PDA

View Full Version : 360 Gold month trials -- limited?

gamerguy69
07-15-2010, 06:15 AM
I thought that each console was limited to three (3) Gold trials when you create them on your 360.

I know I made 3 back in 2008 and afterwards another one that didn't give me the Trial Gold option. Earlier this year I created another profile and it gave me the Trial Gold option.

So tonight, once again I created another profile and it let me have another Gold month.

No payment, CC info attached to either. They will just revert to Silver at the end.

I wonder if it reads the console SSID and goes by that. This console is my 3rd since I've had RRoD twice already.

Starstrukk X360A
07-15-2010, 07:34 AM
I think it does go by console; before I RRoD'd the first time I couldn't make any more, but I was actually able to make another trial recently.

Tufty
07-15-2010, 07:39 AM
I've used up my three, hopefully I got another one as well.

sm182
07-15-2010, 10:46 AM
Regarding the 3 Free Gold month trials are they from the first 3 accounts you make on that console or the first 3 that you register online?

i.e. If I was to delete the first 2 I created but I never went online with them, would no. 3, 4, 5 still get the free Gold trials?

gamerguy69
07-15-2010, 11:19 AM
Regarding the 3 Free Gold month trials are they from the first 3 accounts you make on that console or the first 3 that you register online?

i.e. If I was to delete the first 2 I created but I never went online with them, would no. 3, 4, 5 still get the free Gold trials?

My first gamertag I migrated over from original Xbox LIVE (2-month trial). The remainder just converted to 360GOLD. The next three accounts I created AND "Join Xbox LIVE" with all had the Gold Trial option.

jedijaxpavan
07-15-2010, 11:42 AM
My first gamertag I migrated over from original Xbox LIVE (2-month trial). The remainder just converted to 360GOLD. The next three accounts I created AND "Join Xbox LIVE" with all had the Gold Trial option.

ok. i dont understand why you need too make all of these GT's. if its just for the gold why dont you just go buy it and you dont have to worry about it anymore.

gamerguy69
07-15-2010, 01:24 PM
ok. i dont understand why you need too make all of these GT's. if its just for the gold why dont you just go buy it and you dont have to worry about it anymore.

No point to it really. Just for fun and I did create 1 "international" profile as described in the sticky thread on this page. Another did come in handy when I got a 24-hour suspension. My main primary GT I've had for 3+ years now.

BemusedBox
07-15-2010, 01:54 PM
They come in useful as boosting tags why pay if you can get it for free and some of the 360s ive had have made 5-6 but most just 3.

Dreamer84
07-15-2010, 02:37 PM
I have used up 2 so I have one more to go. Hopefully I get an extra one someday

Coxy x360a
07-15-2010, 09:43 PM
I recently got an RRoD replacement. I gotta try this tommorow.

Capn Doug
07-15-2010, 09:56 PM
Actually, the really dasterdly thing to do, if you need a lot of gold accounts now, is to buy a 360 from a place with a very liberal return policy, create 3 tags, then return it as defective and recover the accounts on your regular 360. Lets say you need 12 accounts (for the NHL 08 tree), buy 4 from Walmart and return them after exploiting their 3 free gold tags.

Edit: I should point out that I have never done this, have no plans to do this and will not reveal my source that told me of this plan.

gamerguy69
07-15-2010, 10:58 PM
Actually, the really dasterdly thing to do, if you need a lot of gold accounts now, is to buy a 360 from a place with a very liberal return policy, create 3 tags, then return it as defective and recover the accounts on your regular 360. Lets say you need 12 accounts (for the NHL 08 tree), buy 4 from Walmart and return them after exploiting their 3 free gold tags.

Edit: I should point out that I have never done this, have no plans to do this and will not reveal my source that told me of this plan.

Yet another possibility is that one could create an account at the request of someone else who would then recover the tag (and 1-month Gold) at their own 360. Perhaps person B could even request a Gamertag of their own choosing before giving person A the essential Windows LIVE ID requirements they would need to attach to said profile/Gamertag.

There was a topic about buying accounts on eBay recently. Wondering if this kind of set-up/transaction is frowned upon or against ToS.

tianJinhobo
07-15-2010, 11:18 PM

At the risk of being stuck with four xboxes (which i guess you could ebay).

jedijaxpavan
07-16-2010, 06:20 AM
No point to it really. Just for fun and I did create 1 "international" profile as described in the sticky thread on this page. Another did come in handy when I got a 24-hour suspension. My main primary GT I've had for 3+ years now.

im sorry. i never thought about it before now.... i have my main GT and my wife has hers. then we have a GT our daughter uses (it is silver now) for Family Game Night. then one for our nephew (silver now) for when he is over. so i guess i have 4 GT's for boosting (mainly FGN). never had the need for more than one gold though

The Dukenator
07-16-2010, 06:29 AM
There was a topic about buying accounts on eBay recently. Wondering if this kind of set-up/transaction is frowned upon or against ToS.
It is from what I hear.

The Dukenator
07-16-2010, 06:32 AM
im sorry. i never thought about it before now.... i have my main GT and my wife has hers. then we have a GT our daughter uses (it is silver now) for Family Game Night. then one for our nephew (silver now) for when he is over. so i guess i have 4 GT's for boosting (mainly FGN). never had the need for more than one gold though

You might when Xbox LIVE Gold Family Pack becomes available in November.