PDA

View Full Version : Halo 3 VS. Modern Warfare 2

elementdelta59
07-15-2010, 11:12 PM
This has been a question that many of my friends, and most likely many of you, have been wondering for quite a while: Which game has better Multiplayer? Halo 3 or Modern Warfare 2? I will present you with both sides of the argument and from there, you can make you own decision.

Modern Warfare 2:
-Better graphics
-Better detailed weaponry
-Custom loadouts
-Better replay value(prestige mode)
-More variety in combat to assure you never have the same experience twice
-Even though the sniper and noobtube are very over powered, there are few of them which make them a good addition to the team, and there are always ways to counter over powered weapons.
-Killcam; no more WTF!? momments
-There is ALWAYS something to unlock which makes it worth playing once top dog
-Better ranking up system

Halo 3:
-Custom Armor
-Custom Gamemodes/maps
-Duel-wielding= GREAT IDEA
-Better party game

Here is my conclusion:
Modern warfare presents a whole new idea of gaming to the world! Custom loadouts so you use the hardware you want to use! Yes there are plenty of WTF!? moments but it is cleared up with killcam! So you understand how you die! Also the ranking up system is fantastic! you can play a game and go up no matter how bad your teammates were! So you won't be penalized for your teams stupid mistake! Halo 3 is built so your team benefits, MW2 is built so you benefit from your actions. And when i play Halo 3 i just feel like theres nothing special about it. Like regular matches are pointless. But with MW2 there is always hope that you will do better. And thats why i give the victory to:
Modern Warfare 2

tianJinhobo
07-15-2010, 11:16 PM
Oh definitely Halo 3. It is simply timeless. You can take a break, and still come back to it with it as fun as ever. But in MW2, you take a break, look back on it, and remember all the dick spawns, noobtubes, modders, etc.

TheRealBr1ghtShadow
07-15-2010, 11:18 PM
I say MW2 is a fun game. But its 1% skill. I have spent 3 months of my life on this game and say it was the worst two months of my life. Great game. Too many overpowered weapons . Every time I die 1/2 of them is a WTF kill. Halo though has theator mode. I love looking at pictures and videos. Making my own maps. Its just an awesome game. Fun game, OK multiplayer. But MW2 takes the cake with quick scoping. :)

Nathan WV10
07-15-2010, 11:22 PM
I think Modern warfare 2 is the better game.

FIVE FNGR DSCNT
07-15-2010, 11:23 PM
halo 3 imo
another factor for me is the leveling system, in halo 3 you can go up and down so ur always trying to get higher
in cod ur always going up and cant go down so even though its a fun game I never feel like Ive accomplished anything

tianJinhobo
07-15-2010, 11:27 PM
I say MW2 is a fun game. But its 1% skill. I have spent 3 months of my life on this game and say it was the worst two months of my life. Great game. Too many overpowered weapons . Every time I die 1/2 of them is a WTF kill. Halo though has theator mode. I love looking at pictures and videos. Making my own maps. Its just an awesome game. Fun game, OK multiplayer. But MW2 takes the cake with quick scoping. :)

yes, this post also reminds me of the game rage you can get playing this game. WTF DROPSHOT. GAY M-16! AIMBOTTER! ya know? Halo, you just shoot the other guy and have fun. But hardcore players can still play like MLG modes and such.

jamie1000013
07-15-2010, 11:27 PM
Never played halo 3 online and MW2 is ok but definitely not as good as COD4 or rainbow six vegas 2. Also this belongs in the game forum just a heads up :-)

UtahOSB
07-15-2010, 11:31 PM
I think Halo3 broke the mold and started this current generation of great games. Still the only game I know of that offers 4 player CO-OP play of the story and I think still is the only game that allows private matches in system link where you don't need 1 console per player. Just those little things make it still a worthy game and very popular our LAN parties.

MW2 is a great game overall. The ranking system in the online play has changed the way other games setup their online portions. Look at how Gears2 added their ranking system to stay relevant. MW2 / MW are still so popular because of the great online play but the rankings keep you working on something. MW2 is almost too deep with all the rankings and titles and emblems, but still entertaining.

I won't pick between them. I like them both for different reasons. I still need to wrap up some of the GS on Halo3 so doesn't sit idle on the shelve very much.

