PDA

View Full Version : Friends List Updated All To Offline

Fredy29
07-14-2010, 03:55 PM
Friends List Updated All To Offline

Basically, I have nearly 100 friends and they have all gone to offline, im sure this has happened to me before but I signed out and fixed it, but this time it is different. They usually happens when there is a console update I've noticed, but there hasnt been one and most of my friends come up as offline, I thought it was just showing people who come online in the last day or so but I have one friend showing last online 34 days ago and a couple 11-12 days ago, so that isnt the case, but the ones who I cant see as "last online", it does not update them when they come online. I have a friend in my party, who joined through my other friend, he says he is not appearing offline, but he is coming up as offline.

I have signed out - didnt work, so I restarted my xbox, still didnt work, any ideas??

-WcG iFredy29

Emcee Shadow
07-14-2010, 04:00 PM
I don't know either. Same thing is happening to me aswell. I have to go to xbox.com to see my list. Ive turned off and unplug and reset my internet and still nothing =\

Fredy29
07-14-2010, 04:08 PM
yeah same, and I just found out I cannot send messages to my friends list off xbox.com either =/

xxxANTNEExxx
07-15-2010, 06:40 PM
I noticed it also, thought nothing of it till I saw this post. Maybe A hiccup in the system.:confused: I don't think it had any ill effects though.

crazy W01f 816
07-15-2010, 06:50 PM
I noticed this last night. About half my friends list was set to offline; I really hope this doesn't become a huge Xbox live problem.

Pixo
07-15-2010, 08:17 PM
This was happening to me for a while now... I thought it was normal until I saw this also. :confused:

DarkReign2021
07-15-2010, 08:48 PM
The only time it should say "offline" is when your friends haven't logged on in a couple of months or so. I have friends who have quit playing their xbox for various reasons and usually after a month or two the system will stop counting and just put it as offline until the next time they get on.

If it's doing that to people that are online frequently (and especially people you play with directly) the only option is they've got their account set to "Don't show online status", but it's unlikely that a whole friends list would do that. That's something that should probably be emailed to MS or even called in to 1-800-4my-xbox.

Tufty
07-15-2010, 08:54 PM
Usually when this happens to me there's an update, or they're doing maintenance to Xbox Live.

Genesis x360a
07-15-2010, 09:01 PM
This happened to me a while back and its done the same thing again today but only to like 6 of my friends. The only way i found to sort it out was to delete the friends it had happened to then re-add them to my friends list.

Barad
07-15-2010, 09:18 PM
This has happened to me maybe 4, 5 times in my 4 years on the xbox? Last time was yesterday! quite annoying actually.

FIVE FNGR DSCNT
07-15-2010, 11:29 PM
for some reason I find this really annoying too haha idk y though
its happened to me many times (including yesterday)
usually when i wait awhile though it goes away and everything is normal again

Stevo_safc
07-15-2010, 11:52 PM
Might be something to do with the release of the New 360, who knows?

Edit: Or, possibly may be about the friends list being expanded to over 100, which was rumoured to be the reason for closure of the old XBOX LIVE.

GR4V1G0R3
07-16-2010, 08:36 AM
i was having a bit of trouble with xbox.com yesterday.

going on to my friends list, trying to compare games with my nephew (i had been on halo 2, so my 360 wasn't on)

went onto my friends list, clicked his tag, then it told me the tag didn't exist or words to that effect
it carried on doing this for about 20 mins, and did it with several others (only people from the uk though, none of the guys from the US)

very odd, not related to the "100 friends" thing, i only have just over 10

FFFreak1129
07-16-2010, 10:31 AM
The same thing happened to me. I just figured it was a hiccup in the system since Xbox.com was acting funny as well.

TitansWar
07-16-2010, 12:58 PM
The only time it should say "offline" is when your friends haven't logged on in a couple of months or so. I have friends who have quit playing their xbox for various reasons and usually after a month or two the system will stop counting and just put it as offline until the next time they get on.

The system never stops counting - it is only when people don't update that their status suddenly becomes 'offline'.

I've seen people with 'last online 400+ days ago'.

Fredy29
07-17-2010, 05:06 PM
ye sorry I've been away a couple of days, more of my friends list is coming up and last online now but I persume thats just for the people who have actually come online.

like the guy above stated they only change to offline when there is a console update, of they set thier privacy settings to be permatly offline including for friends, and of course, now this random problem, I have no idea weather it will lend me send message from the computer but I will try it now.

-WcG iFredy29

GhOsT SLaYeR
07-18-2010, 02:59 AM
it has happened to me multiple times through out my 4 years on xbox.. it usually happens when there is an update...and sometimes when there isn't one... just let it ride out.. in a week or 2 it will be fixed (except for some friends) I don't find it annoying, personally I don't care when my friends were 'last online' ... If u want to know so u can take them off.... (u should just take them off as u shouldn't need a reason.. if u really feel bad about it send a msg telling them to re-add you when they get back online..)

guillermo316
07-18-2010, 03:01 AM
Yeah i was scared that something terribly wrong with my account. but side step that landmine lol!

snipingheadshot
07-18-2010, 03:06 AM
This happens more often than you guys think. There is nothing wrong, although I don't know what causes it.

it has happened to me multiple times through out my 4 years on xbox.. it usually happens when there is an update...and sometimes when there isn't one... just let it ride out.. in a week or 2 it will be fixed

There is nothing to be fixed. Your friends appearing online again is just them getting on XBL again.

GhOsT SLaYeR
07-18-2010, 03:11 AM
There is nothing to be fixed. Your friends appearing online again is just them getting on XBL again. Thats not what I'm talking about... I know that is making that happen...
I've had it say just 'Offline'... and in like 2 weeks it says Offline 32 days ago.... unless they time traveled... my list fixed last day played.

snipingheadshot
07-18-2010, 03:24 AM
Thats not what I'm talking about... I know that is making that happen...
I've had it say just 'Offline'... and in like 2 weeks it says Offline 32 days ago.... unless they time traveled... my list fixed last day played.

I see. When this happens to me, it never says that they were online before it changes everybody's status. It only changes when they get back online. I am curious to know what causes this though.

GhOsT SLaYeR
07-18-2010, 03:26 AM
Maybe a glitch in there servers... I honestly don't know... maybe ask Xbox101...and they will answer it instead of the stupid questions they answer which are obvious imo... (like layout of controller (it was one of the 1st but COME ON'))