PDA

View Full Version : Hope there's more to come

enilson
07-15-2010, 06:18 AM
I'm enjoying this game - but I can tell that I'm going to want more warriors to choose from at some point in the future. I really hope they plan on adding some new ones to the mix at some point as DLC.

What would you guys like to see added? I'm thinking the following would be interesting:

Zulu
Amazon
Scottish (ala Braveheart)

KutleryKing
07-15-2010, 06:53 AM
I'd love to see some of the more modern fighters, like the Spetsnaz or IRA, of course, being toned down in regards of the gun power. Same with the Mafia and Yakuza.

The Lazy Pyro
07-15-2010, 07:30 AM
Well, let's start simple. The rest of the Season 1 cast that would fit into the game would be nice (Gladiator, Shaolin Monk and Maori Warrior.)

Following that, some Season 2 people that would also fit the game. Aztec Jaguars? Zande Warrior? Rajput Warrior? Ming Warrior? Musketeer? Comanche? Mongol? I think these guys would all make good fits.

Bigwig777
07-15-2010, 08:18 AM
i really want to see the monk and vlad the impaler

Killbaoy1537
07-15-2010, 08:24 AM
I Want to see the Jaguar Warriors, and The Impi too.

Team Poverty
07-15-2010, 11:46 AM
There is a dlc part in the menus, just it's blanked out right now so im sure it's to come

mcnichoj
07-15-2010, 04:19 PM
There is a dlc part in the menus, just it's blanked out right now so im sure it's to comeClicking on it just bring me to redownload the game and I would assume that it's for those playing the trial version so they can buy it right there much like old XBLA have done in the past.
Not ruling out DLC, just explaining that you shouldn't read too much into it.

I would love to see a bear or something unconventianal like a octapus. I remember a show that pitted animals against each other in a similar fashion to DW, it might have been on the Discovery Channel.

Xander Crews
07-15-2010, 09:58 PM
http://www.spike.com/blog/which-warrior-should/97457

They have a vote for who people want in the game most... buy you guys are kidding yourselves if you think Spetsnaz, IRA, Mafia, Yakuza, or even Musketeer would work at all. Way to powerful and you cant tone them down since they rely on guns first and foremost.

The Lazy Pyro
07-16-2010, 12:33 AM

They have a vote for who people want in the game most... buy you guys are kidding yourselves if you think Spetsnaz, IRA, Mafia, Yakuza, or even Musketeer would work at all. Way to powerful and you cant tone them down since they rely on guns first and foremost.

Actually, a Musketeer is within possibility. Let's not forget the Pirate, who's weapon set on the show had more guns in it then anyone else in that age, plus a grenade. That character works fine, so a Musketeer could be fine as well.

Simple really. Short range would be the Main Gauche, mid range would be the Rapier and long range would be one of the guns (Wheel Lock pistol or Flintlock Musket) Special can be a grenade, smiler to the Pirate. Bam, working character.

None of the other ones make sense though, and I agree with that.

Xander Crews
07-16-2010, 01:26 AM
Actually, a Musketeer is within possibility. Let's not forget the Pirate, who's weapon set on the show had more guns in it then anyone else in that age, plus a grenade. That character works fine, so a Musketeer could be fine as well.

Simple really. Short range would be the Main Gauche, mid range would be the Rapier and long range would be one of the guns (Wheel Lock pistol or Flintlock Musket) Special can be a grenade, smiler to the Pirate. Bam, working character.

None of the other ones make sense though, and I agree with that.

While i agree its 'technically' possible for a Musketeer it wouldnt make any sense. Sure you could make him like the pirate so he had only had one gun with an alternate unlockable that only had 2-3 shots (Which makes no sense since they had plenty of ammo, with the pirate it makes sense he only carries 3 guns on his belt each with one shot)... but whats the point? Hes called a Musketeer... why add him if youre going to cripple his gun play (plus then he really brings nothing new). Not to mention his gun is decades more advanced then the Pirates. His should easily be a one hit kill every time (accuracy isnt a problem like with the pirate).

