PDA

View Full Version : Biggest personal WTF moment in NCAA Football history

RockBanditPhil
07-15-2010, 02:21 AM
In the history of NCAA football video games, I have had many "WTF, why or how did that happen" moments. Including in last years game, when I had about 80 total TDs with my quarterback and Tebow only had around 40 and he won the Heisman.

However, this year's game just eclipsed that moment. I was trying for several achievements, including the one for being #1 all season. I was Alabama, as they start out #1. I beat several high ranked teams over the course of the season, including Boise State, Penn State, Florida, Ole Miss, and the crazy SEC conference.

Going into Week 13, I was undefeated (12-0). However, I was jumped in the BCS, Media, AND Coaches polls by the WASHINGTON HUSKIES (10-0).

Just thought I would share this with everyone. WTF haha.

big red marino
07-15-2010, 02:54 AM
Go DAWGS! I too am trying Alabama, but I have Ohio State, Oregon State, Texas and Virginia Tech on my schedule. Hopefully you are saving after each game...There is a chance that is changes as it is all random. And God bless my Huskies, but contending for a BCS bowl let alone the NC game is pretty random.

RockBanditPhil
07-15-2010, 03:08 AM
Nope I didn't save haha. I thought adding Boise State and Penn State to my schedule would be enough when combining them with the SEC conference. Apparently not when you have amazing teams like the Washington Huskies.

ixpointxblankxi
07-15-2010, 03:08 AM
Did the same thing and i had a wtf moment when the utah state agies jumped me in the polls in week 14

RockBanditPhil
07-15-2010, 03:16 AM
Utah State jump is possibly more WTF than my moment.

RockBanditPhil
07-15-2010, 03:23 AM
Washington is gonna DIE in the BCS National Championship for jumping me :D 2010 BCS National Championship: #1 Washington vs. #2 Alabama haha.

big red marino
07-15-2010, 03:32 AM
Locker is going to shred you.

Smooth Pancakes
07-15-2010, 03:40 AM
Utah State jump is possibly more WTF than my moment.

Yeah, Washington at least has Jake Locker at QB. Utah State, now that's a 'WTF!?' moment.

BrutishMuffin
07-15-2010, 06:46 PM
Happened to me 2 seasons in a row, but with better teams. The 1st season Ohio State decided it was better than me, and then Oregon did the same in the 2nd season. In the 3rd season, I just made teams that were close to me lose to some horrible team.

RockBanditPhil
07-16-2010, 09:41 AM
I ended up beating them about 80-0. =D

xYx VeNoM xYx
07-16-2010, 02:20 PM
Lemme tell you my WTF moment! I'm Tennessee and I switched cupcakes on my schedule to top 5 teams, in my first 5 weeks I played 4 top 5's and a top 10, I was ranked 21st after beating all five after a few more ranked schools, I blasted #1 Alabama and only made it to #9. Worst part is western Kentucky is #8. I have Vanderbilt and Kentucky left, neither of which is ranked and I'll have to play Alabama again for my conf title. I'm gonna have beaten 7 top 5 schools and not be in the NC game. I demand a playoff dammit.

big red marino
07-16-2010, 06:13 PM
Lemme tell you my WTF moment! I'm Tennessee and I switched cupcakes on my schedule to top 5 teams, in my first 5 weeks I played 4 top 5's and a top 10, I was ranked 21st after beating all five after a few more ranked schools, I blasted #1 Alabama and only made it to #9. Worst part is western Kentucky is #8. I have Vanderbilt and Kentucky left, neither of which is ranked and I'll have to play Alabama again for my conf title. I'm gonna have beaten 7 top 5 schools and not be in the NC game. I demand a playoff dammit.

Yeah they let you mess with the conferences...can't they add a playoff option for your Dynasty? Or does that piss off the license holder agreement?

kiskit
07-18-2010, 08:10 AM
In the history of NCAA football video games, I have had many "WTF, why or how did that happen" moments. Including in last years game, when I had about 80 total TDs with my quarterback and Tebow only had around 40 and he won the Heisman.

However, this year's game just eclipsed that moment. I was trying for several achievements, including the one for being #1 all season. I was Alabama, as they start out #1. I beat several high ranked teams over the course of the season, including Boise State, Penn State, Florida, Ole Miss, and the crazy SEC conference.

Going into Week 13, I was undefeated (12-0). However, I was jumped in the BCS, Media, AND Coaches polls by the WASHINGTON HUSKIES (10-0).

yeah I've had my share of wtf's in this game's previous versions. Used Alabama for that cheevo & then added Boise State & Texas to my schedule. Near the end of the season there were still a few undefeated teams & Washington & I believe VA Tech & someone like Nevada of all teams were still undefeated with a few wks to go. Plus they were getting some first place votes in the polls despite my Alabama starters all being jacked up to or near 99 ratings. I beat every team by 40 points or more.

I started playing some games on the teams who were undefeated near the end to make sure no one jumped over me in the polls. Used 1 minute quarters. I also had my qb & hb rated 1& 2 all yr n Heisman race & then 2 dropped to 4th despite no loss in production. So I played as the teams with the Heisman candidates near the end of season so that I could make their players get negative yards & safeties etc. Luckily got the Heisman, undefeated & ranked 1 all yr cheev.

I don't know about this yr but n past yrs have had Heisman race where I had a guy in the first slot til the end & I would save my game til right before it was announced. Then when I reloaded game it seemed purely random if I finished 1-5. Just from reloading & doing the awards announcement. Definitely WTF moments.

