I allways download my stuff on. If your right, this is great then cuz I guess I don't have to licence anything anymore..am I right?

Yes, you are right. Any content you download can be played by the profile it was downloaded on regardless of license status, the catch is that profile must be connected to xbox live if you did not originally download that content on the xbox your profile is on.

Barad
07-13-2010, 10:13 PM
Yes, you are right. Any content you download can be played by the profile it was downloaded on regardless of license status, the catch is that profile must be connected to xbox live if you did not originally download that content on the xbox your profile is on.

Great! Thanks for the help man :)

Boba Phil
07-15-2010, 05:15 PM
Sorry for digging this up, but I have to check a point.

OK, so I have an elite, I have Burnout, Trials, Red Faction and a couple other games, plus a load of save games. And I'm getting the slim tomorrow.

I have a 'transfer cable' to copy everything from my elite to the slim.

Do I still have to use the above link to play the games on the slim? Since I'm going to be transferring my GT over too?

I won't have to download them all again? It'll take ages.

As I said, sorry for bringing this up, I just wanna check it's all going to be OK for tomorrow.

I'm looking forward to the 'sound of silence' too. :)

Barad
07-15-2010, 09:16 PM
Sorry for digging this up, but I have to check a point.

OK, so I have an elite, I have Burnout, Trials, Red Faction and a couple other games, plus a load of save games. And I'm getting the slim tomorrow.

I have a 'transfer cable' to copy everything from my elite to the slim.

Do I still have to use the above link to play the games on the slim? Since I'm going to be transferring my GT over too?

I won't have to download them all again? It'll take ages.

As I said, sorry for bringing this up, I just wanna check it's all going to be OK for tomorrow.

I'm looking forward to the 'sound of silence' too. :)

I'm in the EXACT same situation as you man, I was also wondering the same thing but I think some of the guys above have clarrified enough that we don't have to download anything again as long as we're playing on live and on the same account as the downlaod was made on.

odd crew
07-15-2010, 10:36 PM
just so people understand if you are transfering dlc to a new console you must go to the website attached to the linkhttp://www.xbox.com/en-GB/support/drm/ so you can use it offline on the new console or so another user is able to use it hope this helps

Boba Phil
07-16-2010, 11:55 AM
OK, so I have been trying, for the past 2 hours, to move the licences, all I get is, when I click confirm, that the request cannot be carried out.

I don't want to ask if this is normal, coz I'm guess it is, but anything I can do to speed the process up? Or do I just have to keep trying?

The only thing about the 'keep trying' method is, I was told that if I don't do it with 30 minutes, it would time out.

Barad
07-18-2010, 05:23 PM
Well I just transfered all my stuff and it worked fine thank god.