Xclusive twitch
07-15-2010, 11:31 PM
i have nvr played mw2 on xbox 360 because i just bought my xbxo 360. But i know on the ps3 mw2 rocked.. and i have played halo 3.. but i still think mw2 is a funner game. but halo 3 nvr gets old

AGEEman615
07-15-2010, 11:33 PM
I picked MW2 just because im terrible at halo :D

Deadly Moves
07-15-2010, 11:41 PM
This is bound to turn into a flame war.
But my opinion is.. MW2 has by far the more superior MP, but the community on the whole is shit. Whereas Halo's MP is just average IMO.

njdevils17
07-15-2010, 11:47 PM
I like MW2 for when I want to play a serious and competitive match.

Halo 3 is good for screwing around with friends and stuff and for hiding around the maps.

Glowin Smurff
07-16-2010, 12:07 AM
killcam can't really be an argument against Mw2 since u can play the modes that don't have killcam.

Starstrukk X360A
07-16-2010, 12:34 AM
Halo 3 is fun, sure, but it gets old quickly. I haven't played MW2, but if it's anything like the rest of the CoD games...I'm going to have to go with Halo.

crazy W01f 816
07-16-2010, 12:44 AM
Oh God. Not another one of these threads.

Both games are good at what they try to do, arguing which is better just comes down to preference which is opinion not fact. Therefore, it is impossible to say which is better than the other.

Furthermore, I like both. I know that it's impossible to be able to like more than one FPS, but.........I guess I've always considered myself to be different.:p

In closing, this thread will become a flame war; everyone get out while you can.

Dz06lt
07-16-2010, 01:07 AM
generally hate multiplayer but ill take mw2

DistressedBear
07-16-2010, 01:11 AM
I am not a great fan of either game and i havent played much of either but i think it really depends on taste, If you like futuristic, mythic, fantasy then you'll like Halo, whereas if you like, modern warfare (no pun intended) then you'll like CoD MW2, and CoD is technically better as it is newer, but then again this debate will mainly rely on taste =]

stabyourcat
07-16-2010, 01:12 AM
I like MW2 for when I want to play a serious and competitive match.

Halo 3 is good for screwing around with friends and stuff and for hiding around the maps.

I agree with this for the most part.

Although IMO Halo 2, Halo 1 > Any COD.

But my vote for this one goes to MW2.

R Rated Love
07-16-2010, 01:19 AM
If you're going to compare a Call of Duty game to Halo 3, it should be Modern Warfare 1. Modern Warfare 2 came out over 2 years after Halo 3, whereas Modern Warfare 1 came out less than 2 months after Halo 3.

Was going to do a line-by-line of your comparison, but it just wasn't worth the effort.

elementdelta59
07-16-2010, 01:31 AM
well everyone, this hasn't turned into a flame war, and it won't.

fudgenuts64
07-16-2010, 01:55 AM
MW2. I love Halo 3 though, it's custom games are great.

I M1K3Y B I
07-16-2010, 02:08 AM
Its all about Halo 3, hated MW2 online. :)

elementdelta59
07-16-2010, 02:17 AM
daily update:
Modern Warfare 2- 14votes
Halo 3- 8 votes

(i have posted this poll on multiple forums)

King Agam
07-16-2010, 02:45 AM
Oh definitely Halo 3. It is simply timeless. You can take a break, and still come back to it with it as fun as ever. But in MW2, you take a break, look back on it, and remember all the dick spawns, noobtubes, modders, etc.

exactly...

BedCommando
07-16-2010, 06:53 AM
Both are terrible and have tarnished the genre, but Halo 3 is the lesser evil when comparing only the two games. But as a series, it's pretty even.

Emcee Shadow
07-16-2010, 07:01 AM
I dont play much multiplayer games online but, i like MW2 better

EnJoYoUrSeLf004
07-16-2010, 07:07 AM
MW2 naturally :woop:

Gamerdude5448
07-16-2010, 07:19 AM
Hslo 3 because they brought every gametype we see today. And CoD just copied them.

Hooch9
07-16-2010, 07:54 AM
Gonna have to go with MW2. I'm just not that big of a Halo fan.

Sniper Riflez
07-16-2010, 08:56 AM
Even though MW2 is a piece of shit compared to CoD4 it's still better than Halo 3, although private games on Halo 3 were awesome.

Skillet
07-16-2010, 10:04 AM
Apples and oranges.... they may both be fruit, but they taste completely different.

Chaosx721
07-16-2010, 10:04 AM
Hslo 3 because they brought every gametype we see today. And CoD just copied them.
I don't know of any gametypes that CoD stole from Halo. Most of the gametypes that Halo and CoD use are mostly from other games FPS, staples to the FPS multiplayer if you will.

