PDA

View Full Version : Do They Think I've Cheat? :O

That GS Noob
07-13-2010, 03:52 PM
Hey Guys,

I'm a moderate fan of GS and I read somewhere here on the forums that if you unlock an Achievement offline then technically I could of done anything to cheat, glitch or mod to get that achievement. Now, I'm am certainly no glitcher, modder, etc. In order for me to sign up for a 100% club do all the achievements online? If so, Sad Face here --> ): Thanks for your time :D

Coldgears
07-13-2010, 03:56 PM
Hey Guys,

I'm a moderate fan of GS and I read somewhere here on the forums that if you unlock an Achievement offline then technically I could of done anything to cheat, glitch or mod to get that achievement. Now, I'm am certainly no glitcher, modder, etc. In order for me to sign up for a 100% club do all the achievements online? If so, Sad Face here --> ): Thanks for your time :D
Nope, no issue with getting them offline. So long as they are multiplayer achievements, obviously they need to be done online. No way you are going to get achievement reset, there are thousands of GS modders that haven't been caught (MS doesn't care) so why would they come after you?

That GS Noob
07-13-2010, 03:58 PM
Nope, no issue with getting them offline. So long as they are multiplayer achievements, obviously they need to be done online. No way you are going to get achievement reset, there are thousands of GS modders that haven't been caught (MS doesn't care) so why would they come after you?
Haha thanks (: I was just checking because im looking towards the Portal : Still Alive 100% club just 47 more posts :D Thanks

veece16
07-13-2010, 03:59 PM
You're completely fine. A couple years ago I was playing Gears of War while it was storming and got some achievements offline, so don't worry.

Nozza XBA
07-13-2010, 03:59 PM
Hey Guys,

To sign up to these leaderboards all Chieves need to be unlocked online..

Having achievements unlocked offline does not mean you're a cheat in any way! I've unlocked chieves offline and I'm still here. Its when you look at someones GT and it it looks suspicious.

Like - You look at someones GT like your or mine and you'll have 59 out 59 chieves unlocked but no:59 is offline... So what? But when you look at another GT and all the chieves are unlocked offline (so no game stamp) and they have XBL then its looks like they have.. Same goes for getting MP chieves offline.. That points to a hacker!

People with massive GS as well and again chieves unlocked manily offline points towards a hacker!

Unfortunately though for this site you need all online to get on the leaderboards!

That GS Noob
07-13-2010, 04:11 PM

Having achievements unlocked offline does not mean you're a cheat in any way! I've unlocked chieves offline and I'm still here. Its when you look at someones GT and it it looks suspicious.

Like - You look at someones GT like your or mine and you'll have 59 out 59 chieves unlocked but no:59 is offline... So what? But when you look at another GT and all the chieves are unlocked offline (so no game stamp) and they have XBL then its looks like they have.. Same goes for getting MP chieves offline.. That points to a hacker!

People with massive GS as well and again chieves unlocked manily offline points towards a hacker!

Unfortunately though for this site you need all online to get on the leaderboards!
But what about those people who earn never had XBL and massed up there GS to lets say 8000. Once they buy XBL would they be seen here on the forums as suspicious?

JAW LV
07-13-2010, 04:20 PM
But what about those people who earn never had XBL and massed up there GS to lets say 8000. Once they buy XBL would they be seen here on the forums as suspicious?

Shouldn't be, I have had an xbox for a bit over a year now but didn't get online until about 4 months ago. Before going online my score was just over 20k; so with that said you can get plenty of cheeves offline. Any of my online cheeves that I have gotten recently have date/time stamps on them. Those people that have online cheeves that don't have the date/time stamps are the ones that are suspicious.

Coldgears
07-13-2010, 04:22 PM

I know hundreds of people that unlocked an achievement offline that is a multiplayer achievement. It's a cheat of sorts. The achievement for winning a game of halo wars that has been matchmade. If you unplug your ethernet cord as soon as the game starts you unlock it as you technically "won" as the game believes the other player quit when it was you who actually quit.

That GS Noob
07-13-2010, 04:22 PM
Shouldn't be, I have had an xbox for a bit over a year now but didn't get online until about 4 months ago. Before going online my score was just over 20k; so with that said you can get plenty of cheeves offline. Any of my online cheeves that I have gotten recently have date/time stamps on them. Those people that have online cheeves that don't have the date/time stamps are the ones that are suspicious.
Oh ok sweet then (: Thanks

Tufty
07-13-2010, 04:33 PM
I know hundreds of people that unlocked an achievement offline that is a multiplayer achievement. It's a cheat of sorts. The achievement for winning a game of halo wars that has been matchmade. If you unplug your ethernet cord as soon as the game starts you unlock it as you technically "won" as the game believes the other player quit when it was you who actually quit.

