PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding getting my repaired console back...

stabyourcat
07-15-2010, 03:34 AM
Hey all.

I just got an email letting me know that my repaired console is on it's way back from sending off to Microsoft (or whomever). I was wondering, is the console delivered to my doorstep, or will I have to go pick it up at a UPS outlet. This question is a bit silly (sorry!), but any words of wisdom are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

The Dukenator
07-15-2010, 03:43 AM
Did they give you a UPS tracking code?
They would deliver it to your house.

stabyourcat
07-15-2010, 03:54 AM
Did they give you a UPS tracking code?
They would deliver it to your house.

Yeah they did. I checked the site, but couldn't find anything in terms of the actually delivery. But to my house you say? That works.
Cheers.

Emcee Shadow
07-15-2010, 03:58 AM
To your doorstep and if you dont answer they will leave you a note that they missed you and should take it to the post office

klokwerk
07-15-2010, 03:58 AM
The two times my brother's elite died they delievered it to my house, you have to be home though because they won't leave it on your doorstep.

R Rated Love
07-15-2010, 03:59 AM
The only way you have to go to the hub to get your package is if you miss the door 3 days in a row. (Or if you're impatient and miss it one day but want it that night)

And the user above who posted about taking the note to the post office is incorrect. UPS has absolutely nothing to do with the USPS in this situation.

Starstrukk X360A
07-15-2010, 07:37 AM
USPS is Post Office; UPS is, yeah, UPS.

Two completely different things.

Both will deliver to your doorstep or mail box; if the box is too big you'd have to go pick it up.

stabyourcat
07-16-2010, 01:10 AM
The only way you have to go to the hub to get your package is if you miss the door 3 days in a row. (Or if you're impatient and miss it one day but want it that night)

And the user above who posted about taking the note to the post office is incorrect. UPS has absolutely nothing to do with the USPS in this situation.

Thanks a ton. I work full time so it looks like I'll probably miss the door...

Thanks again everyone.

gamerguy69
07-16-2010, 03:24 AM
I believe they require a signature as well. At least that's how it was in my case. I was home when mine was delivered. I don't know about picking it up at the UPS facility.

I F A R T I
07-16-2010, 03:36 AM
They leave a note on the door saying they'll be back tomorrow at some time frame. You should be able to sign on the back that you authorize the delivery man to leave the package at your door.

OG T UNIT
07-16-2010, 03:55 AM
The easiest way is to call the number on the back right after you miss it, then someone from UPS will call you back. If your lucky they will call you within the hour. If it is not too late you can pick it up the same night, or anytime before they close the next day if you have them hold it for you.

Don't just go to pick it up, you won't be able to get it if you don't call first.

Yeah, I have went through this a few different times.

stabyourcat
07-16-2010, 04:40 AM
You guys seriously rule.

I postponed getting it repaired for so long due to having finals to write, and having to move. I'm getting antsy now, and really appreciate the knowledge.