PDA

View Full Version : Kinetc doesn't work on 'old' Xboxes?

Boba Phil
07-15-2010, 09:02 PM
Firstly, I did try searching, but it was not working.

So any ways, I was talking to a mate tonight who recons that, since the new Xbox Slim is advertised as 'Kinect ready', you HAVE to have a slim for kinect to work and it will not work on old Xboxes, Premiums or Elites or such.

That's not true is it???

Neverender
07-15-2010, 09:04 PM
Not true at all.

It has been confirmed that you will need an adapter to use Kinect with old 360s, but it has also been confirmed by Aaron Greenberg via Twitter that the adapter will come with Kinect at no additional cost.

Son of Kyuss
07-15-2010, 09:05 PM
It will work on older Xbox models but will be powered by an external source (Plugging it into the wall) rather than having the Xbox power it via an input on the back.

BemusedBox
07-15-2010, 09:40 PM
I just thought it would work with old xboxs good to have it confirmed.

Boba Phil
07-15-2010, 09:55 PM
I knew it! That seemed a stupid thing to do on Microsoft's part. Making everyone buy a slim before they can get Kinect.

That's the kind of thing only Sony would do. :)

hodge
07-15-2010, 09:59 PM
I was wondering about this. I might just get the Xbox Slim and Kinect bundle that Microsoft will inevitably do

luffy
07-15-2010, 10:07 PM
it will work , i mean if you think a bout it , with all these xbox versions
XBOX ARCADE
XBOX 360 PREMIUM
XBOX360 ELITE and not to mention the new SLIM XBOX360

there are still people who can't afford getting the best or latest xbox console like "the new slim one" so they have to wait for the consoles to get cheaper.. well that's some people thoughts , regardless for the good price microsoft sells xbox360. that's the irony right there.

Chaosx721
07-15-2010, 10:27 PM
That's the kind of thing only Sony would do. :)
Actually its the kind of thing M$ would of done.

odd crew
07-15-2010, 10:31 PM
just to clear this up when they showed e3 on youtube the crowd was told apparently kinect would work with all xboxes and it didnt mention an adapter feel free to tell me if i wrong

Chaosx721
07-15-2010, 10:50 PM
just to clear this up when they showed e3 on youtube the crowd was told apparently kinect would work with all xboxes and it didnt mention an adapter feel free to tell me if i wrong
I didn't watch the conference, but I'm sure they didn't say it was for the 360 slim only. Then later when they showed a closer look at it on the floor it then was said that the older xbox would need an adapter, and the slims wouldn't need it.

Neverender
07-15-2010, 11:08 PM
I was wondering about this. I might just get the Xbox Slim and Kinect bundle that Microsoft will inevitably do
Microsoft has already confirmed that they will be produced. I'm guessing the bundles will launch with Kinect.

It was then confirmed that an adapter would be needed as a power supply for old 360s. For new ones, it'll just draw power from the console. Old ones need an adapter, but Aaron Greenberg recently confirmed that the adapters would be included with Kinect via Twitter

odd crew
07-16-2010, 12:10 AM
ok thanks for helping me to understand it better as well

Boba Phil
07-16-2010, 06:51 AM
Actually its the kind of thing M$ would of done.

This is true!