As for what's better, well neither really, they're both great in their own way. But one isn't better then the other, they give different experience and are played differently. So really its just what you prefer.

FFFreak1129
07-16-2010, 10:28 AM
Halo 3. The glitches that are in MW2 make it terrible to play with others.

Big Stoz
07-16-2010, 10:33 AM
Halo 3 for me, but that's cos I'm crap at multiplayer and was less crap on Halo 3 than COD

A J
07-16-2010, 10:52 AM
Although i hate to love modern warfare 2 i could never get into halo with the ridiculous amount of bullets you have to drill into an enemy before they finally decide to die.

Unterofficer
07-16-2010, 10:58 AM
Modern warfare presents a whole new idea of gaming to the world! Custom loadouts so you use the hardware you want to use! Halo 3 is built so your team benefits, MW2 is built so you benefit from your actions.
Wtf? MW2 brought custom loudout to games? Just for you to know custom loudouts is very old idea and it has been in gaming for really long time. Counter-Strike (1999) had custom loudout, Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis (2001) had them too, hell even Rainbow Six: Vegas (2006) had them. Custom loudout isn't a new idea, so you can't crown MW2 as the invetor of it.

Then that solo advantage vs. team advantage. Which is more important? That your team wins, or that you racked 5.0 K/D but lost the game? You work for the team, the team doesn't work for you. Teamwork over rambo.

I voted Halo 3 as it is way better game, without all of those glitches and little better community.

Kaiyo
07-16-2010, 02:23 PM
Halo 3, because theres none of those glitches, cheaters get destroyed easily and actually get banned, better community, saved films to actually see who the %^&& cheated or how they did it in a better scale and e.t.c.

The Brownie Bandit
07-16-2010, 02:40 PM
Hmmmm, I like MW2 because it's a basic first person shooter with a lot of weapons, you always have titles, emblems, and camos to keep you occupied, and it's campaign was a lot better than Halo 3's. On the flip side, Halo 3 has custom armor, lots of game modes, and double xp weekends that start on THURSDAY. Although because almost everyone has these two games, I get my daily fill of dickheads, little kids that scream into the mic every chance they get, the jocks that go to my school, stoners, racists, and kids that rap during the game because they think their eminem or something. But besides that, I guess I would have to go with MW2.

Opiate42
07-16-2010, 03:24 PM
They're both fun to play. But I've thrown my controller in frustration a lot less in Halo and my memories are much nicer.

mosin360
07-16-2010, 03:27 PM
Screw MP. Halo 3 wins simply because of it's 4 player co-op.

luffy
07-16-2010, 03:37 PM
first- HALO3 was released in 2008
second- MW2 was released in 2009

looking at the irony the majority of people which spend the continuous hours playing in halo3 is a lot higher than the time spend in call of duty MW2 , and besides halo3 is a remarkable game and the online multiplayer is a lot more fun and exciting with a lot of features.

wait a minute we can ride a 'warhog' yay us!

mosin360
07-16-2010, 03:40 PM
Uh, Halo 3 is from September 2007.

nappster187
07-16-2010, 03:40 PM
i voted for Halo 3, mw2 gets on my nerves sometimes!

Spanish Assault
07-16-2010, 04:31 PM
Campaigns were both great but both MP's are broken, so my vote goes to Halo Reach.

Elit3 m0nkey
07-16-2010, 04:42 PM
first- HALO3 was released in 2008
second- MW2 was released in 2009

looking at the irony the majority of people which spend the continuous hours playing in halo3 is a lot higher than the time spend in call of duty MW2 , and besides halo3 is a remarkable game and the online multiplayer is a lot more fun and exciting with a lot of features.

wait a minute we can ride a 'warhog' yay us!

Actually Halo 3 was released in September 2007.

My favourite game moments are from Halo 3. And while the ranking system in it makes little sense to me, I rarely get frustrated by it. Where as in MW2, a lot the time I die, or get kills, it's easy to see that the other person should have won.

MW2 was a disappointment. It was fine for the first couple of weeks but once people figured out glitches, and how to mod the game, it quickly lost it's appeal. Now I only play a match before I get bored.

So I guess I will go with MW2 easily, however if this had been between CoD4 and Halo 3, it might have been a little closer.

And I am shocked that this hasn't turned into a flame war.

PS: Carmona25, Reach does not count as it is not out yet. Learn to read.

