PDA

View Full Version : UFC 70: Nations Collide FREE!!

PerpetualHeaven
04-18-2007, 04:22 AM
Oh yeahhh! Watching Cro Cop and Bisping fight for free? Awesome. Only on Spike TV. :) Woot.

Shaaady Souljah
04-18-2007, 04:30 AM
Nice. Thanks for the heads up... I am not a big enough fan to do pay-per-view, but how can you turn down a free show? I hope it lasts a while--but if it doesn't, it was free. ;)

Adam Miller
04-18-2007, 07:28 AM
Anyone know if its free for the Uk?

Shaaady Souljah
04-18-2007, 08:15 AM
I am not familiar with how your TV channels work over there, but over here it is on expanded cable--which is pretty standard in most homes (usually channels from 2-80 or so). So, if you have a similar bundle, I would say you should get it somewhere on some channel.

Kaens
04-18-2007, 03:12 PM
Anyone know if its free for the Uk?
It's not. It's PPV outside of USA. I believe there are two reasons for this..

1. Show is loaded with British fighters (duh) that have little exposure here other than Bisping.

2. Expose Cro Cop to the casual (UFC only) mma fan here in USA to help them really sell the ppv when he fights for the title.

Adam Miller
04-18-2007, 04:39 PM
It's not. It's PPV outside of USA. I believe there are two reasons for this..

1. Show is loaded with British fighters (duh) that have little exposure here other than Bisping.

2. Expose Cro Cop to the casual (UFC only) mma fan here in USA to help them really sell the ppv when he fights for the title.

Thanks for the reply but my friend showed me how to watch it for free and he assures me it is legal.:)

graemelunn
04-18-2007, 06:02 PM
Thanks for the reply but my friend showed me how to watch it for free and he assures me it is legal.:)
Care to share with a fellow Brit before Setanta get my 15.

Adam Miller
04-18-2007, 06:36 PM
Of course, on Google search for "sopcast" download it (1.87mg if i remember correctly) extract all files and install. Then go to your list of channels and there will be one for ufc 70. He also tells me it works for champions league nights, he says he flicks from game to game on his computer! Sounds very nice.

Farrmark
04-18-2007, 06:40 PM
Not sure how "legal" it actually is but it does work :)

I've watched loads of Premiership footie on it since I had Sky turned off because they wouldn't replace my box :(

Adam Miller
04-18-2007, 07:19 PM
Not sure how "legal" it actually is but it does work :)

I've watched loads of Premiership footie on it since I had Sky turned off because they wouldn't replace my box :(

I'm not 100% but then my friend showed me a website that lists top 10 free ways to watch tv and sopcast was there at 4 because it just has sports that can be viewed on full screen(has movies too:confused:). It is a p2p tv streamer where i think people set up there own channels sometimes one offs for specific football matches but they just stream tv to computer then set up a channel on pc.

If it isn't legal and illegal isn't aloud a mod will inform me and ill be more than happy to delete my posts.

Kaens
04-18-2007, 07:29 PM
I can't speak for all the mods, but I've got no interest in being the internet police. Do your thing man ;)

clear31
04-20-2007, 10:55 PM
yeah originally this was going to be a ppv again for us in the states. But due to it being so close to the last ufc ppv it was going to be aired live at 1 pm for us. now though it was changed to us seeing it taped. I am not gonna be on the net at all so i dont see the results by accident.

WildManWiles01
04-20-2007, 11:24 PM
Oh yeahhh! Watching Cro Cop and Bisping fight for free? Awesome. Only on Spike TV. :) Woot.

I will definatly be watching this tomarrow. Its said to be starting at 9pm? Dont know if that is ET or what......

Anyone get an official time?

Kaens
04-20-2007, 11:29 PM
I will definatly be watching this tomarrow. Its said to be starting at 9pm? Dont know if that is ET or what......

Anyone get an official time?
Yes it's 9pm eastern (or atlantic), so adjust your schedule accordingly.

Nodogg
04-22-2007, 04:24 AM
Holy fuck! What a night. I got 4 out of 5 fight right! All I can say about Cro Cop vs Gonzaga is FUCKING WOW!

clear31
04-22-2007, 04:16 PM
who would of thought Crocop to get knocked out by one of his most used fight enders

Tron
04-22-2007, 07:02 PM
is there a replay?

Adam Miller
04-22-2007, 07:13 PM
Im sure if you search on youtube soon itll be on there. :)

Sil3nt360
04-22-2007, 08:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCe_HD4WKJw

That makes me a sad panda.

IMportdreams95
04-22-2007, 08:33 PM
who would of thought Crocop to get knocked out by one of his most used fight enders

Not taking anything away from Cro Cop but Gonzaga is a beast. Most of you realise that now. I told nodogg that there is no Heavyweight that could beat cro cop after Perpetual showed me him. Then they showed him Fighting Gozaga and I said he may be in trouble b/c he's a beast. Both me and nodogg looked at each other last night and knew it was going to be a good fight. And boy it was an amazing fight. Well deserved win for Gonzaga. Sorry for Cro Cop, hope he is ok and getting well but it's the UFC anything/ and anyone can win. Look at Sierra VS GSP.

