PDA

View Full Version : I don't seem to play well with others...

Boba Phil
07-13-2010, 03:06 PM
I don't appear to play on line very much. :) I know most people love PvP, but I can't stand it, as this shows...

http://www.thestf.com/GeeSig/IMG_0152.JPG

I have Gold, have done for the past 3 years odd.

Am I abnormal?

PointPlaceWI
07-13-2010, 03:11 PM
No? Not everyone who has gold has to play some sort of COD of Halo every day. I do play online with friends but usually just as a short break in between all the single player games I play because I get tired of dealing with idiots on the internet.

UK Dennis
07-13-2010, 03:18 PM
Most of the games i buy need to have multiplayer, so it gives me more re-playability. However when i do play with friends in, lets say CoD, i don't do very well. I play better on my own, it seems they distract me some what :p

Infection Ftw
07-13-2010, 03:19 PM
439 days is a bit much. Although I'm shocked now I check my own BFBC2 44 days ago.

Boba Phil
07-13-2010, 03:42 PM
Further down was over 2 years ago.

I have played PvP, but as someone said, there's too many 'morons' out there to enjoy it. And I suck at it, which I know and I don't need to have screamed in my ear.

spyder2g
07-13-2010, 04:06 PM
Ive got gold and I hate online multi with strangers and I don't have very many friends who do either. My goal is to get to 100k GS without EVER having a full 5 star rep.

OhStressyJessy
07-13-2010, 04:14 PM
Eh. I often only play online with people I know. I think a lot of people are turned off by how rude and annoying some players can be on Live (myself included), so you're def. not alone.

There's also nothing wrong with this. Don't think you're abnormal for wanting to play by yourself. Sometimes games create the perfect escape from other people... why spoil that moment with some asshole screaming "FAGGOT" in your ear?

Phiggins81
07-13-2010, 04:18 PM
This is my first year of gold and have only done a few games online, just to try them out.
Like what has previously been said, i'm no good against other human opponents and having it screamed in my ears only puts me off due to not being bothered about any game enough to carry on.

Ive got gold and I hate online multi with strangers and I don't have very many friends who do either. My goal is to get to 100k GS without EVER having a full 5 star rep.

And I don't know how to break it to you spyder, but have you seen your gamercard?

Boba Phil
07-13-2010, 04:22 PM
Playing by yourself just doesn't sound right, lol.

And, the one or two times I did play COD with a couple of mates, I just remember two teenage Americans kids that just kept shouting '9/11!!! TWIN TOWERS!' over and over. It was odd and disturbing.

Thanks for making me feel better though. I know a lot of people like PvP for the replay value, but I like the change more, once I'm done with a game, why go back to it? :)

master_shake_350
07-13-2010, 04:52 PM
Dam I thought I haven't played online in a while with 63 days when my last game was online! I don't even have gold dude!

Opiate42
07-13-2010, 04:57 PM
I DO love being able to mute people LOL! Lobby rappers are the funniest, most useless gits ever.

Co-Op v. AI wave defense like Firefight, Horde and Zombies is way more fun and I'm a sucker for a good fun campaign.

KeepEmRolling
07-13-2010, 05:18 PM
I rarely play online with random people for reasons already mentioned. On a game like COD change rarely to never.

JAW LV
07-13-2010, 05:25 PM
Not weird at all, I avoided games with heavy mp cheeves/content for a long time. I got too aggrevated with some of the assholes that I had to endure playing with online. But lately I have started up online mp games, like GOW2, by finding players here who were looking for help on the same cheeves as me.

vettestingr68
07-13-2010, 05:32 PM
I have come to accept that I will probably never get most of the online achievements in the video games I play. I tried playing red dead online most recently. It didn't go well at all. I joined 3 different servers and there was always someone in the server that would kill me within the first 30 seconds of me spawning. I really don't enjoy it at all and I'm not going to let the online aspect ruin a game for me, so I just don't play it anymore. I only every play online with friends and 9 times out of 10, the game is coop.

PhantomNemesis
07-13-2010, 05:44 PM
There's nothing bad about it. I've been staying offline in favour of single player games a lot lately as well, just not as long as you have.

The attitude of others is definitely a turn-off, although I wasn't that kind when I played myself. :chair

My suggestion, exhaust all your single player fun then try some online games again, maybe something not so mainstream as Halo or CoD since that might attract the most bad players.

gamerguy69
07-13-2010, 05:53 PM
It seems like a such a big waste to have a Gold account and NOT play online for months at a time. Wow.

