PDA

View Full Version : Region locked?

luuwat
07-14-2010, 05:03 PM
ive tried downloading it using a U.S account and it was telling me it was not available in my location (as i bought points a while back for U.S EXCLUSIVE GAMES)

i am in the UK

cheers,

Star Collapse
07-14-2010, 08:45 PM
Yes, this game have a region restriction, like games on demand(on US store at least) and Gears of war 2 map packs. You will not be able to download it from U.S. store unless you got a fitting Ip. Worse for them I guess - It's not that awesome like the DeathSpank, that I got earlier today, and with that blocking stuff some of us can't even play a trial to see if it's crap or not.

luuwat
07-15-2010, 12:02 AM
i thought so, i had no problem downloading deathspank using the US account and no problem getting the trial for deadliest warrior using my UK account :p

combo warrior
07-15-2010, 12:12 AM
from what i know, the game is available in the north american region, all of europe (except for germany), and in australia/new zealand. i think it's available in parts of asia as well (but not japan or korea). i read it on another forum.

mcnichoj
07-15-2010, 04:31 PM
like games on demand(on US store at least) Every regions GoD is IP/region locked.

and with that blocking stuff some of us can't even play a trial to see if it's crap or not.Well you could learn how to torrent and burn XBLA demos to a rewritable disc and stop bitching.

Star Collapse
07-18-2010, 01:11 AM
Well you could learn how to torrent and burn XBLA demos to a rewritable disc and stop bitching.

well, I can do it , and/or change my Ip if I feel the need to do so. And there was nothing wrong from my side, some of us actually don't know how to do both of the things.