Surgeon_Sniper
07-19-2010, 12:02 AM
The way the bcs is run in real life I think that sounds pretty realistic.

the ferenczy
07-24-2010, 12:41 AM
I know it is lame, but an easy way to avoid this is to play the top ranked teams' games and make sure they lose. It is funny that you will see teams jump 20 spots in the polls in one week. Simply eliminate the unbeaten teams and have your team remain unbeaten for #1 rank. Like I said, it is lame. But then so are achievements like hold the #1 rank all seson long. At least they got rid of BCS conference invite achievement.

xliferuinerx
07-25-2010, 05:34 AM
The final score was 31-14 I won and at the end of the game we did ANOTHER coin flip and started over again and played even though it said 31-14 final and when we would score the points would not count. It took about 2 hours before the guy quit it was an online ranked match...

In Justin We Trust
07-25-2010, 03:45 PM
I got jumped by Stanford even when I put the top 5 ranked teams on my schedule.

Fatbamboo RCA
07-27-2010, 03:34 AM
Was Tenn lost to UGA in 3rd overtime in 2011 55-53. Happened in road to glory still dont get why the cpu constantly runs into oppents when they have a vast large open gap.

Tide420
07-28-2010, 01:58 PM

Exactly what happened to me, I didn't have any close games except for a couple of SEC games so I too was like WTF ???

XxBlueSpade2xX
07-30-2010, 08:10 AM
I've been using Colorado (my school), and won the Big 12 four straight times, lost once in four seasons and still haven't gotten into the National Championship game. I've even gotten full stars on my program prestige. Goddamn Fiesta Bowl every year.

Also, I haven't broken the top 3.

RK1 R33D
08-01-2010, 12:24 AM

It's because the Media and BCS hate Alabama, and I am willing to bet EA programmed that in there. ;)

alcoholic ewok
08-01-2010, 04:59 AM
You can tell they finished this game MONTHS ago just by the fact that USC (the real one in LA, not South Carolina..) has a coach with high prestige & experience rankings when you're doing the dynasty recruiting.

Even Utah State can't top that. Lane (@*&$'n Kiffin has A+ ratings?!?!

breakin2
08-01-2010, 10:08 PM
I had a 5-star recruit that had me up by 200 points as his top choice and was visiting my school that week. I spent all 60 minutes on his recruiting and got good scores for everything. My team won the game and he rated the experience an A+. However, he committed to the school he had ranked 2nd that next week. Makes no sense.

TON1C
08-02-2010, 12:49 AM
My friend and I were playing a very casual offline game last year. He kicked a late field goal to go up by 3. I got intercepted with about 5 seconds left in the game. Just goofing around, he throws a hail mary for the last play and guess what? I picked it off and ran it back for a td :D

alcoholic ewok
08-13-2010, 08:52 PM
So far my best "no one ever in a real game could do this moment" has to have been this one:

Scoring a touchdown with the kicker on the kickoff. Somehow the npc kicker beat some blocks to pick up the fumble & run it in.

Eggnogga
08-16-2010, 02:55 PM
Playing through my first season in dynasty mode as Alabama. I figured 'Freshman' difficulty would be easy, but sheesh, never this easy. I've out scored opponents 490-10. 10!!! I'm currently 10-0.

I'm also on the verge of losing my #1 ranking to Stanford!! Stanford is #1 in the Media poll, but not in the BCS or Coaches. Does that kill my ability to get the achievement??

jasonad
08-29-2010, 08:43 AM
Try this - I played NAVY (?!#) for the National Championship in Year 3...

One of the easiest championship games ever...

BlackIrish4094
09-09-2010, 03:09 PM
They are not the only ones who hate Alabama, lol. Actually I dislike Saban more than Bama. Go Irish!!!!! Beat Michigan!!

outlaw2448
10-08-2010, 03:27 PM
I've had a couple WTF moments.

1) While working on unlocking achievements during games. I was playing Kansas vs Missouri. I had Mizzou pushed to there 4 yard line and they were punting. For some reason the game glitched the Punter up to my 30 yard line. Where my returner tackled him.

2) Opposing QB snapped the ball and just stood in the hike position with the ball in his hands until I tackled him for a sack.

First NCAA I've played with big glitches that have happened to me.

jrod39
10-18-2010, 07:49 AM
EA have a track record with WTF moments in NCAA Football, I'm afraid. I think the greatest WTF moment I've ever seen in any game came in a previous version (08) where I had the pleasure of witnessing the following:

Quarterback hits wide receiver between the numbers in the end zone. Middle linebacker hits wide receiver, who drops the ball. Safety falls on ball for a fumble recovery in the end zone.

WTF? For it to be a fumble, the receiver had to have possession. Possession in the end zone is called a touchdown. Oops. Nice one, EA.

RLKDragon
10-18-2010, 08:45 AM
The way things are going IRL, my season may predict the NCG. My Sooners are #1 going into the title game against #2 Boise State. Now that is pretty WTF.

ACDC LIVE
12-06-2010, 04:28 AM
In NCAA 10, I had several moments where I would have the QB go to hand off the the running back and he would run backwards stuck in the handoff position and get tackled for a loss of twenty to thirty yards.

smm61
12-24-2010, 09:40 PM
In 11, I was kicking a field goal to take the lead and my camera zoomed way back to the 20 yard line. All I could see was the Oregon Ducks mascot dancing on the field and still hit the FG

Joustery
01-04-2011, 09:33 PM
Thats sucks...

G Suave21
04-11-2011, 05:42 AM
-_________- so Do i use bama then?

AceBD
10-12-2012, 06:11 AM
I just finished a Road to Glory season as a qb with 98 td passes and 14 rushing tds, and finished runner up in the Heisman voting to one of my receivers. He had 1950 yards and 22 tds. I guess that's better than 112 total tds and 6500+ passing yards. WTF?

So, I was pissed off at my receiver, and didn't throw him a single ball in the National Championship game.