PDA

View Full Version : Games not loading

Devil4444123
07-13-2010, 05:19 AM
Hey guys, I have recently been having problems with some of my games where I put the game in, wait for it to load up and it shows just a white screen with the Xbox 360 logo and words 'XBOX 360' on it. This has happened a few times before but all I had to do then was take the disc out, give it a wipe, reinsert it and it would work. I am trying to play Halo 3: ODST and am having this problem. I have tried restarting the console, taking the game out and wiping it with a soft cloth, turning the console off and inserting the game when it was off and inserting a different game to see if the problem was with the disc. The other games worked fine and I really wanted to have a go at getting some achievements for ODST. Does anyone have any ideas what to do or how this happened? Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Edit: Also on the main menu instead of 'Play Game' or 'Play Halo 3: ODST' it just shows a blank disk and the words 'Play DVD'.

Edit2: Just noticed there was a section for tech problems (since I am new to this forum) and was wondering if a mod could move this thread there or delete it and I will repost it there.

Wortsenawl
07-13-2010, 06:57 AM
Not a techy, but if it says 'play DVD' instead of the game info. then I imagine it cannot read the header section (or whatever it is called) which contains all the disc info. required for your xbox to recognise it as a game DVD. In short, the disc is screwed (or your xbox is - but then you say other games are fine, so probably the DVD).

Devil4444123
07-13-2010, 07:11 AM
Not a techy, but if it says 'play DVD' instead of the game info. then I imagine it cannot read the header section (or whatever it is called) which contains all the disc info. required for your xbox to recognise it as a game DVD. In short, the disc is screwed (or your xbox is - but then you say other games are fine, so probably the DVD).
Well after about 12 or so tries the game started up. Didn't get any cheeves for it though since I couldn't find any audio logs that I needed, even with the guide :\

Tufty
07-13-2010, 01:12 PM
Your disc tray is buggered. You could either send it off for repair, or buy a new Disc Drive for it for about 20.

This used to happen to me a lot though, I took the case off and saw that the wire was just loose, I re-connected it and after that I had no problems with it.

If you do need to buy a new drive use this site to make sure you buy the right one.

http://www.360drives.com/list

regulardrake
07-13-2010, 02:42 PM
Do you know a friend who might have ODST? If so you might try and borrow it for a day and see if it works just fine. To me it sounds l like the ODST disc you have is messed up.

ferrara316
07-13-2010, 03:53 PM
i had the same problem when i first bought the elite.. i flipped out hardcore. than i found a youtube video posting the solution. Simply load you disc into the tray, when the xbox says reading disc, take your controller and periodically TAP IT (not bash lol) on top of your console near the disc tray. Game loaded right up, havent had the problem since lol.