PDA

View Full Version : LLWS 2010 not easy 1k like Sandlot Sluggers

New Era Yaz67
07-15-2010, 09:48 PM
For those thinking this is going to be a breeze and be as easy as Backyard Sports: Sandlot Sluggers think again, I am normally pretty decent as sports games and ranked 19th in the world on the sports genre leaderboard on Mygamercard.net and even I seem to be having trouble with some of the achs so far, some tournament mode achs look like there going to take a while and honestly I really regret buying this game, big disappointment and not easy achs on any aspect.

dillon
07-16-2010, 01:57 AM
Throwing a perfect game is near impossible, they always hit the ball in the 5th inning, I honestly dont know if I am going to 1k this. Complete garbage.

YES!!!!!!!! I FUCKING GOT IT

LivinForMe
07-16-2010, 04:12 AM
was debating on getting this game but now i am not so sure about it.

BladeMDP
07-17-2010, 09:48 PM
it's not that hard once you get the hang of it - make sure to have pitching, running, and fielding on technical and hitting on easy. Make sure you have your star player batting cleanup. One of the keys is to pick 5 cards that assist you offensively. The 5 cards I use every game are:

1. Dizzy Spell
2. Slippery Hit
3. Climax Card (adds 100 points to your talent points)
4. Climax Card (maximizes both your team and other teams talent points)
5. Down the Line

Start out the first inning, use dizzy spell to get first batter on base. Then you can use Slippery hit for second batter, to get him on base. Try to hit normal with 3rd batter, just put LS up so you're guaranteed to hit it in the air (and not on ground for double play). Then with 4th hitter, use the climax card that maximizes your team and other team. Power up with the star player and all you have to do is make contact for guaranteed home run. Now, you always start out with at least a 3-0 lead. I very rarely used my talent cards on defense, just on offense.

At end of game, when you get attribute points, always just assign to your team's offense.

As far as the perfect game/no-hitter, remember, it doesn't have to be a 6 inning game. In LL baseball, there's a 10 run mercy rule. I got my perfect game in a 2 inning game I won 10-0.

My first LLWS I got all the tourney achs. To make sure I got the triple crown one, I just made sure my start player was batting with level 3 talent 99.9% of the time so I could hit home run with him.

To me, it's not hard, just time consuming. I played the LLWS with an USA team and won it, now having to go all over with an international team.

However, I am running into a little bit of trouble with the skill challenges, most specifically the pitching ones - I beat bowling, but having trouble with pitching darts and dunk dugout. You don't get to use the pitching gauge for pitching so I'm having trouble gauging a "nice pitch."

XxChiCubs32xX
07-18-2010, 06:35 PM
This game is not bad at all once you get the hang of it. Especially on easy difficulty.

tbond22
07-20-2010, 03:49 PM
For those thinking this is going to be a breeze and be as easy as Backyard Sports: Sandlot Sluggers think again, I am normally pretty decent as sports games and ranked 19th in the world on the sports genre leaderboard on Mygamercard.net and even I seem to be having trouble with some of the achs so far, some tournament mode achs look like there going to take a while and honestly I really regret buying this game, big disappointment and not easy achs on any aspect.

Have you played more since the post? Feel any better about getting all the achievements? I used to love baseball games, but not so much anymore. I loved Baseball Stars and RBI baseball for the NES and thought this might be closer to those as far as difficulty.

THE NICK1987
07-21-2010, 04:36 AM

Correct me if i'm wrong (you may be talking about a different GT)

But your linked tag is ranked 120,706th in the world in sports games.... :confused:

NiteJokester
07-21-2010, 07:10 AM

But your linked tag is ranked 120,706th in the world in sports games.... :confused:

http://image.xboxlive.com/global/t.54540817/tile/0/2807a (http://profile.mygamercard.net/New%20Era%20Yaz67)
New Era Yaz67 (http://www.mygamercard.net/genrelb.php?gt=New+Era+Yaz67&g=sports&z=&c=)
http://static.mgcstatic.net/images/site/flags/27.png (http://www.mygamercard.net/genrelb.php?gt=New%20Era%20Yaz67&c=27&g=sports&z=)
4600 / 220
Pro
:uzi:

New Era Yaz67
07-21-2010, 09:28 PM

Yes, you are wrong I am not ranked 120, 706th in sports games very funny lol here is the link if you dont believe me, lol http://www.mygamercard.net/genrelb.php?gt=&g=sports&z=&c=
Scroll down torwards the bottom page of the rankings and it will say ranked 19th in the world in the Sports genre, I dont know where you got your far stretched crazy info that I was 120000th in the world or something, thats nuts.

NekroRocker
09-25-2010, 09:43 AM
No this game is not as easy as Sandlot Sluggers but it is still alright. It does get very repetitive having to play almost 60 games though. Overall I've played worse so if you have time and patience it's worth a shot.

RTRD_Mayhem
11-06-2010, 08:02 PM
yeah, this game is downright awful and difficult. i'm 1-4 and i LOVE baseball and baseball games. i have played every single baseball game for 360 ever (MLB 2K6-10, The Bigs 1 & 2, Sandlot Sluggers, MLB Stickball) and have never had an issue until this game. it's mind-numbingly boring, and every other swing is a pop up to the infielders. yup, annoyed. LUCKILY, i got it in GameFly today, already gonna send it back. horrible game, horrible experience. DO NOT play this game, it's not fun at all, and on top of that, you get beat down constantly soooooooooo ya.......

DaCop
02-27-2011, 08:18 AM
finally got 1k took about 23 hours!!

scarface983
11-10-2012, 04:13 PM
Finally Finished this game today! you need patience for the skills challenge such as the Pitching Darts and the Bowling one.