PDA

View Full Version : Character moving without touching the stick?

VladimirK
07-13-2010, 11:35 AM
I looked through the forum and couldn't see this.

Is anyone having the problem of walking/running then it just keeps doing it after you release the analogue stick?
(Or even know of a fix?)

I think I would enjoy the game a lot more if it wasn't for this, it's actually really irritating since you might want to stop at a specific bit or you start aiming and you keep moving.

RadiantViper
07-13-2010, 11:38 AM
I had the exact same problem, it was getting pretty annoying. However, when using a different controller it never happens to me. I'm guessing my old controller's left joystick is just a little wonky.

Nitnoid
07-13-2010, 02:51 PM
Same problem here so I got a new controller. Fixed that and even the aiming is smoother. Those thumbsticks wear out over time.

Nozza XBA
07-13-2010, 02:58 PM
YOu've probably got a controller thats going downhill..

Mine do it and they get a little stuck in the up postion ever so slightly, meaning when I let go my character still moves forwards slowly..

Get annoying when you want to stop at certain points to not die or get caught but then I walk around the corner or off the edge lol

Mike Conno
07-14-2010, 08:45 AM
Mine also did the same thing.

But I find it hard to believe that all of our controllers have problems, because in my case this is the only game where it happens. And only when I go Left. Never did it happen to me when moving forward or to the Right.

Hmmm, I guess I did find a glitch after all.

And BTW, VladimirK...

This topic has been mention before, but it was a long time ago and was buried under a lot of other things. I can't even find it myself (and I think I posted in it) so, no wonder you didn't either.

jpsimon96
07-14-2010, 09:12 AM
I've had that prob for a while now i always thought it was my controller.

RadiantViper
07-14-2010, 10:47 AM
Mine also did the same thing.

But I find it hard to believe that all of our controllers have problems, because in my case this is the only game where it happens. And only when I go Left. Never did it happen to me when moving forward or to the Right.

Hmmm, I guess I did find a glitch after all.

And BTW, VladimirK...

This topic has been mention before, but it was a long time ago and was buried under a lot of other things. I can't even find it myself (and I think I posted in it) so, no wonder you didn't either.

Actually, I had a similar problem in Dragon Age, and it was also fixed when I started using a different controller.

Ratso33
07-15-2010, 01:13 PM
Actually, I had a similar problem in Dragon Age, and it was also fixed when I started using a different controller.

Thats a bit bizarre as i had the exact same problem in both AP and Dragon age ( but not the other games i'm playing at the mo' ) aswell over the last few weeks assumed it was my controller but hopefully thats all fixed now as a friend is taking advantage of the GAME elite/elite s trade-in deal and we thought they might aswell get my older controller rather than one of his that works properly

decaying dead
07-18-2010, 05:10 AM
does it with mine as well. Only to the left on my current controller. using my really old controller(bad condition), it does it to the left, up, and all aspects between those directions on the joystick, so it does depend on the condition of the controller for part of it. and i have noticed about how i play games, i tend to push on the joystick harder to the left when playing, mainly cuz the joystick is in the left hand, its just how my habits are. but there were a few other games that it happens for and not others. i think it has to do with the games general sensitivity for the movement... games that give you more control over how fast you move seem to have this happen, so maybe its just a mixture of game sensitivity and worn out controllers?

xI MrBubbles Ix
07-24-2010, 06:53 PM
Mine did it aswell but was my RS stick which ment sniping on cod got annoying when it kept raising my scope ! But then I bought the new slim and fixed the problem also the triggers feel well more sensitive :)

Taegost
08-03-2010, 10:19 PM
This is an issue I've noticed with games made by Obsidian and Bioware. Some controllers will pull to the left (always left) even though they work perfectly fine in all other games.
Every time I start having this issue I buy a new controller since I mostly play RPGs, and in games like this, it really f's up my gaming :)
So far I've had the Wal-Mart dragon controller for about 2 years with no issue *knock on wood*.
It doesn't seem to matter the condition of the controller, but I have a suspicion that the battery may play a part, since I have a Nyko battery that only works perfectly in 1 controller, in all other controllers they either don't sync, or go wonky and do funny things...

Blueprotoss
08-04-2010, 11:57 PM
This is an issue I've noticed with games made by Obsidian and Bioware. Some controllers will pull to the left (always left) even though they work perfectly fine in all other games.
Every time I start having this issue I buy a new controller since I mostly play RPGs, and in games like this, it really f's up my gaming :)
So far I've had the Wal-Mart dragon controller for about 2 years with no issue *knock on wood*.
It doesn't seem to matter the condition of the controller, but I have a suspicion that the battery may play a part, since I have a Nyko battery that only works perfectly in 1 controller, in all other controllers they either don't sync, or go wonky and do funny things... Lots of games have this problem on the 360 while I haven't had that problem with ME or AP *knock on wood*. The problem is a part of the code while it mainly appears in RPGs for the 360. Its a simple problem whie I'm glad that I only needed to buy one controller because my wire died for my Wired controller.

Wildcats 418
09-03-2010, 04:41 AM
i got a good laugh at these posts THANKS GUYS grand theft auto IV was ALSO sensitive to the over worked left stick PROTOTYPE is really bad sensitive

Holiday9357
09-11-2010, 01:43 AM
I've had similiar problems while playing Bioshock and Borderlands that were fixed with a new controller.

piwo4me
09-13-2010, 02:11 AM
Just means you need a new controller.

superj0int420
09-15-2010, 05:12 PM
I doubt I need a new controller when I just bought it last week and rented this game today. I do believe that it is the game because everyone thats posted to this minus the "you just need a new controller" comments had the same issue, I think that its just the game being just a bit sensitive ive only noticed it when im up against a wall and moving toward it

Blueprotoss
09-25-2010, 01:56 AM
I doubt I need a new controller when I just bought it last week and rented this game today. I do believe that it is the game because everyone thats posted to this minus the "you just need a new controller" comments had the same issue, I think that its just the game being just a bit sensitive ive only noticed it when im up against a wall and moving toward itA lot of games do this while the problem is in the coding of 360 games. You either need to buy another new controller or deal with it.

Gillanaut
10-03-2010, 10:42 PM
Ive been having the problem with all of my controllers. The stick seems to get worn out really quickly on all of them... I havent played this game (i just got it) but i will post if i have the issue too