PDA

View Full Version : Gaming TV Shows

the_b1ues
07-15-2010, 08:04 PM
Just something i was thinking about the other day there is a real lack of gameing related series on Tv (that i no off) what programme did people watch. I used to really like watching Sonic and Donkey Kong Country on Fox Kids in the afternoon and of course there was Pokemon think everyone saw that.

BemusedBox
07-15-2010, 11:33 PM
There is a real lack of game shows aswell i can remember watching gamesmaster back in the day but nothing like that on tv now.

the_b1ues
07-15-2010, 11:51 PM
nar its a shame last thing i last watch was on that gaming channel in the uk cant remeber the name now but thats not even around anymore

Starstrukk X360A
07-16-2010, 12:45 AM
X-Play on G4TV.
WCG Ultimate Gamer on SyFy.
Gametrailers TV on Spike.

Dz06lt
07-16-2010, 01:42 AM
X-Play on G4TV.
WCG Ultimate Gamer on SyFy.
Gametrailers TV on Spike.

Yeah thats about it. Im suprised that there are not more gaming related shows out there

Burning Karma
07-16-2010, 02:42 AM
Yeah thats about it. Im suprised that there are not more gaming related shows out there
Well, G4 used to be dedicated to gaming. Before they sold their souls.

BemusedBox
07-16-2010, 03:44 AM
G4 and spike i think are usa but considering the amount of money involved in the games industry you would think there would be more shows.Maybe they think were to busy playing games to watch tv.

Starstrukk X360A
07-16-2010, 01:59 PM
To be honest, I'm not all that surprised there is a very low amount of gaming-related TV shows. The general audience is probably too busy playing video games to actually watch.

Plus video games is pretty difficult to talk about; you can review it, make a game show out of it, or discuss new things.

You can't really do anything else with videogames (compared to everything else on tv.)

mcgive
07-16-2010, 04:37 PM
The only Gaming TV show I know of being broadcast in the uk was GamePad and it was bloody aweful.

damtalldylan
08-02-2010, 03:07 AM
X-play

10 Characters

exo-apollo
08-02-2010, 01:38 PM
Good Game on ABC, was brilliant until Junglist left the show....

KNIGHTOFSERA
08-02-2010, 01:48 PM
G4 is totally idiotic...they are supposed to be gaming /tech related and they have what 2 shows that fill that criteria? Xplay and AOTS...then they have crap fillers like cops and cheaters that take up the other 18hrs

I want them to bring back arena, the gaming competition show... I remember liking
that....

also bring back icons..the gaming history show, maybe thats just me but I like to go on wikipedia and read up on games and their history

I dont know why they dont have a gaming machinima show....

I am just grateful G4 hasnt let that douche Tsquared have a show yet.......final nail in the coffin

I mean seriously who is the programming director there, he should be fired

thats my take on gaming on g4...I could build a better network lineup

oh and kind of off topic, but I hate that show effin science on G4.......they say "effin" and "hack" to many times to be watchable......and add on the fact that ive seen most of their experiments on mythbusters already

TsarBlandi
08-02-2010, 02:14 PM
in the UK theres a couple gaming shows on Bravo, called "Ginx Files" and "GameFace" though they are a load of crap imo, reviewing games like a month after they come out, theyre "tips" section basically is reading out an instruction booklet and their comparison sections are so bias.

In a comparison of Dragon Age and demon souls, there wasnt a category for Story or Customisation, but in stead there is one for how scary the enemies look...

what was i talking about?

KNIGHTOFSERA
08-02-2010, 02:52 PM
In a comparison of Dragon Age and demon souls, there wasnt a category for Story or Customisation, but in stead there is one for how scary the enemies look...

lol wow.....gaming journalism at its best

SynysterChris
08-09-2010, 12:06 PM
Arena was awesome, I so wish they would bring that back. I can see the reason for dropping like the 5 other review shows they had, extended play was by far the best. Adam Sessler is awesome, Morgan Web is cool too, though I havn't watched much of G4 because it turned to shit. Cop, cheaters and all the other stupid shit on there is inexcusable.

