PDA

View Full Version : Nightmare Difficulty!

WogMatt26
07-15-2010, 08:29 AM
I'm playing Alan Wake on Nightmare difficulty and have passed some parts with ease.
I'm stuck on the part where Barry is on the other side of the fence and he has to find the key and you have to survive the taken.
How did you all do it?
i only have 3 flares and have to use 2 in the first 10 seconds?
did i miss some flares?
Is this the hardest part in Nightmare?
any help will be great.

CoregBlue1
07-15-2010, 12:06 PM
this took me a few trys too.

And yes, imo its the hardest part on nightmare.

You just have to kill the small guys first, then just avoid the big ones and run to the other side.
The kind of "defend" themselves when you light them so they canīt walk at this moment, just do that many times in a row to all of them, that way you can save a few seconds.

I only had 2 flares at this time, after you lost a few times, you get the hang of, when barry is near to find the key. On my game he said: "i found it, oh no, its just a tooth", not sure if its the same in the UK version but if, use your flares and stay at the fence. Remember the light strategy, that helped me out a lot: light once, light out, light again. That way you can keep the distance and only use flares if they are really close or barry saiys the above sentence.

WogMatt26
07-16-2010, 07:16 AM
thanks dude, but I've clocked it on nightmare now.
i also found a little glitch for that part where you just jump on the side of the stairs and the big guys go to the sides to try and hit you, but there just hitting the wall.

ChronoGrimlock
07-16-2010, 01:52 PM
I found that the hardest part, I recommend holding off on Flare usage as long as you can and boosting all the small guys charging you, then using your flares when the biggest guys get close to you.