I once saw a guy on my Friends List who was SILVER for a few weeks and offline. One night he connects. I assume he is still SILVER. I don't check his gamercard. A few minutes later he is signed in again so I check and he is now GOLD. He then proceeds to go into a single player game for . . . I don't remember, something like Bioshock 2 or Mass Effect. Even later on he is online in "AWAY" status at the main menu of the game for 6+ hours.

Do people generally think that they can't earn achievements or play when they are SILVER? :confused:

Boba Phil
07-13-2010, 05:53 PM
I don't think I even wanna try COD or Halo multi, since everyone who plays a lot can level up...I'm crap enough as it is! :)

Although, I did buy/dl Burnout, maybe I should give that a try.

And, in the past, the on-line I have played has been co-op and tremendous fun, even with strangers, as long as they are 'nice' enough.

Also, can I just mention it, since I don't like PvP, it bugs me when they release a demo that's 'Multi-player only'...since I never even want to try it. :(

BS411
07-13-2010, 06:01 PM
I like playing multiplayer but once in a while i'll get tired of MP games and just play RPG's or SP games for a week or so.

Tufty
07-13-2010, 06:04 PM

Too late, looks like some of your friends gave you some feedback.

EmporerDragon
07-13-2010, 06:05 PM
I don't think I even wanna try COD or Halo multi, since everyone who plays a lot can level up...I'm crap enough as it is! :)

Though with halo, when playing ranked, it tries to match you up with people around your skill level, and social matches are just for fun, so there's not as much pressure on winning.

Besides, If you want to get better at a game, you actually need to play it.

discomartin
07-13-2010, 06:06 PM
I don't play online multiplayer much either really. Before playing 12 vs 12 Tiger Woods with people on here the other day, my last online interaction with people was 35 days ago on Red Dead.

For me you can't beat just playing with a group of friends but it seems my friends don't seem to buy the same games that I do :(

Coldgears
07-13-2010, 06:07 PM
Funny, I love when people argue and scream in my ear. It's just hilarious. I remember this one time when these two guys were arguing in gears... I couldn't stop laughing.

VirtualShakey
07-13-2010, 06:10 PM
Nope everyone is different, but i do believe that most people now play too much Modern Warfare 2 online, some people have just missed the campaign itself out completely!!!

:O

Elit3 m0nkey
07-13-2010, 06:13 PM
I have come to accept that I will probably never get most of the online achievements in the video games I play. I tried playing red dead online most recently. It didn't go well at all. I joined 3 different servers and there was always someone in the server that would kill me within the first 30 seconds of me spawning. I really don't enjoy it at all and I'm not going to let the online aspect ruin a game for me, so I just don't play it anymore. I only every play online with friends and 9 times out of 10, the game is coop.

The same thing happens to me if I don't play with my friends.

I rarely play MP now because I am bored if I am not playing with my friends, which is rare because they play every game but the one I am. So it can be annoying sometimes. And like other people have said, there are a lot of annoying people on LIVE compared to when I joined nearly 3 years ago.

Starstrukk X360A
07-13-2010, 06:14 PM
You have Gold and haven't played online in almost a year.

Hodamn. (:

I completely understand though; I mean, I have gold and I don't either.

Boba Phil
07-13-2010, 06:47 PM
I know each game has a forum section to ask for help...I'm on Crackdown 2 at the moment and need some help, but so far, no one has come forward.

Is there a section in these forums for 'People who only want to play co-op and not PvP'?

If not, can we start one. I'm a nicely mannered person (if I do say so myself), who is looking for, like minded people, to just be able to link up and play a little co-op without having to try and be 'elite' about it all.

spyder2g
07-13-2010, 07:02 PM
This is my first year of gold and have only done a few games online, just to try them out.
Like what has previously been said, i'm no good against other human opponents and having it screamed in my ears only puts me off due to not being bothered about any game enough to carry on.

And I don't know how to break it to you spyder, but have you seen your gamercard?

You gotta get a good look at it, or go to xboxamerica to get the actual numbers. Sittin just above 95% baby! ;)

CodSteaks
07-13-2010, 07:04 PM
I don't play MP much at all, but I like having the option. I do use Netflix almost daily, and Last.FM pretty regularly, so I definitely consider Gold to be worth it.

spyder2g
07-13-2010, 07:06 PM
Too late, looks like some of your friends gave you some feedback.

Still not there! Go look at it on xbox. LOOK CLOSELY ;)

Blah 2k
07-13-2010, 07:08 PM
Eh. I often only play online with people I know. I think a lot of people are turned off by how rude and annoying some players can be on Live (myself included), so you're def. not alone.

There's also nothing wrong with this. Don't think you're abnormal for wanting to play by yourself. Sometimes games create the perfect escape from other people... why spoil that moment with some asshole screaming "FAGGOT" in your ear?

What he said. There's nothing wrong with avoiding assholes.