Gun-Nut
07-16-2010, 04:48 PM
I'm going with Halo 3 the main reason it might not have lasted as long as the CoDs do for me is all the challenges you get along with the earning XP for unlocks but I'm sure Reach will satisfy after playing the Beta I know I will enjoy ranking up to get each type of armour so I can be a unique spartan! :D

SubG3nius
07-16-2010, 06:25 PM
I don't like Halo 3, I dont see what so great about it, I don't like MW2 anymore either since they screwed it over, but if MW2 did work as it was supposed to do, I think it would be an amazing multiplayer experience and not many games would beat that, certainly not Halo 3.

Spanish Assault
07-16-2010, 06:33 PM
PS: Carmona25, Reach does not count as it is not out yet. Learn to read.

I know how to read you tool...I was saying that in anticipation of that game coming out. No need to be an ass about it.

BTW there was a beta that I played. And what little I played it was awesome.

GhostFalcon3
07-16-2010, 10:09 PM
Halo 3 beats Modern warfare 2 easily in my opinion, however if you had said modern warfare vs Halo 3 well....

wildlatics09
07-16-2010, 11:21 PM
Halo 3 beats Modern warfare 2 easily in my opinion, however if you had said modern warfare vs Halo 3 well....

lol your avatar is ninja pro lol

halo takes more skill and theres no heartbeat sensors and turtle beaches are practically useless, but ive always enjoyed call of dutys and although i dont bash it, im pretty good at it - and the campaigns easier than halo

overall ill say 50/50 and so im not gonna vote

JackJumpsCandle
07-16-2010, 11:58 PM
Modern Warfare 2 was more fun for the first three months it was out, and then Halo 3 came back. There is just so much more that you can do on Halo 3, and it's nice not having so many glitches in multiplayer. And custom games are GODLY!

wadeinator
07-17-2010, 12:03 AM
honestly i think halo 3 is better but i think it depends on what a person likes

Corrupt.
07-17-2010, 12:21 AM
Why is this post in this forum?

EliteShadowMan
07-17-2010, 01:16 AM
I put MW2 just because i played it more recently, and its not as bad is it once was with noobtubers, or glitchers/modders/hackers.

But Halo 3 will always be a nice game to come back to and Play some Team SWAT lol.

Cleaner7
07-17-2010, 03:00 AM
Comparing MW2 to H3 is definitely like apples to oranges. I prefer MW2 to H3 simply because of the constant unlocking of equipment and sense of progression. Yet Halo 2 is my most played/loved multiplayer game of all time. Halo 3 didn't seem like a major step forward so it was a huge disappointment to me.

CRAZY 7
07-17-2010, 05:07 AM
Halo is so much better I can sit there and play forever and not get bored but in COD MW2 I get tired of the same shit over and over again

macgyver893
07-17-2010, 04:14 PM
I'm a fan of both, but I can play Halo 3 any day of the week and MW2 only occasionally. Halo 3 has more replay value, and it's just a lot simpler IMO.

DarcknessFall
07-17-2010, 07:23 PM
Regardless of all the previous posts on this thread, my take is that Halo 3 is best due to Forge and Custom Games. However, if you are to mean matchmaking multiplayer, it is a different story. While Halo 3 still has a much more diverse matchmaking, it still fails to compare to the fast-paced action that has been part of Call of Duty for a long time. They are, however, very good games to switch between to make sure you don't get bored of playing the same thing for hours.

xKnight21x
07-18-2010, 01:45 AM
Definitely HALO 3! you a dumb a$$ if you dont agree! Its even getting better when Reach comes out!

Ashr807
07-18-2010, 01:59 AM
Agreed. Halo 3 is much better. MW2 spawns you almost instantly to your death and way too many killstreaks make the game boring.

dragonpwnr99
07-18-2010, 02:10 AM
halo 3 all the way!!! i love the fact you basically cant camp in halo 3 and no guns are waay overpowered in halo 3 whereas in CoD:MW2 some guns ( M16A4 being one).
you dont start playing halo and expect to be able to one hit kill someone in the upperbody or somtimes legs where no matter where on the body(excluding head) is a 2 hit kill . the only CoD multiplayer i like is CoD:WaW because there is no "noobs" as most( not me) call them. and the armor is a definite WIN over MW2. you cant5 custimize what guns you carry so you can easily overpower lower levels eve3ryone has the same chance to get guns. lastly everyone you play with are close levels with you unlike MW2 and the exp and leveling is much better in halo IMO.
Thank you.
P.S. please dont troll me everyone can have thier own opinion if you dont like mine dont waste your time posting against me.

