PDA

View Full Version : Was the DLC worth 800 MS in ur opinion?

Bcleal
07-14-2010, 03:43 AM
My opinion i had alot of fun with this dlc i thought it was well thought out and enjoyable to play so i thought it was worth it,just wanted to see other peoples opinions.

Malkaiah
07-14-2010, 06:31 PM
Very much worth it, second best of the DLCs so far in my opinion.

Though I still don't believe we should pay for DLC unless it attains a status to be deemed a whole extra gaming experience, like an expansion pack you'd buy for a PC game to get a decent amount of gameplay from. But that's another story. :)

Doc SlapChop
07-16-2010, 03:22 AM
Definitely. Granted, the Braaaaaaaaaaaaains chain was a pain in the neck, but the tongue in cheek humor that makes Borderlands so awesome is in Zombie Island in spades. Anyone reading this thread trying to decide if they are going to pick it up, quit reading and get downloading!

TyRex420
07-16-2010, 04:45 AM
the dlc is totaly worth the money

I Redbush I
07-16-2010, 11:15 AM
definitely worth it, already done 2 playthroughs of it with my lvl 61 and plan on it again with my other main character....buy it if you havent already

nappster187
07-16-2010, 12:55 PM
I thought it was worth it... the undedome wasnt

a few other games I thought were a rip off were the halo wars dlc and cod mw2 map packs

Deadly Moves
07-16-2010, 01:12 PM
Zombie Island - Yes
Moxxi's Underdome - NO! its worth 400http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h34/deadlyed/xbox%20buttons/MSPIcon.jpg IMO
General Knoxx - Definately worth it

Ive done at least 5 playthroughs of all the dlc bar Moxxi's, which i will probably never do a 2nd time. Least it has the item bank :)

Malkaiah
07-17-2010, 12:45 PM
Moxxi's, which i will probably never do a 2nd time. Least it has the item bank :)

Not to mention two free skill points, made it a little more tolerable for me. :)

Boiled Frogs
08-05-2010, 02:26 AM
it was definitely worth the 400 points i paid for it thanks to xbox deals :)

hockbird 69
08-07-2010, 03:17 AM
Zombie island is lots of fun, but it is kind of short. Also there are some pretty funny parts.

KashThePriest
08-08-2010, 04:24 PM
I got it on the dotw so it was well worth the 400, I thought it was excellent that if I had spent 800, it still woulda been worth it

Defcizion
10-02-2010, 10:22 AM
I just defeated Ned, I believe it was more worth 400 IMO

I didn't get any cool weapons or anything that I'm going to use a lot
well I did get a cool AR, but it's definitely dlc worthy.

Cyberfire
10-03-2010, 02:48 PM
Zombie Island, maybe 400 because it was so short, but I paid 800 and I didn't feel that rip-offed to be honest. Cant speak for the others as I havn't bought them yet.

Stormcougar
10-11-2010, 06:18 PM
No thought involved -- YES!

brandonator14
10-27-2010, 12:26 AM
You should buy it any way it is such an amazing game either way, and yes it is totally worth it!

Andarion
10-27-2010, 06:02 AM
as was said, Braaaaaaaaaaaains! chain is the low light, but planning will get you around most of the tedium of that. as for the rest of it, very funny, very enjoyable, very worth it.

Van Hooligan X
10-27-2010, 07:46 AM
Oh god yes it was worth it, the humour in this DLC is awesome

jaycenblaze
10-31-2010, 09:11 PM
got mine dotw so yea worth it :)

IceBlox
01-01-2011, 06:10 PM
I dont really care, I got it for free!!!

Graivul
03-07-2011, 10:25 PM
Absolutely worth every point, awesome DLC, loved every minute, good achievements, great storyline with a splash of humour thrown in. Well worth it!

UltimaDestructo
03-13-2011, 05:56 AM
I thought this DLC could have been so much more. While I enjoyed the story enough, it was just way to easy. If you have a choice make sure and play this as your first DLC experience rather than doing knoxx then this. At 61 this was more of a waste of time than anything.

A93NT OR4NGE 26
03-23-2011, 09:25 AM
I enjoyed Jakobs Cove but I really hated doing the braaaaaains mission. It was extremly time consuming and a little irritating that the zombies didn't respawn in hordes and were spread out thin.

JeremyVersion1
04-14-2011, 05:16 AM
Thankfully I paid half the price, due to a sale, but I'd be pissed if I paid 800 points for a handful of missions that I just breezed through.

I'm loving the game, working on my second playthrough, but I'm weary of buying the other DLC now.

Snoop QC
05-02-2012, 01:06 AM
All DLCs are worth the price except Mad Moxi, you will wait for a discount on that one!

