PDA

View Full Version : Having network problem seeking help

SilentDeadSea
07-14-2010, 12:20 AM
Ok so I have the 360 slim and the other day the nat type was strict but i when through my router settings and fixed it but now a couple days later it has happened again. tried every solution the support site suggested and still no luck. Anyone know what i should do or anything that may help?

The Dukenator
07-14-2010, 04:09 AM
Did you try opening ports?

Is your router supported for Xbox Live? - http://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/nxe/xboxlive/getconnected/CompatibleNetworkEquipment/CompatibleNetworkingEquipment.aspx

Does your router have the latest firmware?

SilentDeadSea
07-14-2010, 05:06 AM
My cousin uses my old 360 and the same router and internet and whatnot. so i know my router works with xbox live. its my slim that cant connect. it does every once in a while but disconnects me immediately.

The Dukenator
07-14-2010, 05:09 AM
what other devices are connected to your router?
From the sounds of it, there is an ip address conflict.

SilentDeadSea
07-14-2010, 06:07 AM
Its connected to a comp and an ipod touch and the 2 360s and a laptop. but normally just 2 are using the internet at atime.

The Dukenator
07-14-2010, 08:42 AM
I'm running a PC & 360 at the same time, but I reserved the ips of both.
This way I would not have ip conflicts.

This is how its currently set up:
Router: *.*.1.1
PC: *.*.1.2
360: *.*.1.3

Both 360 & PC ips would be swapped every time they connected to the router, so I reserved both of their ips to avoid this issue.
Basically, if 2 or more devices use the internet at a time, there may be ip conflicts. Same ip used more than one device at the same time.