Even if you do that you're eligible of a correction (Gamerscore reset) because you're obtaining the achievement by avoiding gameplay.

andami
07-13-2010, 04:48 PM
Actually, that's not true. The rules have changed, and now you only need 50% of your achievements earned online.

master_shake_350
07-13-2010, 04:50 PM

I think you have to have the majority of the achievements time stamped.

I have achievements unlocked in Crash Of The Titans online and offline and I am in the 100% club.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=41795

Also check my xbox.com stats for the list.

Coldgears
07-13-2010, 04:51 PM
Even if you do that you're eligible of a correction (Gamerscore reset) because you're obtaining the achievement by avoiding gameplay.
Good thing I boosted with a friend for that one then.:woop:

wexnlex
07-13-2010, 11:23 PM
Offline achievements are OK.

Just don't be like this guy..lol

http://live.xbox.com/en-US/profile/profile.aspx?pp=0&GamerTag=machomason24

Decabo
07-14-2010, 06:13 AM
Great job with the thread title bro. Getting achievements offline shouldn't be a big deal.

The Dukenator
07-14-2010, 06:53 AM
Offline achievements are OK.

Just don't be like this guy..lol

http://live.xbox.com/en-US/profile/profile.aspx?pp=0&GamerTag=machomason24
How the hell did he unlock all the achievements offline?
There's no way to do that for the multiplayer.

Someone wrote a script for Webmonkey called Achievement Timestamps. It replaces dates on achievements with timestamps. This is only viewable on Xbox.com.

xxxANTNEExxx
07-15-2010, 06:34 PM
^^^^ It's called Grease Monkey. Not trying to be A d*ckhead. I only corrected you, in case someone wanted the add-on . I love the program. Helps with my OCD. I like it cause I can see how long an achievement took me compared to one of my friends. But it makes it real easy to spot a cheat - especially when they have 9 or 10 achievements pop at the same time. Don't get me wrong I know it's possible to unlock more than one at a time but seeing the time stamp makes it a little obvious who the cheats are.

CodSteaks
07-15-2010, 07:15 PM

Yeah, I don't think that's true either. I've signed up on the leaderboards on this site and I've never seen anything saying all achievements need to be acquired online. In fact, that wouldn't really be fair to expect of anyone. What if you're playing a single player game and your internet connection suddenly drops right before you get an achievement, or you miss the message saying you're no longer signed in to Xbox Live because you're up getting a drink or something? No time stamp and no way to take it back, but the achievement is still 100% legit. Time stamps are a quick and easy way to see the achievements were acquired legally, but there are other ways of verifying legitimacy if it comes into question.

wexnlex
07-15-2010, 08:36 PM
Yeah, I don't think that's true either. I've signed up on the leaderboards on this site and I've never seen anything saying all achievements need to be acquired online. In fact, that wouldn't really be fair to expect of anyone. What if you're playing a single player game and your internet connection suddenly drops right before you get an achievement, or you miss the message saying you're no longer signed in to Xbox Live because you're up getting a drink or something? No time stamp and no way to take it back, but the achievement is still 100% legit. Time stamps are a quick and easy way to see the achievements were acquired legally, but there are other ways of verifying legitimacy if it comes into question.

Exactly like on my Street Fighter 4 achievements that I killed my wrists for..

I unlocked "Solid Gold" offline somehow I am not sure why I wasn't connected.. and the description is "Get a gold medal in all challenges", and it's before "No Challenge too hard" on my card, which is complete all challenges. Allthough the "No challenge too hard" one is for the Combo trials and not the time attack/survival challenges which unlocks "Solid gold"

But I don't worry about it because if I could do the combo challenges then "Solid gold" would be easy. It is just a poorly worded achievement and I know the enforcement team knows this soooo I don't lose sleep over it lol.

As I've said soo many times legit is legit and they know by many factors. Blah thats a confusing mouth full but it's a 1 on my post count =]

Edit: I think the SF4 one is called Gold Standard and I am confusing it with Solid Gold from Forza 3, which was another time-sink achievement,

Spanish Assault
07-15-2010, 09:19 PM

You dont have too...I used to share my inetrnet with the pc so when my wife wanted to get online I had to play offline. I'm on the leaderbords with some achievemnts offline.

Aceman417
07-16-2010, 10:06 AM
I reckon it is a bit stupid that you need some timestamps on your games because if your someone like me that doesn't play single player games while online (can only have computer or xbox on internet at one time). This is because I also have to share the net with mum and brother. When i get the net I want to use it for online games, not making sure I can get onto the leaderboards.