PDA

View Full Version : Gametype that should have been in Blur: Tag

ttsutaoka
07-14-2010, 09:53 PM
Bizarre really should have thought of something like TAG.

It could have the same rules as Hardcore racing (no power ups, no mods), but instead of racing, your objective would be to catch and ram the leader (the person who is "IT")

It would most likely be played on the maps that Motor Mash is played on, because if the leader can get out ahead on a regular track, he might not be caught.

It would be hard to gain fans, as there is no power ups, but here are some ways you could:

-Being the leader for certain lengths of time
-The obvious drifting (good, super, and mega drift)
-Heavy and light hits to the leader

And I think that's about it :woop:

kaleido42
07-14-2010, 10:57 PM
Kind of like that one game mode in Burnout Paradise (sorry, minds blank right now as to what its called :p) or Bulldog in PGR 4? Sounds like a good idea, and it would be very interesting to try in Blur, especially with how much the cars vary in how much they drift. Only issue I'd have with it is that even on some of the maps you'd suggested I don't know if they'd be built as well for it as some of the other games I've played, although I have yet to play the full game online (only played the beta online, still working on single player for full game). In fact, I'd go so far to say as that for that type of game mode it would be better if they just closed off sections of some of the larger single player maps where there's more jumps, ways to evade, and maybe add a few in. Just my opinion of course. Could be pulled off great if they did it right.

EDIT: Found out what it was called in Burnout, Marked Man.