PDA

View Full Version : Vetran:The Silo - Building B to C

mmcquade
03-16-2006, 03:30 PM
Hey gang,

Just wondering if anyone has any pointers on how to get from building B (the barn) to C on Vetran mode?

If I try to go through the opening next to building C, I get mowed down by the guys across the street.

If I try to go aruond building C I can sometimes get into the building, but my troops won't provide any support and Germans squeeze their way in the front door.

If I try to sit and kill everyone off, they just keep coming...

Any suggestions?

bombgod
03-16-2006, 03:34 PM
i tried differant routes and taking the buildings in a differant order, the only advice i can give is be patient, took me a few hours to take just one building. and use smoke if needed, try and get your soldiers to do most of the work.

mmcquade
03-16-2006, 03:39 PM
I assume that the German's wont ever stop coming at certain points (i.e. the buildings that you're not trying to take) or are there a set number of waves and then nothing?

bombgod
03-16-2006, 03:51 PM
i think they just keep coming, i took the hq as soon as i could and everything seemed to loads easier, finished the level about 30 minutes after that.
i read somewhere the reinforcements come from the hq, dont know if thats true

bombgod
03-16-2006, 03:53 PM
by the way, how did you get the zero hour pic, its not on your xbox.com achievements list?

Webb
03-16-2006, 05:53 PM
I ended with the barn, I went left instead. The hardest and the key building is the HQ, building F if I remember rightly. That is the hardest bit of veteran IMO. But after you take out that, the rest should be pretty easy.

Bit of advice though, downstairs, is pretty easy to clear, watch out for the one German in the back by the piano. Watch out for upstairs, use plenty of grenades to force them out, but be careful, when you think they are all dead, one will be hidden. Also, top floor is the scoped Gehwrg (however the hell its spelt), you might find that handy for the end of the level ;)

Now happy killin :uzi:

DaKing240
03-16-2006, 06:50 PM
That level took me the longest. I still remember having trouble moving around the fence, killing everyone in the front and back, running through the door, and getting killed over and over by the people inside. I finally beat it (if only I got credit for it)

bombgod
03-16-2006, 07:14 PM
just had a look at your stats, how come you never got it? what happened?

mmcquade
03-17-2006, 02:37 AM
by the way, how did you get the zero hour pic, its not on your xbox.com achievements list?

At the Zero Hour event everyone could get the image pack... However, in order to get the achievement, you had to play a game on a particular console, I believe.

I really wish I had gotten it, but when I was there I wasn't totally up on the whole achievements thing and didn't realize I hadn't gotten it. Oh well...

doadea
03-18-2006, 12:36 AM
This was the hardest part of the game IMO. I went around the back of building C, shot the explosive barrels on the porch, and then went back around to the back of the house again. Some germans come around, so take care of them. Eventually your team should make it to the front porch of Building C, and that is when I actually went inside to clear it out. VERY hard and I must have tried 30 times before I got it.

WyldthingUK
04-20-2006, 10:52 AM
IMO this is the hardest part of the game, with D-Day being the hardest campaign in the game. A smoke grenade in the entrance to the building, rushing in (after tossing in a couple of frags) then hiding in a corner until your troops support you before going upstairs seemed to work best for me. This level is the MOST FRUSTRATING!!!

Ermski
10-07-2006, 07:48 PM
I too have having trouble here tried for 3 hrs today and still only got Building A to show for all my efforts

Gold Rush NL
04-19-2007, 07:02 PM
I started this level today, it is not the easyest one indeed I have now captured A, E and B. Now I have to go to C but I had to go but I have 4 smoke grenades so I think I will throw a smoke grenade at D and then get the building from the right. I've never been in there so I don't know what I have to aspect, I think a normal house with a stair in the middle. I think I will play again over a couple of minutes.

Ermski, the way I did it was possible first building A then move to Building E, Shoot the guys behind the windows and doors, when you think they don't spawn rush to the house and go through the left window. Wait there and shoot the germans who are comming in from the left. Keep waiting till your team mates arrived and clear the building. Then shoot the M42 machinegun at point F from the window from point E. Go to sector B en do it slowly and let your team comming don't do everything in your own. I ran behind the tower so they couldn't see me from the farm, then your team will arive and shoot the most one of them, then you could snipe the other ones and look out for the germans who are on the first floor in the farm!

I hope I helped you with this, with my bad english :)

MrEastSide
04-20-2007, 03:11 AM
I don't remember which way I went or how I exactly went about it. All I know is I used smoke and that helped me a TON! Throw a few around and it should be easier to move more freely and advance to a checkpoint somewhere.

cravenmoorhead5
05-09-2007, 02:10 AM
I just finished the silo and to help out with building B, go into the building u already have possession of, go upstairs and snipe out the MG42 and his supporters. Then throw a smoke grenade on the road and then run through and hide behind the silo building where u eventually snipe the mortars later on. Stay up against the wall facing the door of the barm so the guys in the windows in building D don't kill you. Then just peak out and snipe guys behind barrels and move across the wall to get the guys upstairs. Once 2 allied soldiers go inside the door go inside but there are 3 germans in the far left corner of the barn. Simply throw a grenade or 2 (I threw all 4) and if any are remaining just take them out.

I hope that is said clear enough just ask if u have anymore questions because that mission is fresh in my mind since I just completed. Now for Hill 400:(

Edit: Make sure u already has building A before doing this, otherwise there are more germans in the road.