PDA

View Full Version : Online Dynasty issues

Summoner10
07-15-2010, 03:25 AM
Is anyone else having big trouble with online dynasty and information uploading to the dynasty (like recruiting) always saying its failed?

Smooth Pancakes
07-15-2010, 03:37 AM
EDIT -

Russ from the EA team made a post elsewhere says not to worry about this error message. He said that they had to take the Season Showdown servers offline due to an error. That may be what you are seeing.

Summoner10
07-15-2010, 06:23 AM
EDIT -

Russ from the EA team made a post elsewhere says not to worry about this error message. He said that they had to take the Season Showdown servers offline due to an error. That may be what you are seeing.

Ok Gotcha...

One other thing I don't understand about season showdown is exactly what its about. I mean, I know if I play as my team against the CPU or online I earn points and everyone playing as a certain team earns points towards that teams rankings etc etc....

but is there anything else to it? I heard before there are supposed to be special matchups and and other extras, or does that not start until the actual CFB season begins in late august?

Smooth Pancakes
07-15-2010, 06:55 AM
Here the official post I was able to track down from the EA forums.

Hey NCAA Fans,

We have deployed a couple of server fixes tonight that I wanted to make you aware of (as of Wednesday, July 14th 10:45AM Eastern):

1. We had to bring down the Season Showdown Servers due to a crash some people were seeing. What that means is you will see an error message going into and out of some (or all) of your games you play. This WILL NOT affect anything other than Season Showdown stats, so do not worry about the error. We will fix this as soon as possible.

2. We've had to temporarily remove the ability the create custom rooms in our Online Lobbies. Again this was causing a crash some people were seeing. We will restore the ability to create rooms as soon as we have a fix in place, be assured this does not affect your ability to play games through our lobbies so feel free to continue to challenge anyone you see!

I apologize for any inconvenience these problems have caused and assure you we are working on fixes for these (and other) issues for NCAA Football 11. Thank you for playing our game and we are working hard to ensure this is the best NCAA Football game to date.

-Russ Kiniry
Designer NCAA Football 11

As for the Season Showdown, I have no idea what they have planned (if anything) for it this year, since I never paid any attention to it last year. I play more for the dynasty (and this year Online Dynasty to take advantage of the Dynasty Wire) than anything else, so I never really did anything or got in depth into anything with Season Showdown last year, and haven't even followed anything they were going to do with it for this year.

OSU Brutus OSU
07-15-2010, 01:41 PM
Summoner...you have it right...the special matchups and such start with the actual college football season and pits your team vs whoever thet truly play that week...you get points for your school (mine in Ohio State) no matter who you actualy play as (you only get Loyalty points if you play as your school)...right now all points earned are for a rank in the top 25/leaderboards...they mean nothing in the end really as the head to head matchups determine the season showdown champ...I believe Ohio State had the most points but ended up losing to Virginia for the National Championship...Virginia had nowehere near as many points, but won because of the matchups and how it pits the teams in that best of 5 scoring system...hope that helps, but if not, you will see what I mean as the season progresses

Summoner10
07-15-2010, 11:28 PM
Summoner...you have it right...the special matchups and such start with the actual college football season and pits your team vs whoever thet truly play that week...you get points for your school (mine in Ohio State) no matter who you actualy play as (you only get Loyalty points if you play as your school)...right now all points earned are for a rank in the top 25/leaderboards...they mean nothing in the end really as the head to head matchups determine the season showdown champ...I believe Ohio State had the most points but ended up losing to Virginia for the National Championship...Virginia had nowehere near as many points, but won because of the matchups and how it pits the teams in that best of 5 scoring system...hope that helps, but if not, you will see what I mean as the season progresses

if osu had the most points, howd they lose to virginia and what do you mean by "head to head matchup"? meaning the people who played as virginia earned more points than those who played as OSU in virginia vs. osu games? If so I find it hard to believe that more/better people play as virginia than ohio state, even though I'm glad the bucknuts lost lol. I am a Michigan Man myself born and raised. Before season showdown fubar'd and they took it off osu was #1 and UM was #2. Think Miami was a very close #3. Maybe the pre-season point gathering does count because doesnt it say that only the top 25 teams and are in the season matchups?

Sniper07LHS
07-16-2010, 04:42 AM
the online dynasty for me is taking a LONG time to finish loading my Team Data after i finish editing my depth chart and other stuff like that...