They just need to bring back or create a bunch of new Game a tech shows. Someone also mentioned the game history stuff those were cool, they just need more of that kind of stuff.

Another cool show would be a world record breaking show for video games.

ScrubsXbox360A
08-13-2010, 04:19 PM
I was wandering if they were going to release any. Probably not going to happen though. Looks like we're going to see a Heavy Rain movie

SynysterChris
08-19-2010, 01:43 AM
I was thinking about other cool video game show ideas, a pro vs joe thing would be cool I know they do it with sports but one for games would be awesome. That way some pros could make some extra scratch.
what do you guys or ladies think?

ooo0ooooooo0ooo
08-23-2010, 10:16 PM
The first season of Pokemon along with the Orange Island season will forever be the greatest game based TV series around

Starstrukk X360A
08-23-2010, 11:09 PM
I was thinking about other cool video game show ideas, a pro vs joe thing would be cool I know they do it with sports but one for games would be awesome. That way some pros could make some extra scratch.
what do you guys or ladies think?

Pro gamers up against casual people picked off from the street? Hardcore =D

The first season of Pokemon along with the Orange Island season will forever be the greatest game based TV series around

This thread is about shows that are about video games, not stuff like you just listed...

SynysterChris
08-25-2010, 05:34 AM

I was thinking more like a challege thing, I guess like maybe they have a few pros signed up or somthing and regular people(Joe's) can send a challenge them to the pros game example TSquared to Halo or Walshy. Also other game like Justin Wong to Street Fighter, stuff like that.

But I would really love to see Arena make a comback, I wonder if there is a way to set somehting up to bring it back but updated, I think if it was updated it would get a huge following now that G4 is much bigger than it was in the past when it was just Tech TV.

13ip0lar
08-25-2010, 04:06 PM

This thread is about shows that are about video games, not stuff like you just listed...

Look out for the enforcer! Go off topic and she'll call you out on it! D:<

Just messing though...but seriously that joe vs pro, would be a good idea for about an episode till everyone figures out the pro never loses.

Also I'd have to agree with the early comment about people too busy playing games to watch shows about games. I remember watching televised CSS tournaments, and that crap is just boring to watch. Also the only type of game/tv show relation (in my opinion) that is worth the time to watch. Is reviews, not only to you get a peek at the game, but you get to watch actual gameplay footage while the commentary tells you about the feel & the pros/cons of it. Brilliant ^^

Burning Karma
08-26-2010, 02:16 AM
But I would really love to see Arena make a comback, I wonder if there is a way to set somehting up to bring it back but updated, I think if it was updated it would get a huge following now that G4 is much bigger than it was in the past when it was just Tech TV.
Just don't have that original toolbag that hosted the show host. Same goes for 2004-era (or whenever that show aired) Kevin Pereira.

SynysterChris
08-26-2010, 04:21 AM
Ya Kevin Perra was a co-host for that show, didn't even know it was him till I saw a re-run.

SynysterChris
08-26-2010, 04:22 AM
Look out for the enforcer! Go off topic and she'll call you out on it! D:<

Just messing though...but seriously that joe vs pro, would be a good idea for about an episode till everyone figures out the pro never loses.

Also I'd have to agree with the early comment about people too busy playing games to watch shows about games. I remember watching televised CSS tournaments, and that crap is just boring to watch. Also the only type of game/tv show relation (in my opinion) that is worth the time to watch. Is reviews, not only to you get a peek at the game, but you get to watch actual gameplay footage while the commentary tells you about the feel & the pros/cons of it. Brilliant ^^

Naw, I'm sure there a people who could beat pros, in a game people do it all the time, there a good but not unbeatable.

Burning Karma
08-27-2010, 03:02 AM
Ya Kevin Perra was a co-host for that show, didn't even know it was him till I saw a re-run.
He was a douchebag looking guy back then. Now, I like him. He'd be fine hosting it now.