PDA

View Full Version : Why does my 360 not save title updates?

dnodavila
07-15-2010, 07:00 AM
Never had a problem with this before but in the past three days everytime I load a game it gets a title update. As an example I have started the game Blur 6 times over the past three days and everytime it has gotten an update. Even one of my older games Prey I started up 4 times today and it updated everytime? Any suggestions?

RadiantViper
07-15-2010, 07:10 AM
I have the same problem every few months. You'll need to clear your cache (go to Memory, when you have your save device highlighted go to Device Options), you'll have to download all updates one last time but the problem should stop.

dnodavila
07-15-2010, 07:19 AM
Okay thank you that did solve the problem. It's just weird because I just got this system a month ago. My previous 360 I had for a year and a half with 100 or more games played but never had that problem

Tufty
07-15-2010, 07:51 AM
It's just a glitch that rarely occurs, nothing to do with your console.

The Dukenator
07-15-2010, 08:00 AM
Same as locking up your console when its on the dashboard?

mmartynn
07-15-2010, 08:09 AM

i disagree, ive only noticed that you trigger the console not to save the cache when you clear it twice in one day (or once a day for 3 days)

way to avoid it is to stop clearing the cache

RadiantViper
07-15-2010, 09:58 AM
i disagree, ive only noticed that you trigger the console not to save the cache when you clear it twice in one day (or once a day for 3 days)

Nope, I rarely clear my cache and I still get this problem.

The Dukenator
07-15-2010, 10:48 AM
What are you using for your storage device?

Tufty
07-15-2010, 12:18 PM

Even if you do excessively clear your cache it's noting to do with your console, because your cache isn't stored on your console.

The Dukenator
07-15-2010, 12:22 PM
Even if you do excessively clear your cache it's noting to do with your console, because your cache isn't stored on your console.
You just want me to facepalm that, don't you?

Edit:
On second thought... http://leafyisle.com/images/smilies/picardicon.gif

[Waggly Bean]
07-15-2010, 12:23 PM

Really?

Surely it has to be, as it downloads updates to your console (well, HDD), and that is where they are stored....

Aceman417
07-15-2010, 02:50 PM

Edit:

Yeah have to agree with that...

IncensedCape
07-15-2010, 03:10 PM
The cache isn't technically on the console itself, so Tussell is right. The cache is on the hard drive, unless you have no hard drive and use one of the old Arcades with the built-in storage.

Tufty
07-15-2010, 03:21 PM

Edit:

They're stored on your memory units or Hard Drives, not the console. So before you decide to play the 'face palm' card, make sure you know what you're on about. ;)

wildwest08
07-15-2010, 04:44 PM
i have had the same problem

dakisbac
07-15-2010, 06:26 PM

It's no glitch- the cache can only store so many updates at once. Once it reaches that limit it starts erasing old updates.

RadiantViper
07-15-2010, 06:29 PM
It's no glitch- the cache can only store so many updates at once. Once it reaches that limit it starts erasing old updates.

Then explain why I can boot up the same game 10 times in a row, and I have to update every single time.

It's a minor glitch, and to fix it you just have to clear your cache.

/thread

Tufty
07-15-2010, 08:15 PM

That may be true, but he's having trouble saving new updates. Surely if it was erasing old updates it would save the new ones, which is why I don't think that is the case.