Sure you could add him but youd have to take away what makes him special. You could add an Navy Seal, just make him have the Shovel Tool for short range, a gun with a bayonet for mid, and shoots the gun for long range... it works. It just just doesnt make sense to do that. Plus his gun even with 2 shots should kill.

Finally, look at the poll they put up... notice hes not on it? I think thats cause they know he just doesnt work in this game.

Alpha X
07-16-2010, 01:47 AM

They have a vote for who people want in the game most.
Awesome, but how is it a vote if there are no options to choose? Are people just supposed to say who they want out of anyone in existence in the comments? Because that doesn't really seem like a vote to me. I'm seriously asking this question because I'd like to vote if it's possible but I'm not seeing the option to.

EDIT:Yeah, as Xander said, I guess I just needed to refresh because it honestly wasn't there when I first looked at it but I just went back and looked at it and it's there now.

Xander Crews
07-16-2010, 03:55 PM
Awesome, but how is it a vote if there are no options to choose? Are people just supposed to say who they want out of anyone in existence in the comments? Because that doesn't really seem like a vote to me. I'm seriously asking this question because I'd like to vote if it's possible but I'm not seeing the option to.

Try refreshing? Its a poll on my screen...

Rajput and Vlad are tied for the lead with 19% each.

ILiies
07-16-2010, 05:20 PM
Id honestly love to see them add EVERYONE from season one, and make it like 2 different types of games, so you can click 'Modern' or 'Classic', Modern obviously giving you options such as Mafia and Classic being Zulu. They should also do an expansion, like 400Msp for everyone out of season 2.

crimsonkiller29
07-18-2010, 04:45 PM
Vlad the Impaler
William Wallace
C.I.A
Celt
Nazi SS
New Levels
New Achievements

Thats what I want them to add.

enilson
07-20-2010, 08:55 PM
Love that Vlad is winning the Spike poll - I'm not familiar with Rajput - can someone fill me in? Rajput is a close 2nd in the poll.

KutleryKing
07-21-2010, 01:37 AM
I think I can speak for everyone when I say there should be Mel Gibson DLC.

Default Weapons:
Short Range-Brass Knuckles (or his own fists)
Mid Range/Long Range-Telephone w/ Cord
Projectile-.45 Colt
Armor-Torn Clothes

Unlockable:
Short Range-Kitchen Knife
Long Range-Cross (prop from Passion of the Christ)
Projectile-Assorted Cutlery
Armor-Suit (to look fancy in court)

dylan_snyder09
07-21-2010, 02:50 AM
or mel gibson's armor could be the armor from the road warrior. now that'd be a character i'd play as haha

KutleryKing
07-21-2010, 03:23 AM
or mel gibson's armor could be the armor from the road warrior. now that'd be a character i'd play as haha

I like that idea!

Luiquid
07-22-2010, 08:41 PM
Love that Vlad is winning the Spike poll - I'm not familiar with Raj put - can someone fill me in? Raj put is a close 2nd in the poll.basically he was an elite Indian warrior who specialized in very interesting weapons like a sword which looked like a whip and a fist weapon which looks like the original wolverine. he fought with great ferocity and was usually a front lines warrior. I think many people find the arsenal a fun aspect to use in the game

stephen ryan
07-24-2010, 11:39 PM
i'd love to see a lot more fun this game aswell. like more characters and achievements.

DarkBurai
07-30-2010, 03:06 AM
I think they should add squad combat for online multiplayer.

Have like a ninja, spartan, knight, and a IRA soldier

vs

Apache, Pirate, Spetsnaz, and William Wallace.

They should also make the fight areas bigger and interactive.
(example: Ninja climbs a tree)

kyboy
07-30-2010, 03:08 AM
what about chuck norris? lol... hes by far hands down... the deadliest warrior lol

KutleryKing
07-30-2010, 04:25 AM
what about chuck norris? lol... hes by far hands down... the deadliest warrior lol

Chuck Norris is old and feeble. And he's only a man.