Axel 360
05-05-2012, 04:25 PM
I bought sometime ago the vanilla version of the game, and about a month or so I get my hand on the GOTY edition. I pay 20 € for vanilla and 22 for GOTY, so 42 € total. I donīt think none of the DLCs are worth that extra money over my vanilla version, not even all of them.

Sorry but I donīt see whatīs the deal. Everyone talks so good about the DLCs that I though it will be worthy, my mistake. I havenīt play Claptrap Revolution yet, but the other three, my good that was a waste of time.

First, just one fricking echo teleportation device in the whole DLCs map is a BAD idea. Dr.Zed was fun, but other than that was a short DLCs with very few real missions and lot of back tracking, one of the worst things of the first half of playthrough one in the main game. Moxxi is just crap, other than cheevos and the extra free points the DLC is one of the worst DLC iīve pay in my life, and that comes from a guy that bought Team 17 worms DLCs. And Armory is a pain in the ass, every time I quit the game and come back the next day Iīve got a rage attack remembering all the roads Iīm about to drive just to get again to see Moxxi or complete this quest or whatever, then thereīs lots of side missions that you donīt early on the game but at the end, and you better pray for not activate them before finishing or youīre gonna have a bugged cheevo, the achievements suck simple and plain. And Claptrap Revolution, without even playing, I can notice the collectables are going to be an insane quest to be hated for the rest of my life.

I honestly feel most of the DLC content has done nothing for my life but suck my time out of it and should quit, but then I realize Iīm obsessed to make my buy worth and at least I need to finish the DLCs and dry them to their limits.

Sometimes being a game completionist is a pain. And this one has been such a thing for me.

Kaiyo
05-29-2012, 06:22 AM
I got the GOTY edition and I'd say everyone of them except Mad Moxxi's Underdome is worth it.

T4TTEDUP
07-06-2012, 04:32 AM
Yeh it was i thought it was one of the better DLC's of the game.

ChickinOnaChain
07-06-2012, 04:41 AM
Exactly! It and Gen. Knoxx were the best. Very worth the msp.

CHIRUNO99
07-06-2012, 08:43 AM
The problem I have with ALL of the Borderlands DLC is they don't include the fast travel posts. The DLC then only takes longer because you have to run from point to point yourself.

Other than that I thought Knoxx was the best, Claptrap Revolution was good and Ned's Island being just as good. The Underdome is just too tough to solo.

STOMACHofSTEEL
07-06-2012, 11:47 AM

Definitely! For me, Zombie Island was the best DLC. Collectables were a bit tedious and no fast travel sucks (slightly less though than compared to Gen. Knoxx), but the setting and especially the humor were great.

Claptrap Robolution would be number 2 (also great humor) followed by General Knoxx and mad Moxxi's Underboob.

"Need we remind you of our company motto? If it ain't a Jakobs, I'd rather be dead. Please, lead by example."

StayonTarget
07-23-2012, 09:44 PM
For sure. 10 bucks got me 5-10 hours of enjoyment.

HTownBoi
07-23-2012, 10:12 PM
This was the only DLC I thoroughly enjoyed the others were all a "meh" in my opinion.

Lapazi
07-29-2012, 12:55 AM
very agreeble

SkullsRevenge
07-31-2012, 01:39 PM
For single player i thought this was the best dlc. It was different.

Jack Frost
07-31-2012, 04:29 PM
The only Borderlands DLC not worth the points on some level is Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot...

The rest all had some kind of redeeming value - even if Robot Revolution had those damned random pick-up achievements.

JuSt BLaZe
08-06-2012, 08:55 PM
My opinion i had alot of fun with this dlc i thought it was well thought out and enjoyable to play so i thought it was worth it,just wanted to see other peoples opinions.

I'm only 7 missions in and 50 braaaaaaaains :D cooler and I already like it too much. I kept this DLC for last (for my completion). I beat:

- The Secret Armory of General Knoxx (only for Crawmerax's loot totally worth it)
- Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot (worst DLC ever I mean really EVER)
- Claptrap's New Robot Revolution (this one was really fun, I enjoyed it)

This DLC might not be worth 800 MSP (rather 400) but I love zombie games so I didn't really care, zombies are worth every penny. TK rocks!

Reggiez
08-07-2012, 10:01 AM
I really liked this DLC a lot. It wasn't in a desert (like so many other parts of this game) and that made it stand out all the more for me. Also it was nice to play against some different enemies and the story was ok.

So worth 800 MS? Yeah I thought so at least. :)

Spock
08-07-2012, 10:29 AM
I don't think this DLC is worth any money. The enemies are either extremely boring or extremely annoying. The combat isn't fun at all, just really monotonous. Didn't feel like playing it an longer.