KeepEmRolling
07-13-2010, 07:14 PM
I know each game has a forum section to ask for help...I'm on Crackdown 2 at the moment and need some help, but so far, no one has come forward.

Is there a section in these forums for 'People who only want to play co-op and not PvP'?

If not, can we start one. I'm a nicely mannered person (if I do say so myself), who is looking for, like minded people, to just be able to link up and play a little co-op without having to try and be 'elite' about it all.

You can always go into the board for the game you're playing and post a thread looking for co op partners. You'll find a lot of great people on this site who also like to play the way that you do. :)

Tufty
07-13-2010, 08:05 PM
Still not there! Go look at it on xbox. LOOK CLOSELY ;)

My mistake, it was just the x360a gamercard. It's still pretty close though.

Opiate42
07-13-2010, 08:11 PM
Also, can I just mention it, since I don't like PvP, it bugs me when they release a demo that's 'Multi-player only'...since I never even want to try it. :(

Yah !! I hate those, you never really get a feel for the meat of a game just from an MP demo.

RuYi
07-13-2010, 09:04 PM
I don't appear to play on line very much. :) I know most people love PvP, but I can't stand it, as this shows...

http://www.thestf.com/GeeSig/IMG_0152.JPG

I have Gold, have done for the past 3 years odd.

Am I abnormal?
I don't know. I tend to avoid online play because I dislike playing with strangers, so the few times I play online it's with people in my friendlist.

Boba Phil
07-13-2010, 09:40 PM
Well, tonight I broke the list...I played with two other guys on Crackdown 2 for a couple of hours.

We did a few missions, then headed out to get some cheeves. Had a very pleasant time with the both of them, we all had a good laugh and it was fun, mostly likely coz we wasn't trying to kill each other.

Opiate42
07-13-2010, 09:52 PM
Well, tonight I broke the list...I played with two other guys on Crackdown 2 for a couple of hours.

We did a few missions, then headed out to get some cheeves. Had a very pleasant time with the both of them, we all had a good laugh and it was fun, mostly likely coz we wasn't trying to kill each other.

Yay for CO-OP!!

Corrupt.
07-13-2010, 11:22 PM
I normally play SP for a while, but if I get stuck, bored I will go MP for a while for something different...

wexnlex
07-13-2010, 11:31 PM
Ahh well you aren't missing too much, I mean, depending on who you are playing with it can be fun.

For Example, I've been playing Bad Company again to work on some awards and my 10001 kills, and it seems lke every time I am running for a Helo or the Howlitzer some damn kid on my own squad TKs me to take it over.

I really like the guys who kill me for the chopper take off in it and promptly crash it.

altrikdout21
07-14-2010, 12:01 AM
That is odd. My 87% avoidance rating says I don't play well with others but I do...haaha

montana97
07-14-2010, 03:01 AM
Im just tired of playing with screaming idiots. One kid in mw2 would read out his entire contacts list from his mobile phone all game long.

DarkReign2021
07-14-2010, 03:49 AM
My online play is mostly limited to achievement hunting only. Every now and than I get bored and will play a couple matches in Halo 3 and Uno or help other people with achievements I no longer need, but otherwise I don't even touch online gameplay. My only exception is Borderlands since I have a few buddies that don't do anything else but play it. But I ended up maxing out 5 characters and getting 100% of the achievements before I even set foot online in that game so it's not necessary to have online play to make a game fun.

Andy Shandy
07-14-2010, 04:52 AM
Although I personally like to mix between SP and MP on games, I can see why you don't go on PvP often...Anonymity tends to bring out the worst in people, which is why whenever I'm not online with mates, I tend to mute most people after a couple of games

The Dukenator
07-14-2010, 05:21 AM
I don't play online very much.

GhOsT SLaYeR
07-14-2010, 05:43 AM
that's a large gap for not playing online.. lol

I usually play PvP unless I'm into a SP game which I still prefer gold so I can go into party chat.

RyanLightblade
07-14-2010, 07:23 AM
I don't play online much either, and if I do, it's mainly co-op with people on my friends list. I did spend a couple of weeks playing against people in Scene-It BOS.

I did break the 100,000 mark with only 3 stars rep. :woop:
By the time I reach 200,000, I may still only have 3 stars, lol.

FFFreak1129
07-14-2010, 10:53 AM
I don't think its weird at all. I go on Live to have fun, not to deal with people who just drop the f bomb every other word or just talk trash.

When I do play MP its with friends. I do sometimes play with randoms, but thats rare nowadays. Usually only when theres a MP demo out that I want to try. In those cases I just plug the mic in and put it on the bed.

