PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Kinect NEW DASHBOARD look screenshots leaked?

WeaselGaming
07-15-2010, 02:48 PM
Found this on YouTube, anyone comfirm legit?

The screenshots are in the description..

YouTube- Xbox Kinect Dashboard screenshots leaked! (HD 1080p)

Sidereal
07-15-2010, 02:58 PM
Can't confirm nor deny the legitimacy of it, but it appears to just be a Beta Update most likely given to developers.

You can see the word Beta in the lower right corner of some of the screen shots, and the device is revered to as "natal device" rather than Kinect.

Other than that, the Dashboard appears for the most part unchanged. There's a lot of little details that are off, though, but being a Beta may be part of the reason for that.

The Dukenator
07-15-2010, 03:08 PM
http://kotaku.com/5587748/dashboard-redesign-coming-in-november
New dashboard screenshots.

master_shake_350
07-15-2010, 03:34 PM
The video shows nothing? Or its it my imagination?

Gun-Nut
07-15-2010, 04:36 PM
I hope the dashboard does not change! I'm all for the Kinect voice support but no need to go change it I don't like how much brighter it seems to be and even the guide seems to be more flat but if its going to happen no one can stop it.

Sure it will be easier enough to adjust to just as it was with NXE.

Mister Buds
07-15-2010, 04:40 PM
bring back the original dashboard! and fuck kinect.

TVthePunisher
07-15-2010, 04:58 PM

If you're referring to the tabs, then this.

If not, then not this.

I miss the original tabbed dashboard, I mean sure Avatars are cool and all...but I liked the tabs SO MUCH MORE than this. Then again, I don't know if there's a way to turn back or not =/ if there was, I would have done so already.

Mister Buds
07-15-2010, 05:01 PM

If not, then not this.

I miss the original tabbed dashboard, I mean sure Avatars are cool and all...but I liked the tabs SO MUCH MORE than this. Then again, I don't know if there's a way to turn back or not =/ if there was, I would have done so already.

yes, the tabs indeed.

ian333333
07-15-2010, 10:11 PM

THIS

avatars are gay wii rip offs :mad:

Skillet
07-15-2010, 10:27 PM

If not, then not this.

I just want more customization, honestly. And I want the friggin' marketplace to work with my connection again. All I get when I try to load the marketplace from my console is an error message. Happened right before they released the avatar marketplace and it's been that way since.

I don't really care about a Kinect dashboard, either. If it changes through the fall update, that's one thing. But I'm not being drawn into the whole motion sensing garbage so I won't be getting Natal anyway.

I want to be able to change my guide color though. That dark blue grey is really getting annoying.

Elit3 m0nkey
07-15-2010, 10:58 PM

I don't remember being forced to buy Kinect so you can ignore it and play whatever you normally play.

I like the way the dashboard is now (other than the pointless Music Marketplace) and I don't want another change.

The Dukenator
07-16-2010, 12:16 AM
The video shows nothing? Or its it my imagination?
They were removed.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=255832

The link I provided earlier has some screenshots as well. Even the quote below.

Edit:
"Yes, the next Xbox LIVE update will include Family Center," a Microsoft spokesperson told Kotaku. "As we discussed at E3 it will also include a refreshed Xbox LIVE dashboard, the new Kinect Hub and ESPN. This update will be available over LIVE just prior to Kinect for Xbox 360 being available in store in November. We have no additional details to share at this time."

Starstrukk X360A
07-16-2010, 12:32 AM
I think we'll grow used to it.
I remember when the NXE first came around every single person was bitching; now, they're not.

It takes time to get used to change, but once we do we won't regret it.

Daiphyer.
07-16-2010, 01:20 AM
Ehh, I find NXE better than the old one. It's easier to get around. And this one doesn't seem so different.

ekblad
07-16-2010, 02:10 AM
I'd choose a themed guide menu over a themed "view friends"-menu.

I want to be able to customize a whole lot more than I can now. Really, themes, that's about it.

veece16
07-16-2010, 02:20 AM
I wish they had both dashboard themes available, for people who liked the tabs and the new NXE.