PDA

View Full Version : Halo 2??

Kid MaV
04-18-2007, 01:26 AM
im a little confused on the halo 2 achvments that are coming out.. is it for 360 or PC bc im confused if its for PC becuase i didnt know you could get gamerscore from PC Games.... could anyone clearify this up for me or give me some more info on it... thanks

The Pants Party
04-18-2007, 02:14 AM
It is for Halo 2 Vista, only playable on Windows Vista (I think, anyway). Many (all?) games released for Vista will have Gamerscore points that will link with your Xbox Live account.

Mahatmaganja
04-18-2007, 07:41 AM
Are you absolutely sure it's only for vista? If so they are missing out, I was really looking forward to getting that game into my system and earning some achievements. They need to get on the ball and start adding achievements for older games, it would get a lot of people to buy them (sometimes after they've sold or lost their copy). And it would certainly make the people who still have the games a LOT happier.

The Pants Party
04-18-2007, 01:43 PM
I'm positive. You can't put your Xbox Halo 2 into your 360 and get achievements, it's only for the Windows Vista PC version.

sic6sic
04-21-2007, 04:41 PM
the achievements are vista only. furthermore, they are rediculous achievements. none are really challenging. oooh....kill someone with a sniper or beam rifle.....look, i average about 25-30 kills a game, with at least half of them being sniper kills. stick an opponent?! wtf? ive stuck more people with a death nade than anything else. someone melees in for a BXR, and all you have to do is toss a sticky....boom. wheres the Killimanjaro achievement? the Overkill achievement?

im seriously disappointed in the list, and i hope to god, the game itself doesnt suck. its too bad i dont have a gaming rig, because id have all the achievements in about a day and a half.

and that would only be because id have to get used to using a KB and Mouse.

The Pants Party
04-21-2007, 04:56 PM

Just buy a wired controller, they work on PC's.
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemsetup/xbox360/accessories/wiredcontroller.htm
Scroll about halfway down.

angry
04-21-2007, 05:44 PM
It is definatly for Windows Vista And like Above post just buy a wired controller they are very cheap to buy these days.

sic6sic
04-21-2007, 05:53 PM
.... you guys are completely missing my point. these acheivements are no challenge whatsoever. there are two that might be a bit hard, but not really challenging.

also, the controller thing.....it doesnt matter to me. ill learn to play with a kb + mouse combo eventually, but it wont matter, because i refuse to use Vista untill AT LEAST sp1 gets released.

eggnog
04-22-2007, 03:32 AM
.... you guys are completely missing my point. these acheivements are no challenge whatsoever. there are two that might be a bit hard, but not really challenging.

also, the controller thing.....it doesnt matter to me. ill learn to play with a kb + mouse combo eventually, but it wont matter, because i refuse to use Vista untill AT LEAST sp1 gets released.

Vista: Pirate it and install it on a second partition, dual-boot with XP. Problem solved. I'm using it right now and I haven't had any problems (I've been using it since RC1 Beta) except only ONE compatibility issue with Alcohol 120.

Achievements: If you don't like them that much, make your own! Or pray to *insert proper deity here* that Halo 3's achievements are better.

I'll be playing when it comes out, but only if I lose interest in Warcraft 3, UT 2004, CS:S, WoW and Guitar Hero, but since that's not likely, I may wait until I build my new gaming rig this summer and get the game. Again.

Sonic Avenger
04-22-2007, 01:14 PM
What is the release date for Halo 2 on PC?

eggnog
04-22-2007, 08:53 PM
What is the release date for Halo 2 on PC?
May 8th, I believe.

Sonic Avenger
04-24-2007, 11:11 AM
Thanks for that. Maybe time to upgrade the OS at last.

R Rated Love
04-26-2007, 02:56 AM
the achievements are vista only. furthermore, they are rediculous achievements. none are really challenging. oooh....kill someone with a sniper or beam rifle.....look, i average about 25-30 kills a game, with at least half of them being sniper kills. stick an opponent?! wtf? ive stuck more people with a death nade than anything else. someone melees in for a BXR, and all you have to do is toss a sticky....boom. wheres the Killimanjaro achievement? the Overkill achievement?

im seriously disappointed in the list, and i hope to god, the game itself doesnt suck. its too bad i dont have a gaming rig, because id have all the achievements in about a day and a half.

I'm pretty sure it is aimed at PC gamers who haven't had the opportunity to beat the game to a pulp. If a PC-exclusive game was released on the 360, I'm pretty sure people wouldn't be complaining about the achievements being too easy.

I always assumed the average gamerscore chaser drooled at the chance for easy gamerscore, anyways.

Xc0mmand0
04-26-2007, 08:47 PM
just got new pc and definitly getting h2 vista to see what this pc has got. still deciding whether to get the wireless reciever or a wired controller. reciever is half the price but theres mixed reviews. if you have one could you tell me how well yours works?

russell1190
05-13-2007, 02:29 PM
i think the realease date got pushedback to the 22nd or at least when the stores around me are getting them

l ACE JB l
05-16-2007, 02:15 AM
dumbass
you guys dont get it

you play with your XBOX live gamercard on your pc
so gamerscore and friends exchange with pc and xbox

Lokstir
05-19-2007, 09:40 PM
if you can get achievements this, doesn't that mean you need to have an xbox live account to play it?

Im a Manatee
05-20-2007, 03:45 AM
Yep. Vista Silver can play online in ranked matches, but can't gain online achievements. Kind of lopsided.

Lokstir
05-20-2007, 04:04 AM
ya, we need to pay to play, but they dont. whatever let them play some outdated, ugly xbox port for free. i'll go play hexic instead

Drewdude1023
05-20-2007, 10:18 PM
i thought gold was the ability to be able to go cross platform?

l ACE JB l
05-23-2007, 03:07 AM
if u have a gold profile which about 99% of us do
You will be able to play halo 2 vista using your normal xbox live account and get that 1000 gamerscore added to you xbox live gamerscore

windows live and xbox live are now cross platform