Langeboy
07-18-2010, 02:11 AM
Halo 3 is nearly three years old. I think if your still comparing the two games now, it's obvious who the winner is. Halo has always been a more interesting game. I think Halo 3 sold the Xbox 360, I know without it, I would own a PS3 right now.
Call of Duty is the consoles Justin Beiber. Heaps of fan-boys, but it'll die out soon enough.

dragonpwnr99
07-18-2010, 02:12 AM
exactly...
You Sir are a fricken genious i agree with you 150%!

Call of Duty is the consoles Justin Beiber. Heaps of fan-boys, but it'll die out soon enough.
haha very very good analogy, i like call of duty but less for the multiplayer and more for the campaign( although i do love CoD:WaW multiplayer it is second on my list righjt behind halo 3 ;) )

Darth Grif55
07-18-2010, 03:35 AM
Halo 3 EASILY.

Halo 3 has better online, a better community, more things to do on multiplayer besides matchmaking & it's NOT BROKEN! There's a good game hidden somewhere in MW2, but it's hidden behind all the broke s*** because IW thought "Hey we made COD4, one of the best shooters of all-time... Our s*** doesn't stink, so no beta!" & then MW2 became one of the most over-rated games of all-time. I'm DONE with that game & would of sold it, if my little brother wasn't stupid & didn't play it.

EliteShadowMan
07-18-2010, 03:45 AM
Halo 3 is nearly three years old. I think if your still comparing the two games now, it's obvious who the winner is. Halo has always been a more interesting game. I think Halo 3 sold the Xbox 360, I know without it, I would own a PS3 right now.

Well COD is at the point like someone once said "if activision made the shittiest COD ever, people would still continue to play it" hence why it will never die -.- what a shame lol. I missed the old days of call of duty. When it first debuted on PC it was so freaking awesome and kept getting better, but now a bunch of idiotic fanboy's played MW1's multiplayer so much that activision didn't really bother trying on MW2's campaign (which was the biggest joke of a campaign in 2009)

XxBlueSpade2xX
07-18-2010, 04:00 AM
MW2, no question.

Aeope
07-18-2010, 04:09 AM
-Duel-wielding= GREAT IDEA

You do realize that MW2 has that too? :confused:

Both have their merits, so I'm not going to choose. It's all personal preference anyways.

XBLsFinest
07-18-2010, 02:08 PM
mw2 has its good moments but the main thing that comes to mind when you think about it is the knives, grenade launchers and people spraying LMGs. For me it's too easy for new players to be instantly good. Whereas people who work at it and don't fall in to the popular trends of kniving and glitching always get punsihed. Halo 3 isn't perfect but if you're good at it you're generally rewarded.

Hitchman
07-18-2010, 02:11 PM
modern warfare 2 for me. i was never into halo 3 multiplayer, but look for Reach to change that opinion.

D.A.N.
07-18-2010, 03:02 PM
Easily Halo 3. Anything in the Halo trilogy is better than all of the Call of Duty games. It isn't even a contest. Halo revolutionized the console First-Person Shooter to the point that the control scheme is mimicked by 99% of console games to this day, including Call of Duty. Halo plays better, is deeper, more balanced, while the only relevant thing Call of Duty has brought to the forefront is perks, which have never been balanced. It also doesn't help that Halo 3 has Double XP every week and Modern Warfare 2 has a new glitch every week. Bad trade off.

KeepEmRolling
07-18-2010, 03:08 PM
An easy pick...Halo 3. COD multiplayer is, just imo, a total mess.

Barad
07-18-2010, 05:24 PM
I prefer Modern Wrafre 2 for sure.

Flips360
07-18-2010, 05:38 PM
Easily Halo 3. Anything in the Halo trilogy is better than all of the Call of Duty games. It isn't even a contest. Halo revolutionized the console First-Person Shooter to the point that the control scheme is mimicked by 99% of console games to this day, including Call of Duty. Halo plays better, is deeper, more balanced, while the only relevant thing Call of Duty has brought to the forefront is perks, which have never been balanced. It also doesn't help that Halo 3 has Double XP every week and Modern Warfare 2 has a new glitch every week. Bad trade off.

I agree 100%

Hero Of Acre
07-18-2010, 05:57 PM
Now I'm not much of a supporter of Halo, and have many times proclaimed it's mediocrity. Now that being said even if Halo 3 is merely alright at least it's solid game, on occassion you'll get no reg, but I've never had anyone curve a bullet and shoot me around a corner. Regardless of what you think of Halo or Bungie at least they know how to play test a game.

