PDA

View Full Version : Shishkabob Guide

NekroRocker
07-15-2010, 06:34 PM
Here is what I did for the shishkabob achievement. First I played the arcade mode and unlocked all the weapons for the spartan. I then set up a local match using the two controller method. I picked the Spartan and equipped him with the heavy javelin. For the second controller i picked the Apache. I set the level to Castle court yard. I picked this level because there is a good point of reference on the ground that I used to time my throws. When the fight starts run toward the Spartan with the Apache you will notice the Spartan is standing on a brick road. When the Apache gets close to the end of the dirt circle in the middle hit B with the other controller to throw the spear. I pressed B when the Apache got in between two rocks or pebble like items on the dirt and brick road. You know you have the timing down with your spear sticks in the head of the Apache time after time. I did this for about 15 minutes when finally the head of the Apache was ripped off. It stuck to the ground not the wall and the achievement unlocked for me. I just kept doing rematches until I got it. I had the settings on normal and the rounds set to 5 that way I got three tries before I had to rematch.

KutleryKing
07-15-2010, 06:36 PM
Nice! I'll go try this right now.

JCDanger
07-15-2010, 07:31 PM
I got this achievement using the Viking (with upgraded double spear throw) against an AI Knight in the castle courtyard.

Simply press 'B' as soon as the match starts and pray to Odin.

The spears were thrown from the starting postion and connected with the Knight in his starting postion, couldn't even see where the head went, the only way I could tell was when the 10G popped up.

Happy head-hunting.

NekroRocker
07-15-2010, 07:39 PM
I found that running towards the spear and throwing it at close range increases the chances that it sticks in their head, thus increasing the chance that the spear decapitates

TRICKY1976
07-15-2010, 08:13 PM
Here is what I did for the shishkabob achievement. First I played the arcade mode and unlocked all the weapons for the spartan. I then set up a local match using the two controller method. I picked the Spartan and equipped him with the heavy javelin. For the second controller i picked the Apache. I set the level to Castle court yard. I picked this level because there is a good point of reference on the ground that I used to time my throws. When the fight starts run toward the Spartan with the Apache you will notice the Spartan is standing on a brick road. When the Apache gets close to the end of the dirt circle in the middle hit B with the other controller to throw the spear. I pressed B when the Apache got in between two rocks or pebble like items on the dirt and brick road. You know you have the timing down with your spear sticks in the head of the Apache time after time. I did this for about 15 minutes when finally the head of the Apache was ripped off. It stuck to the ground not the wall and the achievement unlocked for me. I just kept doing rematches until I got it. I had the settings on normal and the rounds set to 5 that way I got three tries before I had to rematch.

!!! Iv already posted this its in the guide!!

NekroRocker
07-15-2010, 08:57 PM
!!! Iv already posted this its in the guide!!

You posted a few lines about how you got it, I wanted to post something more detailed, I tried your method with no success so I came up with my own. I don't know why people get so upset about someone else posting about an achievement the name of the game is to help others out.

TRICKY1976
07-15-2010, 09:23 PM
You posted a few lines about how you got it, I wanted to post something more detailed, I tried your method with no success so I came up with my own. I don't know why people get so upset about someone else posting about an achievement the name of the game is to help others out.

Not when you post basically the same s**t someone else has!!! yeah cool if its a differant way than what others post!! (and whos upset was pointing out you basically did it the way i did it)!!

acollins123
07-15-2010, 11:35 PM
thanks for this it works