PDA

View Full Version : Using My Mates Sky Account On My Xbox.

RagingClue
07-15-2010, 04:44 PM
Hey, pretty simple question. I do not have sky in my house, and my friend has a sky online account (I'm not sure what this actually is). My question is basically will my friends dad get a massive bill if I use his account.

TVthePunisher
07-15-2010, 04:55 PM
I don't know much about Sky (actually, I don't even know what it is...) but if it's a movie/TV watching thingy on the 360, then if it's anything like Netflix it won't charge (I use my friend's netflix to watch the instant movies, just I don't rent anything on DVD....).

RagingClue
07-15-2010, 06:10 PM
I don't know much about Sky (actually, I don't even know what it is...) but if it's a movie/TV watching thingy on the 360, then if it's anything like Netflix it won't charge (I use my friend's netflix to watch the instant movies, just I don't rent anything on DVD....).

thank you :), obviously I just don't want a massive bill on my hands. Also I'm pretty sure it will but if he signs into his account at the same time I'm on it will it sign me out?

TVthePunisher
07-15-2010, 06:17 PM
Shouldn't have any issues. Netflix on our part lets me and him watch at the same exact time, lol. Like he's watching Prison Break and my wife is watching Angry Beavers...no issues there. The only thing I'd recommend is not to both be using Xbox at the same time with the account, they Sky might have an issue with it (if they even bother to notice). Most Instant Watch services do not charge for watching movies, so yeah you're in the clear.

RagingClue
07-15-2010, 07:00 PM
Shouldn't have any issues. Netflix on our part lets me and him watch at the same exact time, lol. Like he's watching Prison Break and my wife is watching Angry Beavers...no issues there. The only thing I'd recommend is not to both be using Xbox at the same time with the account, they Sky might have an issue with it (if they even bother to notice). Most Instant Watch services do not charge for watching movies, so yeah you're in the clear.

Great, thank you very much for your help.

SAFC Jonny
07-15-2010, 07:12 PM
Hey, pretty simple question. I do not have sky in my house, and my friend has a sky online account (I'm not sure what this actually is). My question is basically will my friends dad get a massive bill if I use his account.

If you link his Sky iD to your 360 then you can watch any content that he subscribes to ie movies on demand if he gets the movie channels, you can't watch live tv unless he gets sky multiroom. I don't think you can change his subscription through your 360 so you won't be running up his bill you will just be limited to what you can watch by what he pays for.

Edit: He won't get signed out either if you watch at the same time

RagingClue
07-15-2010, 07:23 PM
If you link his Sky iD to your 360 then you can watch any content that he subscribes to ie movies on demand if he gets the movie channels, you can't watch live tv unless he gets sky multiroom. I don't think you can change his subscription through your 360 so you won't be running up his bill you will just be limited to what you can watch by what he pays for.

Edit: He won't get signed out either if you watch at the same time

Thank you, that is brilliant news! Thanks for your reply

SAFC Jonny
07-15-2010, 07:30 PM
Thank you, that is brilliant news! Thanks for your reply

Most welcome :)

tugboatman
07-15-2010, 11:48 PM
I can confirm that it works i used my friends sky player account for a while using his gamertag as the sign in details an as long as you dont "rent" episodes he wont get a bill but you will need his skyplayer ID an password from your friend or his dad!!

gamerguy69
07-16-2010, 12:55 AM

Is this on the one-DVD-out plan? I recall someone saying that Netflix will allow simultaneous streams on the same account for as many DVDs your plan supports. 1 DVD = 1 stream(PC or linked device), 2 DVDs = 2 streams (simultaneously), etc.

Magicmanboy
07-16-2010, 11:49 AM
Nope! he wont get billed! You can see everything he can see.. But i dont know if u can be signed on while he is signed on..

phoenix029
07-16-2010, 11:26 PM
You can't get any premium stuff on a second xbox tho. It only lets u link to one xbox at a time and will only let you change it once a month. I got the new slim today and it wouldnt let me sign in on it until I had removed the old xbox from the sky website.

TVthePunisher
07-17-2010, 01:32 AM
Is this on the one-DVD-out plan? I recall someone saying that Netflix will allow simultaneous streams on the same account for as many DVDs your plan supports. 1 DVD = 1 stream(PC or linked device), 2 DVDs = 2 streams (simultaneously), etc.

I believe he gets two, so that would make since I suppose.

rvlution
07-17-2010, 05:03 PM

I don't think that matters. You do have to have a certain Netflix plan though. I might be wrong.