Now MW2 on the other hand is one of the most glitchy games I have ever played, weither it be the complete lack of reg or getting shot around corners about as much as not. And that's not to mention the other glitches that have been around, javalin anyone? Now if you're going to say "OH! BUT THEY FIXED THAT! YOU CAN'T USE THAT! YOU'RE JUST A HATER! LOLOLLMFAO!!!11!1°°?" it shouldn't have been there. Yes, glitches will make it into a game, that's inevitible; but I wouldn't be suprised if they bug tested the game for 2 days, fixed some of what they found and didn't even bother to continue testing. I have never played a game with as much bullshit as MW2...and I've played CSS for about 5 years.

Also to D.A.N. thank you so much by saying it revolutionized console shooters (while there were some good FPS' before it, you'd be a fool to deny the impact that it had on the industry). The PC has been playing awesome FPS long before Halo. Also on a side note, think the flood of FPS on consoles is bad, it's been that way on PC's for much longer, and sadly with no end in site.

bratwurst
07-18-2010, 10:21 PM
halo 3 by far, mostly for custom games and 4 player online.

Artful Dodger
07-18-2010, 11:50 PM
Halo 3

Fo sho'

Its more competetive, harder to get kills, harder to rank up.

Cod is a noobs game, & the amount of bugs in MW2 is a joke.

Halo is the closest you'll get to the perfect game

Shad0wchaos
07-19-2010, 12:16 AM
Call of duty =/= Halo

This is asking if someone thinks oranges are better than cats.

SrLoganBR
07-19-2010, 12:40 AM
every time I play Halo 3 again, I find it too slow, cause i'm used to play MW2.

but I've had much fun playing Halo with friends shooting those cannons and hitting them with the hammer.

to me it's a tie.

ObsidianVoid
07-19-2010, 12:46 AM
They are both good, i seriously can say MW2 cuz i play it much more than halo nowadays.

Darth Grif55
07-19-2010, 01:26 AM
I can't wait until September when Halo: Reach boots MW2 from the top spot, & then in November Black Ops will boot it down even further (Treyarch > IW).

montana97
07-19-2010, 04:27 AM
Modern warfare for sure i just cant see everyones fascination with halo i think it is a the most overrated game of all time.

bigpsycho70
07-19-2010, 04:37 AM
MW2------>:uzi::eek:<------ halo 3

Kaiyo
07-19-2010, 04:59 AM
I can't wait until September when Halo: Reach boots MW2 from the top spot, & then in November Black Ops will boot it down even further (Treyarch > IW).

Not many people gonna get Black Ops due to the way Activision is going with this new pay to play online thats not xbox live fee bs....

Shnozzarooney
07-19-2010, 10:50 AM
Modern Warfare 2 all the way

Atrum Kardia
07-19-2010, 10:57 AM
Halo 3 got old, i moved on to Modern Warfare 2. Halo 3 is still a great game though. Maybe Reach will boost Halo's glory back.

Kaiyo
07-19-2010, 05:08 PM
MW2 gets new glitches, cheats and hax every week while H3 has a double exp weekend instead.

Burnout x360a
07-19-2010, 06:57 PM
Can't really compare them as though they are both FPS's, they play entirely different.

SSOib4F
07-19-2010, 07:10 PM
I picked Halo 3.

I have never played Modern Warfare 2, not yet...

Pixo
07-19-2010, 07:20 PM
There's no question Halo 3 is a better game. Modern Warfare to is just a broken game overrun by glitches, mods/hacks and a ton of other problems. There's no comparison between the 2 IMO... as much as I hate both of them.

robmart0906
07-19-2010, 08:06 PM
wow, what a tough one for me. i loved playing online both each during their prime of popularity. overall i got to give it up to MW2 in general

Infection Ftw
07-19-2010, 10:40 PM
Theather>Killcam

Milimanci
07-19-2010, 10:52 PM
MW2 because of the amount of weapon variety.

Damian227
07-19-2010, 11:06 PM
I've played both and was always more of a COD gamer in the early days (bummed COD 2 haha) but have to say Halo.

Halo is just more enjoyable to play. I put the game on and have fun with friends or strangers, some competitive play, have a laugh and have so many games and maps to play.

COD seems to have iffy servers, SO much modding, hacking and such that the game isn't about fun anymore... it's about being the "best" even if you're cheating to do so, thus defeating the point. I'm assuming the problems are because COD isn't on a private server? (have no idea if it is). I also find that if you play like a real solider, you get flamed by nerds? A friend of mine who's in the military is always given shit for playing realistically and has also moved to Halo 3 to have fun.