Xylon Uxkid
07-14-2010, 02:42 PM
That's normal. I am not a huge fan of online gaming, but I play every now and then, mostly when a new game is released. Right now Im playing Bioshock 2 (PC version) online but that's cause I do not have my 360 with me right now.

spyder2g
07-14-2010, 03:47 PM
I don't play online much either, and if I do, it's mainly co-op with people on my friends list. I did spend a couple of weeks playing against people in Scene-It BOS.

I did break the 100,000 mark with only 3 stars rep. :woop:
By the time I reach 200,000, I may still only have 3 stars, lol.

You sir, are my hero. ;)

guillermo316
07-14-2010, 03:53 PM
How do you get the online achievements for any Mp game?

Boba Phil
07-14-2010, 04:52 PM
How do you get the online achievements for any Mp game?

I don't. Some games I play for the cheeves (Avatar :o), some for the shear joy of playing then (like a good epic RPG). It does bug me sometimes that some of the cheeves are ONLY on line ones, but I get what I can in SP and trade the game on.

Some game that are pretty much all about the MP, I don't even bother playing.

Damian227
07-14-2010, 06:39 PM
I DO love being able to mute people LOL! Lobby rappers are the funniest, most useless gits ever. .

I've come across a couple of these, usually sound like they're 10 year, fat white kids... does make me cringe being I've been rapping for 6 years lol.

I have to say that the trash talking annoys me more, hearing the same little turds acting tough, to impress their cyber live buddies who also think they're cool.... Though it frustrates me more when they beat me badly :(

FilteredWater95
07-14-2010, 06:52 PM
I have gold but the only thing I really use it for is so I can be in party chat with my friends and play some games with them. However, with me being the last of my closest friends to get XBL, I don't have too many of the games they play. (I guess I need to get a hold of CoD: WaW.) I do play Uno online occasionally, but I never really talk, or even plug my mic in. I did play Halo 3 online once, but I'm trying to focus on finishing BioShock before playing online too much. I'll probably play Beautiful Katamari online once I get a hold of that game!

lordthrash
07-14-2010, 09:09 PM
I HATE MULTIPLAYER ACHIEVEMENTS!!! That being said i only play online with friends. I do try for achievements( working on transformers: revenge of the fallen) sometimes but rarely find anyone who has a good attitude and is willing to help me with achievements. I have helped alot of people get achievements only to be laughed at and usually killed when it is my turn to get an achievement. For all my troubles in helping people all i have gotten in return is bad feedback. I even got bad feedback for being disruptive when i wasn't even talking, my mic was even muted at the time! In my experience most people online are assholes but sometimes you do find someone who is cool and is willing to trade achievements or help you get something that they have already, i actually met a couple of my friends this way!! All i can say is try to make yourself play some and maybe you'll get lucky enough to find some pretty cool people. Who knows? I'd help you with Crackdown if i could but i don't have that game, sorry!

Boba Phil
07-14-2010, 09:29 PM
...I'd help you with Crackdown if i could but i don't have that game, sorry!

No worries, I've found a few nice people on the forum that have helped out. And people who I helped and then helped me out.

There are nice people out there still. The light still shines!

ARZ
07-16-2010, 07:20 PM
Nothing odd about it. I've been a Live member for a long time and only play with people I know IRL. I "broke out" a bit with CoD:MW - but stopped about 6 months after release because of many of the people on there.

When people I know aren't on to play, msg boards are a great place to find some good gaming partners. I may give it another go with the new Halo...the matchmaking sounds very promising.

OldSkoolGamer
07-17-2010, 05:59 AM
I also don't like to play online, unless it's with a real life friend. Other than that, the only time I want to play online is to boost for achievements.

Burning Karma
07-17-2010, 04:25 PM
I don't. Some games I play for the cheeves (Avatar :o), some for the shear joy of playing then (like a good epic RPG). It does bug me sometimes that some of the cheeves are ONLY on line ones, but I get what I can in SP and trade the game on.

Some game that are pretty much all about the MP, I don't even bother playing.
You could always boost them with the nice people here on x360a! :)

Anywho, I understand why you wouldn't want to play online, but I really enjoy it. To each their own.

Btw, I love your sig. :biglaugh

Boba Phil
07-17-2010, 04:33 PM
You could always boost them with the nice people here on x360a! :)

Anywho, I understand why you wouldn't want to play online, but I really enjoy it. To each their own.

Btw, I love your sig. :biglaugh

It is each to their own...everyone being different is what makes the world an interesting place. :)

And thank you, I haven't made one in ages, I used to make animated ones, but I've not in a while...I might have to on this one. ;)

RenegadeFlanker
07-17-2010, 04:52 PM
yes you are abnormal, lol you need a silver membership