PDA

View Full Version : Madden 11 Boycott

Vicktacular
07-15-2010, 10:18 PM
I have played every Madden since 98 or 99 and have enjoyed them for the most part.

However I am refusing to buy this game new OR used due to the new online system which will require anyone buying the game used to pay $10 to play online.

I know other games suck as BFBC2 and GoW2 had schemes similar to this with the VIP codes and free map packs but I am afraid if games continue to keep making money this way free multiplayer will soon vanish all together.

My stance is I am paying $50 a year to M$ to play my games online. I shouldn't have to pay extra to a developer if I pick up a game used a few months after its release.

Hopefully enough people refuse to buy this game so this trends stops.

antnie
07-15-2010, 10:25 PM
Yes this whole ordeal is soooo stupid. Honda doesn't make you pay for buying a used car at Tom's Car shop. So why should games charge for buying used. It is like taking half of the game away just because you bought it off someone else. When you buy a used car you don't only get the drive feature, you get reverse too. So why should games only get campaign and not online too.

I am boycotting Any EA game that does this. This is way out of line.

Chaoticstealth
07-16-2010, 12:01 AM
antnie that is great analogy..I'm afraid I feel the same way, and if developers start charging me to play their games online when I already pay Microsoft, to play online, no more Xbox!! I know developers don't care even if 75% of people quit playing because the 25% that keep playing will make them millions, but they won't get a penny from me! If I paid $10 a month for every game I played online last year, I would of spent over eight hundred dollars, GIMME A F***IN BREAK!!! I am already wiping the dust off my PC, to play for free!!!!

Vicktacular
07-16-2010, 12:20 AM
Glad to see others are with me on this one. Hopefully enough people feel this way that next years edition will not have this feature, and maybe even make this online free if their sales are low enough. Only time will tell I guess.

Madden games are always an easy 1000 but I refuse to pick this one up until paying for online has ended.

MightyD88
07-16-2010, 05:35 AM
I haven't played online Madden in a long time. Too much poor sportsmanship. However, I had a NFLShop gift card and picked Madden 11, so...technically I got it as a gift/reward, so...but I hear what you're saying. Enough is enough.