I won't bash those who enjoy COD, but it's atmosphere isn't for me.

Robby Sp MaC
07-19-2010, 11:15 PM
mw2 hands down your either good at it or your not and if your neither of those well there definatly is an inbetween there is more ways to counter attacks and retaliate. and whoever thinks the game requires no skill is foolish every one plays diffrent. skill is self developed in this game call of duty is still on a hot roll.

Hero Of Acre
07-20-2010, 05:08 AM
mw2 hands down your either good at it or your not and if your neither of those well there definatly is an inbetween there is more ways to counter attacks and retaliate. and whoever thinks the game requires no skill is foolish every one plays diffrent. skill is self developed in this game call of duty is still on a hot roll.

I disagree with "more ways to counter attacks and retaliate", because MW2 is a FPS just like Halo 3, the exact methods of attacking are different, the underlying principles aren't. You can go to a town in Colorado, and run around in the woods, (in otherwords go Rambo) you can go in cautiously, or not go in at all and just shoot from a distance, to name a few, this is something all FPS' have in common. And the skill argument can be made for Halo 3.

Also...you're either good at it, or you're not, or you're somewhere in between?

ViPeR6
07-20-2010, 05:20 AM
Why is there a thread comparing 2 horrible games?

But to stay on-topic, at least Halo 3 isn't completely broken.

RenegadeFlanker
07-20-2010, 05:34 AM
no comparison Halo 3 FTW!!

coleb93
07-20-2010, 05:35 AM
mw2 is way better then halo

Damian227
07-20-2010, 09:33 AM
Is it just me or does there seem to be an age factor? A lot of the posters for MW2 seem to write like 10 year olds lol

Robby Sp MaC
07-20-2010, 12:59 PM
All you halo fans make me sick.. im not saying its not a good game...but really have you ever burned one and played cod? its way more intense... but ill run down a list of why its better

1. weapon selection
2. the blood doesnt come out looking like pop tart paste
3. pwning 10 year olds is always funny.
4. the actual single player mode is shorter. sweeter. and way more interesting.
5. ....natzi zombies anyone? how many hours did you waste on that?
6. the leveling system is better, the challenge system is great
7. do you remember the first time you got nuked and the first time u relized u too could get one?
8. halo sucks
9. theres a crossbow in black ops? crossbow? come on people a crossbow alone is way better then any of those halo pee shooter water guns.
10. halo sucks
11. lol
12. playing it drunk or high is better
13. pwning old men who should be out working and not playing video games is always funny
14. throwing knife....

Mean M
07-20-2010, 08:58 PM
To me this is a hard question. Modern Warfare is my favorite both online and campaign, however Halo allows for the multiple people online using the same console so itís great for parties. Wish Modern Warfare would do the same but they probably want the money from multiple sales.

Darth Grif55
07-20-2010, 10:43 PM
All you halo fans make me sick.. im not saying its not a good game...but really have you ever burned one and played cod? its way more intense... but ill run down a list of why its better

1. weapon selection
7. do you remember the first time you got nuked and the first time u relized u too could get one?
8. halo sucks
9. theres a crossbow in black ops? crossbow? come on people a crossbow alone is way better then any of those halo pee shooter water guns.
10. halo sucks
11. lol
13. pwning old men who should be out working and not playing video games is always funny
14. throwing knife....

God, you're a noob. I can't take anyone seriously who can't even capitalize & lists Halo sucks as a reason why MW2 better. Also, this is about MW2 not about WAW or Black Ops moron.

Kramericus
07-20-2010, 10:47 PM
Who uses a game being shorter as a positive?

crazy W01f 816
07-20-2010, 10:53 PM

1. weapon selection
8. halo sucks
10. halo sucks
11. lol
14. throwing knife....
You are an immature brat. Furthermore, why have a list if half of it is BS?
In closing, go die in a fire.

Darth Grif55
07-20-2010, 11:11 PM
Who uses a game being shorter as a positive?

Because he's "special" & can't pay attention for long.

Kramericus
07-20-2010, 11:19 PM
Because he's "special" & can't pay attention for long. I mean I just cant fathom someone actually suggesting that Halo 3, which can beaten in a day or 2, is too long. I mean jeez, my main beef with first person shooters is how quickly they are over.

Darth Grif55
07-20-2010, 11:34 PM
Ditto. I bet he thinks Half-Life 2 sucks because it's soooooo long. *facepalm*

HMS Resolution
07-20-2010, 11:44 PM
No contest, Halo 3.