I love MMA~

clear31
04-23-2007, 07:33 AM
yeah i wont take anything away from Gonzaga i am starting to think though the jump from pride to ufc is a whole major factor for most of these fighters. Crocop also has stated hes just not into it anymore the training, fighting, everything.. I mean its not like he hasnt been knocked out before.

He didnt seem to be pressing at all. He just kept backing off. gonzaga definitely wanted it more.

Truthfully though this is going to hurt Crocop more simply because the fear is gone now probably for most heavyweights stepping in the ring with him for the remainder of his contract. and personally Couture-gonzaga might actually be much more entertaining than Crocop-Couture

gonzagas stock has risen

graemelunn
04-23-2007, 11:06 AM
Nodogg couldn't have summed it up better FUCKING WOW! Gonzaga was very impressive and I just didn't see the same desire or attitude in losing from Cro Cop that I did in GSP following his loss to Serra - that attitude of "OK, I lost, I'll learn, I'll come back and kick more ass..." just seemed missing.
What a knockout and (anyone that knows me will know why) I had sympathy pains when I saw how his leg and ankle buckled underneath Cro Cop.

Certainly Gonzaga-Cro Cop was a great curtain closer but what about Bisping - Sinosic? Other than a slightly scary moment when he almost got caught in a kimura, Bisping dominated Sinosic with a potent ground and pound smashfest similar to that of a younger Tito Ortiz. The 205lb division is put on notice, the Brit is coming...

Nodogg
04-23-2007, 11:58 PM
Bisping is a monster. I didn't really think he was that great (because you didn't see much of his fighting + no good challengers) in the show ultimate fighter but I really like him now. He's going to tear his weight class up!

XxJU571NxX
04-24-2007, 12:25 AM
Who won that Fight with Cro Cop and Bisping? I was still recovering from 4-20 so I missed the fight.

Nodogg
04-24-2007, 01:22 AM
Bisping won & Cro Cop lost but two differant fights.

graemelunn
04-24-2007, 02:02 AM
And both should be watched for sheer awesomeness.
Any news on whether Cro Cop suffered any serious leg damage?

Caboose13311
04-24-2007, 02:19 AM
it was unbeliavable because i mean Cro Cop is known for his knock out kicks and the underdog Gonzaga comes out and knocks his ass out with 4 seconds in the first round... Pure awesome

and any UFC that has Arlovski is arldy awesome

Nodogg
04-24-2007, 02:31 AM
nothing about injury just yet but heres an article worth reading about UFC 70.

http://www.canada.com/topics/sports/story.html?id=756300fc-4919-4e4e-8e42-b90ee0bdae4a&k=58739

PerpetualHeaven
04-24-2007, 02:39 AM
Firstly I would like to say Bisping is an absolutel ANIMAL. He's honestly one of the best fighters in the league and so exciting. Second, Terry Etim... WOW. 9 fights ended before the second round all won by submission or knock out. He's good. Third, what the hell happened with Cro cop? I was expecting more. My thoughts? He got super cocky didn't study and Gonzaga studied HARD. He anticapated the mid kick and the fight was over. Take down and beat the shit out of him. He was dazed and that high kick knocked him out. Awesome part on Gonzaga, Cro Cop earth to Cro Cop are you alive? haha. Ah well it was an awesome night. Bisping + Etim = Great Britain having some Awesome fighters. Such great fights.

clear31
04-24-2007, 03:18 AM
i think we are getting another free ppv on spike

ufc 72 is going to be in ireland. rich Franklin headlining

graemelunn
04-24-2007, 10:46 PM
I think you're right - heard whispers that it's headed for PPV again here.
Forrest Griffin is said to be appearing on the card (originally scheduled to be at UFC 70) but I dont believe that an opponent has been named yet.

clear31
04-24-2007, 11:53 PM
yeah i found this while browsing mma forums

UFC 72
Saturday, June 16
The Odyssey Arena in Belfast, Ireland

Main Event:
TBA

Undercard:
185 lbs.: Rich Franklin (21-2-0) vs. Martin Kampmann (15-2-0)
205 lbs.: Forrest Griffin (13-4-0) vs. Hector Ramirez (6-2-1)
185 lbs.: Jason MacDonald (18-8) vs. Rory Singer (11-6)*
155 lbs.: Tyson Griffin (8-1-0) vs. Clay Guida (21-7-0)*
Hvywt.: Eddie Sanchez (6-1) vs. Colin Robinson (6-1)*

stars = not confirmed yet

looks like rich franklin isnt headlining. I was gonna say Sherk would headline but i think hes defending at ufc 73. Ortiz and Rashad Evans is also ufc 73 i think. Not sure what they will use to headline.

PerpetualHeaven
04-25-2007, 02:17 AM
Oh that looks like a good fight card. I think the MacDonald and Singer fight will be awesome. So will the Griffin site mainly because Griffin is psychotic.

Nodogg
04-25-2007, 02:44 AM
Oh that looks like a good fight card. I think the MacDonald and Singer fight will be awesome.

I don't. MacDonald is going to murder Rory "I'm a gay boy" Singer!