PDA

View Full Version : Error message! What does it mean?

xYx VeNoM xYx
07-15-2010, 02:08 PM
I was playing my first dynasty game, yesterday and after I went to play game, a msg popped- up saying stats could not be loaded or something to that effect and said this game won't count towards your school, well I started the game and finished and it said it after I won but all my stats ate there. Has anyone else seen this or can you tell me what it means?

bLaKgRaVy
07-15-2010, 02:23 PM
I got that too. At the beginning of the game it couldn't download something then at the end of the game it couldn't upload anything. Truthfully, as long as the achievements are unlocking, I don't really care, but it would be nice to know.

Smooth Pancakes
07-15-2010, 02:54 PM
I posted this earlier in the Online Dynasty problems thread. This is a statement directly from the EA forums:

Hey NCAA Fans,

We have deployed a couple of server fixes tonight that I wanted to make you aware of (as of Wednesday, July 14th 10:45AM Eastern):

1. We had to bring down the Season Showdown Servers due to a crash some people were seeing. What that means is you will see an error message going into and out of some (or all) of your games you play. This WILL NOT affect anything other than Season Showdown stats, so do not worry about the error. We will fix this as soon as possible.

2. We've had to temporarily remove the ability the create custom rooms in our Online Lobbies. Again this was causing a crash some people were seeing. We will restore the ability to create rooms as soon as we have a fix in place, be assured this does not affect your ability to play games through our lobbies so feel free to continue to challenge anyone you see!

I apologize for any inconvenience these problems have caused and assure you we are working on fixes for these (and other) issues for NCAA Football 11. Thank you for playing our game and we are working hard to ensure this is the best NCAA Football game to date.

-Russ Kiniry
Designer NCAA Football 11

So hopefully the issues will only be temporary and will be fixed soon.

Boo Be4r
07-15-2010, 03:04 PM
Yea man, it is the season showdown servers.... I played a game early this morning and had same message pop up but did not mess up stats in dynasty or anything, just season showdown... so no worries

Chazzi27
07-15-2010, 03:54 PM
Man I've been playing this game constantly since I picked it up yesterday (I had to wait to 1000 Tiger Woods...stupid EA and their video) and I've been infinitely frustrated by this. I thought maybe UCLA would at least get SOMETHING this year lol. Last year they got blasted in the overall rankings...although with the probation of USC maybe UCLA will become kings of College Football in LA.

stallionsafty21
07-16-2010, 01:07 AM
I believe there are 3 achivements that are associated with season showdown so they should have to come back online, right?

Smooth Pancakes
07-16-2010, 01:14 AM
I believe there are 3 achivements that are associated with season showdown so they should have to come back online, right?

Unless something has been drastically changed in the last 6 hours, there are NO achievements associated with season showdown.

Chazzi27
07-16-2010, 01:29 AM

You are thinking of last years game...this year doesn't have any achievements tied to Season Showdown...they were pretty much replaced by the specific phone call recruitment ones.

JoshCah
07-16-2010, 05:06 PM
good. i knew this was about the season showdown but i didnt know if it was just me

stallionsafty21
07-16-2010, 10:26 PM
Yea, sorry guys. Got twisted in the head, there aren't any tied to season showdown. Was thinking of last years game and the 3 that are tied to RTG in this one

XxBlueSpade2xX
07-17-2010, 10:35 AM
I'm still getting the message, every time.

Afflicted
07-17-2010, 11:02 PM
Nice then theres nothing to worry about if nothing is connected to SS.

JoshCah
07-18-2010, 05:42 PM
I'm still getting the message, every time.

i think we will keep getting this message

alcoholic ewok
08-01-2010, 04:56 AM
Yet *EVERY* game review that comes out for it gives it near-perfect ratings...when there are these retarded mistakes in it.

Also fun to see how IGN locks each thread about it since there is no real answer to it.

slimjim78
08-03-2010, 08:03 PM
I get the message every game i play.

Blitzer88
08-03-2010, 09:11 PM
I am starting to wonder if they are even gona fix the season showdown thing anymore...

Eggnogga
08-11-2010, 12:41 PM
Picked this game up yesterday and am still getting the message. Just happy that what its failing to download doesn't affect achievements. Thanks to Smooth Pancake for posting the info.

I haven't purchased an NCAA game since 07..sooo.. this is a rather large jump in awesomeness.

Operator0311
08-11-2010, 06:35 PM
Its fixed now.

BSC YoungBoy
08-11-2010, 06:50 PM
Yet *EVERY* game review that comes out for it gives it near-perfect ratings...when there are these retarded mistakes in it.

Also fun to see how IGN locks each thread about it since there is no real answer to it.

its not a mistake. they closed the servers so everytime you try to connect to them, an error occurs. so maybe the game isnt the retarded one