Langeboy
07-21-2010, 03:36 AM

1. weapon selection
8. halo sucks
10. halo sucks
11. lol
14. throwing knife....
Some rebuttal.
1. Yes, weapon selection is larger on Modern Warfare. Pity it's crap.
2. It does.
3. It's fun because the majority of people playing Modern Warfare 2 are 12 or under.
4. Single Player was utter trash. Halo's was no better though.
5. 0 Hours. I bought Left 4 Dead instead..
6. The leveling system seems lazy too me, like the rest of the game. "If we take back all your guns and level, here have a shiny new symbol."
7. No.
8. Nice argument there.
9. Your right, a crossbow, that instantly sold me. (Your being sarcastic too right?)
10. Another ingenious statement from a Modern Warfare 2 fan-boy.
11. You come up with the best ideas.
12. It is a lot better when your not sober, when you sober up you start realizing how trash the game is.
13. Oh yes, that's always hilarious..?
14. Nearly as good as the crossbow.

Another great input from a Modern Warfare fan-boy.

dragonpwnr99
07-21-2010, 03:48 AM

1. weapon selection
8. halo sucks
10. halo sucks
11. lol
14. throwing knife....
ok dont get me wrong but was this not a comparison between MW2 and halo 3?
so nazi zombies does not factor in at all and black ops does not either so please have some real reasons... dont get me wrong pleas i am not trying to troll you i am just trying to stay OT. i do love all CoD games because the campaigns are great but WaW was the only good CoD multiplayer IMO.
Some rebuttal.
... haha good reply ;)

Mw2 is better
wow very good argument ;)

Tinysmitty
07-21-2010, 03:50 AM
Mw2 is better

xSlappy
07-21-2010, 04:09 AM
Halo 3. Why? The option to bring guests in just cant be beaten. Nuff' Said

EliteShadowMan
07-21-2010, 04:21 AM
Reasons why MW2 sucks:

1. Short Campaign
2. No blood at all really?
3. overpowered weapons (1887's, rangers, rafikas, etc.)
4. Hackers/mods/noobtubers online
5. maps all allow to many spots to camp
6. trash talkers in COD who actually think their good (team full of noobtubers were telling my team how we sucked cause they won and pretty much "cheated" to win)
7. maps are to close quartered and took no originality at all to make
8. no checkpoints in spec ops.
9. IW are cheapskate bastards who make people pay $15 for a map pack
could probably come up with more but i honestly gave up on that game a while back so i can't remember the majority of its faults.

Why Halo sucks

1. Campaign was boring
2. ending sucked
3. noob combo is annoying!
4. Ranking up online does nothing really.
5. Majority of the time u get those kids that go 1 and 15 lol.

I like both games, but honestly MW2 was the biggest disappointment last year for a reason. IW didn't really try on multiplayer this time cause they knew a shit ton of people would buy it anyway. also halo's campaign endings have always been kind of bad so i wasn't to surprised at the end of halo 3.

Damian227
07-21-2010, 11:03 AM
Is it just me or does there seem to be an age factor? A lot of the posters for MW2 seem to write like 10 year olds lol

The very next post was...

1. weapon selection
8. halo sucks
10. halo sucks
11. lol
14. throwing knife....

The irony haha....

But seriously that was the worst arguement for a game I've ever seen.

1. Yes there are loads of guns, all of which are either useless or over powered, meaning everybody uses the same ones...
2. Well I wouldn't say it was much better to be honest.
3. Maybe for people who say 'pwning', I'm guessing you're under 18.
4. Yes it's shorter and has zero depth... must be better.
5. Wasn't this the previous game? And as somebody else said, I'd rather play Left 4 Dead
6. The leveling system is terrible, you only go up (so no real idea who is a top player) and you lose your stuff for a shiny pixels?
7. Yeah, I thought it ruined the gameplay, particularly with the amount of people who cheat for them. Where is the skill or fun in "bang, dead, gameover"?
8. Awesome reason :Bounce:
9. Crossbow... yeah thats got me sold! Oh and it's on the following game...
10. Didn't you use this already?
11. ..... even better.
12. Don't pretend your old enough to drink
13. Thus proving you're not old enough
14. I found it handy yeah, I'll admit that, wouldn't say that makes the game better though.

So congratulations, you gave maybe ONE reason and it's that you can throw a knife... The simple fact Halo isn't full of hackers, modders and cheats kinda out weighs that one buddy.

HumanTorch2013
07-21-2010, 05:30 PM
Its pretty close, but I like that MW2 has weapon customization and more maps. I also prefer modern warfare over futuristic warfare.