PDA

View Full Version : Want to start up a PODCAST

imdanshort
07-13-2010, 11:32 AM
I want to set up a gaming podcast with a few mates and maybe a community with some new people i haven't met before who can bring a good insight into discussion.

Who would be interested?

Dan :)

TsarBlandi
07-13-2010, 11:46 AM
can we has some more details like, when, how and indeed where (im in UK, timezones differ, i dont wanna be up til 3 in the morning doing it)

but im gona go out on a limb and say sure, sounds like fun

BedCommando
07-13-2010, 12:25 PM
I'd be game for it. We talking reviews, or recaps of current gaming events, or just general discussions about certain games/genres/generations etc?
I can do it all, but my specialty is from covering games from 1985-1999, as those are my favourite years in gaming so far.

ArtaxUK
07-13-2010, 12:39 PM
I'd be interested, depending on a few things;
Topics, needs to have a unique angle without being a 'SideScrollers' clone.
Availability, I really don't want to have to install iTunes.
Audio quality, there's nothing worse than hearing people breathing into the mic and with nothing normalised and that deep slightly muffled sound you get from a cheap PC desktop microphone.

When can we expect a 'pilot'? :)

guillermo316
07-13-2010, 12:40 PM
but first how would we do this? give some more details i'm in the U.S!

Hawk56
07-13-2010, 12:50 PM
I'd be keen to hear this, So you have at least an "Audience of One" - Rise Against, Anybody? :P

OhStressyJessy
07-13-2010, 02:48 PM
Half the time, unless you have a really strong following of friends or a community willing to listen to you drone on about whatever, "amateur" podcasts (as in, those not created by a professional company or group) fail miserably.

What is going to make your gaming podcast so different that I can't just go to Giant Bomb, 1up, or any of the other numerous professional gaming sites out there and listen to their reviews, opinions, and insight?

imdanshort
07-13-2010, 03:45 PM
Firstly. Thanks to everyone who has replied already.

It would be based in the UK using GMT time. We are looking to do it via skype using a sound card to capture the audio. If anybody knows a easier better way to do it please say. It will most likely be in the evening on weekdays or on a sunday afternoon. As i and my friends work as im sure most other people on this forum does, we are looking at a 7:30/8 start time for about 30mins top of talking about games and just having fun. If it ends up kicking off then we will create a website. We will uploading the podcast to mediafire and posting a link on the forums to download.

Any other questions just ask

BedCommando
07-13-2010, 05:24 PM
Firstly. Thanks to everyone who has replied already.

It would be based in the UK using GMT time. We are looking to do it via skype using a sound card to capture the audio. If anybody knows a easier better way to do it please say. It will most likely be in the evening on weekdays or on a sunday afternoon. As i and my friends work as im sure most other people on this forum does, we are looking at a 7:30/8 start time for about 30mins top of talking about games and just having fun. If it ends up kicking off then we will create a website. We will uploading the podcast to mediafire and posting a link on the forums to download.

Any other questions just ask
Could you be more specific about "talking about games". Like will there be a 'Genre of the week' or "Developer of the week" that we'd talk about? Or just whatever comes out of our mouths?

TsarBlandi
07-14-2010, 06:47 AM
that sounds sweet, just have to get skype....